Coronavirus (COVID-19)

When will these c**ts get their heads bog-washed down the nearest lavvy FFS.

An interesting read with a good explanation of the data.

Then you look at the first few replies and somebody is crying about still being concerned and another shouting about efficacy of the immune system.

There's no getting through to some people.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Staggering that Germany is making the UK look good in terms of common sense. 

When you remember that Germany is a centre of homeopathic medicine, it kinda isn't. Every country has its own irrationalities and for all the much better infrastructure (ICU beds etc.), Germany is full of weirdo health ideas.

The federal system for decision-making and restrictions there makes the UK's four nations approach look enlightened by comparison as well. 

Edited by vikingTON

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

When you remember that Germany is a centre of homeopathic medicine, it kinda isn't. Every country has its own irrationalities and for all the much better infrastructure (ICU beds etc.), Germany is full of weirdo health ideas.

The federal system for decision-making and restrictions there makes the UK's four nations approach look enlightened by comparison as well. 

Ach yeh i get what you mean, just overall its absolutely mental that they cant see that because we genetically sequence every positive or something that naturally we identify more variants, however they’ve not even remotely taken that approach. Granted they have had fewer deaths than the UK but theres are still piling up whilst its slowed over here. 
I was quite taken aback that a country with a leader as intelligent as Merkel would take this kind of approach both in terms of the AZ and the UK ban when the scientific logic isnt there. Are they coming up for an election the same as France? It seems both like a bit of posturing in the approach to elections. 

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

Germany along with Holland are the 2 countries with the most Qanon conspiracy nuts in europe

Jabs in Englerland now down to vaccinating the 32 to 33 year olds, are we still plodding through the 40 somethings and working through those 2nd jags?

No. Scotland has vaccinated 73% of 40-49 year olds as of Friday at 9am, versus England at about 27% on Monday at 9am. England’s figure will be much higher to be fair as they only release this data weekly, but I doubt there’s too much in it either way.

The ‘we are now accepting bookings...’ stuff is essentially PR management. I’m younger than that age and have an appointment, which I wouldn’t have in England at this stage. There are health boards in Scotland taking walk-ins for anyone over 30 who hasn’t been vaccinated yet, as they think they’re done.

One of the most tedious things in the discourse has been the constant whinging about vaccination coverage in this area versus that. Wales are doing better than the other home nations, who are all about much the same in terms of current coverage.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Jabs in Englerland now down to vaccinating the 32 to 33 year olds, are we still plodding through the 40 somethings and working through those 2nd jags?

NHS Grampian are well into the 30s now. Myself and my two sisters have either just had our first jab or have appointments and we range from 30 to 37.

Hard the second jag yesterday and no side effects. In two weeks time, unless Sturgeon and her crew can provide concrete evidence that the vaccinations are not efficient, then all restrictions, within reason, will be ignored.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Home improvement firms must be absolutely coining it in. Been looking at a new kitchen and lead in times for design and fitting are months. Asked the guy at each firm if it was due to not being able to get supply but no it's purely down to massive demand as folk have hee haw else to spend their cash on.

You are lucky it is only months Have got a builder booked to do a major job for me It will be well in to next year before he makes a appearance The price you pay to get someone that you can trust to do the job right

A lot of this is down to the age (and vulnerability) profiles of the areas too. The cities will generally be younger - particularly Glasgow and Dundee with the double dunt of also having shite life expectancy.

6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m going to a wedding in a few weeks, and last night was told that one of my in-laws had a meltdown during the week claiming that he’s not going due to the risk of Covid and actually going as far as angrily ranting that we shouldn’t be allowed to have weddings at the moment due to the risk. He’s healthy, mid 20s and has had first dose of the vaccine.

Not my family so held back from utterly losing the plot and having a seething heads gone at someone being such a moronic wet wipe, but genuinely furious at it. I have slight sympathy for these people who’ve been brainwashed by governments and media over the last 15 months that regardless of how healthy and young you are you’ll die if you leave the house, but any idiot should know by now that the risk is absolutely minute.

My flatmate was telling me that one of the previous tenants left because she threw a massive fit at him for going on a socially distanced date and "threatening her life".

This was in February of this year.