Coronavirus (COVID-19)

28 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Been invited for my first dose of the good stuff after following the link wee nippy and the government had been talking about for 18-29 year olds. 14th of June which I had booked off for the Scotland game anyway so very convenient.

I take it that it will still be Pfizer? Or is Moderna being rolled out fully now? 

Will be Pfizer or Moderna, but likely Pfizer as there is much more of it being supplied. Doesn't really matter either way, though.

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Surely the vaccination rates for Glasgow, Renfrewshire etc are a resigning issue for the heads of NHS GGC along with the wasted doses. 

I'm no public sector fan, but no one can educate ignorance or laziness in the general public. Vast majority of no shows will be purely cuntish behaviour.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

There is a bit of pressure building up on Hancock now due to hospital discharges to care homes. 

I'm guessing he won't get away with doing the SNP's "actually it was the size of the care homes not us sending them Covid infections" excuse.

I expect he will copy a lot of Nicola and Jeanne's homework with regards to denying it was anything to do with him. So a report that doesn't provide conclusive proof it had an impact (not sure it can) will be forthcoming and used to bat away criticism. 

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Surely the vaccination rates for Glasgow, Renfrewshire etc are a resigning issue for the heads of NHS GGC along with the wasted doses. 

I don’t think it’s fair to judge areas against each other without some form of weighting for different demographics.  It’s absolutely no surprise the city’s are at the bottom of the lists. Young people live there.

Edited by parsforlife

This week's update of vaccine uptake first dose in each area -
Percentage increase this week in brackets.
The uptake push this week in the Lothian areas, Edinburgh and Ayrshire showing.
Top 3 getting close now to completing their first dose uptake. Moray has slowed right down now to focus on 2nd dose, same goes for Dumfries and Galloway plus the Highlands.
1/ Shetland Islands  90.4%  (0.2%)
2/ Western Isles  90%  (0.7%)
3/ Moray 87.9%  (0.8%)
4/ Orkney Islands  83.8%  (0.7%)
5/ Clackmannanshire 80.4% (0.8%)
6/ East Dunbartonshire  79.9%  (3%)
7/ Aberdeenshire 79.8% (3.2%)
8/ East Renfrewshire 78.7%  (2.8%)
9/ Borders 78.6%  (2.5%)
10/ Argyll and Bute 77.8%  (2.3%)
11/ Angus 77.2% (2.9%)
12/ Perth and Kinross 76.9% (2.5%)
13/ Dumfries and Galloway 76.8% (1.5%)
14/ Falkirk 76.6% (2.1%)
15/ South Ayrshire 76.4% (4..9%)
16/ North Ayrshire 76.3% (3.4%)
17/ South Lanarkshire 75.7% (2%)
18/ Inverclyde 74.7% (2.8%)
18/ West Lothian 74.7% (3.5%)
20/  East Lothian  74.5% (3.3%)
21/ Stirling 74.3% (+3.2%)
22/ West Dunbartonshire 73.9% (2.5%)
23/ Highland 73.1% (1.9%)
24/ Fife 73% (0.1%)
25/ Midlothian 72.8% (3.5%)
26/ East Ayrshire 72.7% (2.6%)
27/ Renfrewshire 72.5% (2.2%)
28/ North Lanarkshire 72.4% (2.8%)
29/ Dundee 66.7% (3%)
30/ Aberdeen City 63.8% (2.6%)
31/ Glasgow City 60.8% (0.9%)
32/ City of Edinburgh 58.8% (3.7%)
Definitely a big push in Edinburgh, was told that the Highland Centre had went up to 3000 a day from yesterday when in getting my first dose of Pfizer goodness.

10 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I'm no public sector fan, but no one can educate ignorance or laziness in the general public. Vast majority of no shows will be purely cuntish behaviour.

Theres an element of blame, but where was the contingency to get those wasted doses fired into a reserve list or whatever? In the days of social media that should be easy, already been discussed at length here several ways it could be done. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Theres an element of blame, but where was the contingency to get those wasted doses fired into a reserve list or whatever? In the days of social media that should be easy, already been discussed at length here several ways it could be done. 

Any waste of what is probably the most valuable commodity in the world at the moment is a disgrace.  Agree there should have been a plan to mitigate as it was easily foreseeable.

23 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I don’t think it’s fair to judge areas against each other without some form of weighting for different demographics.  It’s absolutely no surprise the city’s are at the bottom of the lists. Young people live there.

Aye and old people die earlier. 

50 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Why are you so desperate to pin this entirely on the public when it’s clear that the blue letter method is pish for vaccinating a younger population?

I’m guessing for the same reason you refer to any council area with rising rates as misbehaving in your wee updates. Sooking up all the government pish.

Graph in this tweet (couple of days old) shows each council area against the median age

It's a bit cramped, but Glasgow doing ok by that measure, it's above the line. Edinburgh is pretty much on the line. South Ayrshire is, despite its pretty high rate, not doing as well on that measure as the rest of Scotland. Areas in London in particular look pretty poor.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Radio news indulging Anthony Costello - another of these self-promoting walkers from independent SAGE.

I wish they'd stop indulging these scaremongerers.

His track record throughout the pandemic is utter dog shite. A joke figure with zero credibility.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Just got the famous blue envelope through the door (20s). It's at the Central Mosque in Glasgow. Anyone know which vaccine they provide there? I don’t want that AZ muck.

I got Pfizer there. I think that was all they were using. My blue letter just came through today, despite the fact I was vaccinated nearly 2 weeks ago. 

Graph in this tweet (couple of days old) shows each council area against the median age

It's a bit cramped, but Glasgow doing ok by that measure, it's above the line. Edinburgh is pretty much on the line. South Ayrshire is, despite its pretty high rate, not doing as well on that measure as the rest of Scotland. Areas in London in particular look pretty poor.
South Ayrshire had a reasonably well publicised issue with letters. A lot of folk were not lettered and had to arrange their own appointments via the helpline but it was pretty poorly communicated.

Just saw on TV both clubs got 6k tickets for the CLF tonight. An estimated 24k have travelled from both clubs yet amazingly Chelsea fell well short of being able to sell their 6k allocation and returned 800 which can't be resold !!!

I assume the same issues will befall the Euros with it near impossible for Czechs and Croats to get to Scotland.
I saw on Twitter that there was an issue with UEFA cancelling/not accepting tickets that didn't tie in with their charter flights. Not sure if that got resolved or if I just misread it.

Just got the famous blue envelope through the door (20s). It's at the Central Mosque in Glasgow. Anyone know which vaccine they provide there? I don’t want that AZ muck.
Think both but the under 40s are being given the Pfizer. I'm there this Wednesday for mines.

I’ve just queued for 2 hours at the Victoria for the walk-up vaccination.  Massive queues behind me as well, showing there really is a demand, and I’m glad this is being rolled out further in GG+C

Helped that it was a lovely day, although i suspect if it wasn’t, the queue might have ben shorter.  I got there at 10.30, they started at 11, and i was done by 12.30.  Apparently there were people queuing from 8.30 on.