Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Lassie in my work was in Rome last week, she arrived back home Friday, herself and her man felt unwell and both had a fever when they got home, she said she saw the news the next day about the outbreak in Northern Italy and thought she better call the helpline only to be told that no tests were needed as she was in a no risk area at that time, she was in the office on Monday the nutter, I would have milked that and got time aff work. I can see her desk from where I sit and clocked at least 8 people asking why she's in the office..... "ermm, sorry to come up and say this, but erm, should you be in the office" while standing at a safe distance :lol:, she said she feels totally fine now but you can tell everyone in the office is kinda avoiding her :lol:.

Edited by M0rtonfc

Best kill her and burn the body to be on the safe side

Lassie in my work was in Rome last week, she arrived back home Friday, herself and her man felt unwell and both had a fever when they got home, she said she saw the news the next day about the outbreak in Northern Italy and thought she better call the helpline only to be told that no tests were needed as she was in a no risk area at that time, she was in the office on Monday the nutter, I would have milked that and got time aff work. I can see her desk from where I sit and clocked at least 8 people asking why she's in the office..... "ermm, sorry to come up and say this, but erm, should you be in the office" while standing at a safe distance [emoji38], she said she feels totally fine now but you can tell everyone in the office is kinda avoiding her [emoji38].

11 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Best kill her and burn the body to be on the safe side

Coming from a man who lives in Greenock, believe it or not my immune system is good so I should be awrite if she is humming of Corona.

EDIT TO ADD - Lets not rule out the burning as she's a pain in the arse.

Edited by M0rtonfc

1 hour ago, M0rtonfc said:

Lassie in my work was in Rome last week, she arrived back home Friday, herself and her man felt unwell and both had a fever when they got home, she said she saw the news the next day about the outbreak in Northern Italy and thought she better call the helpline only to be told that no tests were needed as she was in a no risk area at that time, she was in the office on Monday the nutter, I would have milked that and got time aff work. I can see her desk from where I sit and clocked at least 8 people asking why she's in the office..... "ermm, sorry to come up and say this, but erm, should you be in the office" while standing at a safe distance :lol:, she said she feels totally fine now but you can tell everyone in the office is kinda avoiding her :lol:.

Our work are dealing with it in shambolic fashion.  We sent an engineer to work in Italy last week, basically right on the border with Slovenia so it's not an "infected area", nor has he transited through any infected area. He came into the office and said he felt like he had a cold, so phoned his doctor who told him to go home and stay there for 2 weeks. 

Another guy was on holiday with his wife in Venice last week, one of the worst infected areas in Italy. He came into the office and told us that his wife was showing symptoms and she'd been told to stay home for 14 days. When it was pointed out to him that if she is infected then it's almost certain that he is, he just shrugged his shoulders. He was sent home by the H&S guy, only to return the next day with a note from his doctor saying he was clear to work. I'm certain he's told a lie to his doctor so that he doesn't miss any overtime, and I will burn him alive if it turns out he is actually infected. 

I get that the work don't want to lose money or shut down, but I feel they've kind of left this up to the employee to decide whether they're fit to work or not, in instances like these they should be taking the decision for everyones interest.

47 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I get that the work don't want to lose money or shut down, but I feel they've kind of left this up to the employee to decide whether they're fit to work or not, in instances like these they should be taking the decision for everyones interest.

This^^^

The lassie I'm talking about, yeah sure she was in Rome which was "low risk" but she did come back with a fever and came into work after someone over the phone said she was fine and no testing was required, her boss took that as golden even though you can tell people in the office are not too pleased, she can easily work from home, why not just tell her to do that for a week or two?. My missus' work are completely different, her work sent a few lads home Monday morning for 2 weeks when they caught wind that they were in Rome for the rugby, playing it well safe, and rightly so.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Our work are dealing with it in shambolic fashion.  We sent an engineer to work in Italy last week, basically right on the border with Slovenia so it's not an "infected area", nor has he transited through any infected area. He came into the office and said he felt like he had a cold, so phoned his doctor who told him to go home and stay there for 2 weeks. 

