Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Went to Ikea this morning for the first time in 18 months. Now, shopping at Ikea is a nightmare at the best of times, but today was beyond parody. 
Straight away we were stopped at the red traffic light system at the door, because 3 people went in in front of us. If the red light wasn't enough, you had a girl there specifically to shout 'STOP' when the light goes on. 
There must have been a thousand hand sanitising stations in the damn place, despite the fact that it's now proven that the virus barely transmits on hard surfaces. All staff at kitchen departments are hidden away behind hard plastic screens, with masks on, so you can't hear them and they can't hear you. Every little show area has massive signs saying 'ONLY 1 PERSON/FAMILY UNIT ALLOWED IN HERE', and hilariously, they've taken away the wee pencils that you could use/steal. 
To top it all, and something that boiled ma piss, was the fact that to get a CUP OF FUCKING COFFEE, you had to reserve online for a time slot in the restaurant. We turned up at the entrance not knowing this, and were promptly given the bum's rush by the Ikea gauleiterin because we hadn't booked a slot. There were a hundred free tables, but she wanted us to stand there, reserve a table with my phone, fill in the track & trace, and then be shown to a table.....for a coffee. 
Away and f**k. 
When will this insanity stop ? Will places like Ikea continue for this with years, all because of 'just in case' ? Will people continue to put up with this, as if it's normal ?

That's my experience of most cafe / pub venues since reopening. Utterly soul destroying.

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Detournement said:
Who is taking all these tests?
I don't see the mobile testing units any more and haven't heard about anyone isolating for ages.

It's rife in South Ayrshire. 5 now from work isolating due to close contact. Some schools, some linked to the big outbreak linked to the Buf pub in Prestwick (they have voluntarily closed amid rumours the management continued to work after testing positive leading to a staff outbreak which has now snowballed into anyone who has been there over a 9 day period being asked to get tested). That will be literally hundreds of people.

Owner of The Buf is an incredibly dodgy charlatan who would do anything for an extra quid in his pocket, so this is the least surprising thing ever.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
30 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:
 To top it all, and something that boiled ma piss, was the fact that to get a CUP OF FUCKING COFFEE, you had to reserve online for a time slot in the restaurant. We turned up at the entrance not knowing this, and were promptly given the bum's rush by the Ikea gauleiterin because we hadn't booked a slot. There were a hundred free tables, but she wanted us to stand there, reserve a table with my phone, fill in the track & trace, and then be shown to a table.....for a coffee. 
Away and f**k. 
When will this insanity stop ? Will places like Ikea continue for this with years, all because of 'just in case' ? Will people continue to put up with this, as if it's normal ?

That's my experience of most cafe / pub venues since reopening. Utterly soul destroying.

I was in a social club over the weekend for a few games of snooker and was told not to put a time down when signing in, so you could feign ignorance and just make up a time when you got there and stay longer than the 2 hour slot pish, if the plod were to check in.

Good guys imo.

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Owner of The Buf is an incredibly dodgy charlatan who would do anything for an extra quid in his pocket, so this is the least surprising thing ever

Aye the place has been awfy busy since it reopened. It also voluntarily closed the last time for the same thing. 

The owner has owned a few places. Balgarth, Treehouse and The Bellrock to name 3. 

41 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Went to Ikea this morning for the first time in 18 months. Now, shopping at Ikea is a nightmare at the best of times, but today was beyond parody. 

Straight away we were stopped at the red traffic light system at the door, because 3 people went in in front of us. If the red light wasn't enough, you had a girl there specifically to shout 'STOP' when the light goes on. 

There must have been a thousand hand sanitising stations in the damn place, despite the fact that it's now proven that the virus barely transmits on hard surfaces. All staff at kitchen departments are hidden away behind hard plastic screens, with masks on, so you can't hear them and they can't hear you. Every little show area has massive signs saying 'ONLY 1 PERSON/FAMILY UNIT ALLOWED IN HERE', and hilariously, they've taken away the wee pencils that you could use/steal. 

Away and f**k. 

It’s utter lunacy, with practically no benefit in stopping the transmission of virus and this corporate virtue- signalling nonsense needs to stop. Like said by others, I have generally found the “going to a cafe” experience to be soul destroying at best and a late springtime extension to the “wait outside the bakers and shout through a plastic window to an elderly assistant who can’t understand your order due to mask wearing, howling winds and road traffic” fun we had up until a few weeks ago.

This downloading apps and ordering practically everything remotely and without any human engagement might be ok for some weird folk but not for me. Whenever I ask the assistant telling me to download their app, if I can simply just him him/ her my coffee order, you’re generally greeted with a shocked look of disgust and horror!

2 hours ago, ulysses said:

Second dose of Pfizer scheduled for 30th of June - three days before my wedding. Side effects of the bold P are said to be pretty heavy. Hope they’re up and away within 48 hours.

Probably wise to change your appointment in that case.  I was supposed to be getting my second jag this Saturday but I am playing golf (more important than a wedding I appreciate) so changed it online to an available slot yesterday - done, and feel completely fine (which definitely wasnt the case after the first dose) 

Guest Bob Mahelp
40 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Ikea now do click and collect. f**k actually going in!

The missus needs a morning out from time to time. 

Are those in charge now getting worked up over variants of variants?

Stop this fucking planet. I'm getting off.
WHO "There are no vaccine beating variants"

Tory no mark Grant Shapps "There is a sort of a variant of a varient type thingy going about, and we JUST DONT KNOW if it beats the vaccines"

Aye nae bother Grant.

9 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Are those in charge now getting worked up over variants of variants?

Stop this fucking planet. I'm getting off.

I don't see why we need to worry about variants in other countries- I presume that's the point of the quarantine system.