Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

If you want proof that people in Glasgow have been breaking the covid regulations more than elsewhere in Scotland, it's here: https://www.scotland.police.uk/about-us/covid-19-police-scotland-response/enforcement-and-response-data/

With 11% of the Scottish population, Glasgow has had 21% of incidents of people being Asked/Informed about covid regulations, 21% of incidents or people being warned/instructed, 16% of incidents of people being removed from places or premises, 31% of Fixed Penalty Notices and 19% of arrests.

None of this was meant to be an attempt to 'rip into' anyone. There are obvious reasons why Glasgow has fared worse than other places and it's not unique at all in seeing significant numbers ignoring the regulations.

Its also the biggest and most populated city so it’s quite understandable that it would have the biggest figures, its highly unlikely that you’d see people phoning the police for a covid breach in say Mull. Population density and the nature of how people live in Glasgow (more flats/tenements and closer together houses) puts those numbers into a better perspective. 

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its also the biggest and most populated city so it’s quite understandable that it would have the biggest figures, its highly unlikely that you’d see people phoning the police for a covid breach in say Mull. Population density and the nature of how people live in Glasgow (more flats/tenements and closer together houses) puts those numbers into a better perspective. 

It is the biggest place but it's about proportionality. With 11% of the population, you'd expect 11% of covid breaches *which would be the most of any town/city) but you're seeing significantly higher figures than that. Totally accept your point about it being easier to catch people out in cities but I'm specifically responding to oaksoft's quest for proof so unless someone can prove that you're significantly more likely to get caught for breaking regulations in Glasgow than other places, that is proof.

STV news suggesting Glasgow will be left in L3 and then next Tuesday NS will confirm the next level reduction from 7 June with Glasgow simply going to L2 as everyone else in the mainland goes to L1 and the islands L0.

Surely not, that would be ridiculous.

Got my first COVID jab (Pfizer) today. After a piss-poor start, the French seem to be cranking things up. 2nd dose on July 7th. If Scottish/French travel could be open by August that’d be perfect.

21 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

It is the biggest place but it's about proportionality. With 11% of the population, you'd expect 11% of covid breaches *which would be the most of any town/city) but you're seeing significantly higher figures than that. Totally accept your point about it being easier to catch people out in cities but I'm specifically responding to oaksoft's quest for proof so unless someone can prove that you're significantly more likely to get caught for breaking regulations in Glasgow than other places, that is proof.

I mean yes you are significantly more likely to get caught for breaking the covid rules, say two police officers get called to a house party in say Shawlands with 20 people, they warn the occupants and their guests to end the evening, thats one incident with 20 people warned. Say they get a call to re-attend and issue tickets to 15 people who refused to leave and started with the ‘im a law student stuff you c***s’ then that’s a further 15 separate counting towards those figures. So you can see that for one flat party you can generate stats that show 35 people involved in covid breaches as thats the way the data is transferred to the Scottish Government (i know this because a close friend of mine has the task of being one of the people who collate that information). 

21 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

STV news suggesting Glasgow will be left in L3 and then next Tuesday NS will confirm the next level reduction from 7 June with Glasgow simply going to L2 as everyone else in the mainland goes to L1 and the islands L0.

I watched that, I got the impression that was the speculation of the reporter and nothing else.

21 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Hydro is mobbed today as I’m waiting for my first dose. Think tomorrow could be a big jag number.

Got my 2nd at the Pyramids in Bathgate first thing this morning and it was very busy.

I watched that, I got the impression that was the speculation of the reporter and nothing else.
Hopefully. Would make it a mockery if Glasgow was just going to consistently plod along a level behind everywhere else. Finger on the trigger tomorrow to change my holiday weekend overnighter to Perth if Glasgow stays in L3.

Would it be ridiculous? Keeps Glasgow moving forward despite cases being quite clearly out of control. Doesn’t impact the rest of the country, unless they’re similarly hit.

We could just put everyone into Level 1. I’d probably support it myself assuming hospitalisations don’t go up too much in the next week (they will definitely go up in Glasgow, broken link or not). But I’m not sure it’s a ridiculous position to be taking.

Would it be ridiculous? Keeps Glasgow moving forward despite cases being quite clearly out of control. Doesn’t impact the rest of the country, unless they’re similarly hit.

We could just put everyone into Level 1. I’d probably support it myself assuming hospitalisations don’t go up too much in the next week (they will definitely go up in Glasgow, broken link or not). But I’m not sure it’s a ridiculous position to be taking.
Just end all restrictions now.

I see a Thai variant (I assume NS will call this the May 27 variant...) has been identified in the UK.

I wonder how much more transmissible this one will be claimed to be, only to be shown up as pure bollocks a week or so later.

I see a Thai variant (I assume NS will call this the May 27 variant...) has been identified in the UK.
I wonder how much more transmissible this one will be claimed to be, only to be shown up as pure bollocks a week or so later.
Apparently it's the exact same as the Indian variant but when scientists examined it more closely it had a cock and baws.

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

According to Travelling Tabby, the current numbers of deaths per 100k of population are:

UK - 191.2

Scotland - 140.3

As such, the Scottish death rate is 73.4% of the UK death rate.  Given it was marginally higher than the UK average after the 1st wave inn Spring / Summer 20, I would say something substantially different happened from Autumn 20 - Spring 21.

293ce-15981878549725-800.jpg

You dropped this

36 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Had to double check that Sky Sports had LIVE on the corner of the screen, massive crowd at the darts.

Yep no masks or social distancing. No phones in sight, just people having a good time.