Good guy

Another guy was on holiday with his wife in Venice last week, one of the worst infected areas in Italy. He came into the office and told us that his wife was showing symptoms and she'd been told to stay home for 14 days. When it was pointed out to him that if she is infected then it's almost certain that he is, he just shrugged his shoulders. He was sent home by the H&S guy, only to return the next day with a note from his doctor saying he was clear to work. I'm certain he's told a lie to his doctor so that he doesn't miss any overtime, and I will burn him alive if it turns out he is actually infected. 

w**k

Thailand just made a new law.  Big fine or imprisonment if you don't disclose your full travel history

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1866324/dont-hide-travel-history-govt  

Just now, MixuFixit said:

There's been a big coronavirus outbreak in Italy!

Me: nice I should go and see all the churches and museums and nobody else will be there plus 2 weeks off work when I return.

There's been a big outbreak in Dundee!

Me: Dundee you say? Ah well.

You'll have all the space to wander the V&A, and, eh...

Clarks 24hr bakery?

NHS staff have now been asked to shave their beards to allow face masks to fit more securely.

Table Update  TOP 10! https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Country                            Cases       New      Dead      New      Recovered   Serious

China 78,514 +450 2,747 +32 32,951 8,346
S. Korea 1,766 +505 13 +1 24 18
Diamond Princess 705   4   10 36
Italy 528 +58 14 +2 3 35
Iran 245 +106 26 +7 25  
Japan 207 +35 4 +1 32 13
Singapore 93       62 7
Hong Kong 92 +3 2   18 6
USA 60       6  
Kuwait 43 +17        
Thailand 40       22 2

Thailand just made a new law.  Big fine or imprisonment if you don't disclose your full travel history
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1866324/dont-hide-travel-history-govt  

Several foreigners here had their employment visas cancelled and deported for breaking self quarantine and one Permanent resident deported today for the same.

Don't know if this has been posted but this is the best map, mean graphics and colours. Looks like something out of an Arnie Armageddon 80's film

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR0MQadxR0PLuqkCTuU8XZU8Xs4iiA5i-ZPu0ntrHVL0A_Q9I4Lb6MdAnJU#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6  

Edited by dirty dingus

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Table Update  TOP 10! https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Country                            Cases       New      Dead      New      Recovered   Serious

China 78,514 +450 2,747 +32 32,951 8,346
S. Korea 1,766 +505 13 +1 24 18
Diamond Princess 705   4   10 36
Italy 528 +58 14 +2 3 35
Iran 245 +106 26 +7 25  
Japan 207 +35 4 +1 32 13
Singapore 93       62 7
Hong Kong 92 +3 2   18 6
USA 60       6  
Kuwait 43 +17        
Thailand 40       22 2

Interesting.  Numbers are a bit scattered/small but there is a trend of sorts for about 3% dying and around 10-15% (ballpark) falling seriously ill.  Based on that some of those countries dead/serious will start to build.  Iran - that death rate is 3 times other countries!

46 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Interesting.  Numbers are a bit scattered/small but there is a trend of sorts for about 3% dying and around 10-15% (ballpark) falling seriously ill.  Based on that some of those countries dead/serious will start to build.  Iran - that death rate is 3 times other countries!

I don't think we really have much of a clue what the death rate is. If mild cases aren't identified, the death rate will look higher. In China outside of Hubei province, the death rate based on available stats has been fairly low (<1%) in most provinces, but in Hubei it's over 3%. I would guess if the health service is under severe strain, the death rate will be a lot higher than if there are just a few cases.

Edited by bendan

Don't know if this has been posted but this is the best map, mean graphics and colours. Looks like something out of an Arnie Armageddon 80's film

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR0MQadxR0PLuqkCTuU8XZU8Xs4iiA5i-ZPu0ntrHVL0A_Q9I4Lb6MdAnJU#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6  

IMG_3543.jpg

Looks like Carlisle is taking the hit for the UK.

2 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

The South Korean numbers are the ones to watch as they are going further on testing people who they think might have been infected than the other countries are, so are likely to pick up more of the mild cases that won't prompt people to see a doctor. The cases numbers in China and especially Iran are probably significantly undereported.