Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

That boy that nearly died in Vietnam way back at the start was my best mate at primary school. He's a pilot now (or was, unsure of his health status as he took himself off fb not long after he got home), nothing underlying that I'm aware of. Early 40s.

Not that this means the panic merchants are correct, they're not, but there are plenty examples out there of younger c***s getting it badly. 

Doubt he is gonna be singing from the rooftops about his medical history, he was your best mate 30+ years ago

5 minutes ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Doubt he is gonna be singing from the rooftops about his medical history, he was your best mate 30+ years ago

True, but I knew him pretty well all the way through our teens and our 20s as well. 

Edited by madwullie

16 hours ago, Left Back said:

Bill Gates now declaring that countries vaccinating under 50’s are basically c***s and should be sending all vaccines to India.  He never specifically mentioned Israel though.  Not the done thing to criticise Israel in the US.  Maybe he could have helped the situation more by not fighting to keep IP rights for big pharma and allowing billions more doses to be produced if he’s so concerned about the pandemic.

Devi also on the news implying we’re wasting loads of doses and we should be getting those to India instead.  How many does she think we’re wasting?

Another misleading fact trotted out that we have enough doses to vaccinate the country 4 times over.  Big difference between ordered and have but don’t let that get in the way of an agenda.

https://www.salon.com/2021/04/26/bill-gates-says-no-to-sharing-vaccine-formulas-with-global-poor-to-end-pandemic_partner/

He's still fighting!

We can't deal in absolutes, but some apparently healthy people with no known underlying conditions may indeed become seriously unwell with covid. No point denying it as it has occurred. 

What we do know is that this is thankfully a rare occurence and the vast majority of people that are young and healthy do not become seriously unwell. The hospitalisation and death figures more than bear this out. 

In a way it's similar to the vaccines and the blood clots that a very small number have encountered - unfortunately some people just happen to have a bad reaction for any number of reasons. There was a correlation between the blood clots and a low platelet count, but how many people would be aware that they had such a condition, for example? 

Edited by Michael W

Superbigals figures are 1-2 days behind  aren't they?  Last three days cases are 176,177 and 142 according to the travellingtabby website. Todays 142 cases compared to 232 last Monday.
https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/
Indeed they are. The figures you quote regularly rise by the time they end up in my numbers. On the face of it they are decent.

25 minutes ago, mizfit said:

My favourite thing today has been watching people moan about not being able to buy a pint move onto moaning about not getting into a pub.

Mine has been getting to go to the gym and seeing lots of photos of people delighted to get their small businesses open with staff back to work, but each to their own 🤨

Was quite nice driving back from the shop after work and seeing a couple of the beer gardens open.

Will be visiting my local on Thursday on my day off for a couple.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The vacc#scenes are absolutely leathering the Rona.

And forum favourite Deepti Gurdasani with a prediction that has aged atrociously:

When was that recorded?  The ticker tape across the bottom mentioned 26m first doses and 2m second so must have been a while ago.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

When was that recorded?  The ticker tape across the bottom mentioned 26m first doses and 2m second so must have been a while ago.

The tweet is from the 20th of March. Massive L for Dr Deepti. 

The case numbers in England seemed to hit a bit of a level last week, marginally up overall possibly, but also taking into account the schools going back and the numbers of daily testing increasing massively. That we're seeing barely noticeable differences despite huge increases in testing is utterly fantastic. 

PCR positivity in England is down at 0.8% as well. 

14 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The tweet is from the 20th of March. Massive L for Dr Deepti. 

The case numbers in England seemed to hit a bit of a level last week, marginally up overall possibly, but also taking into account the schools going back and the numbers of daily testing increasing massively. That we're seeing barely noticeable differences despite huge increases in testing is utterly fantastic. 

PCR positivity in England is down at 0.8% as well. 

Deepti needs her fans to create a wiki entry for her.  That’ll fix her credibility issue.