Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Shipa said:

If only we could have that at Hampden/Glasgow Green.

Shhh! Don't tell Jason! You'll get a row!

Could see an invasion of Glasgow for the Croatia game if we get a miracle tomorrow night.

I would tug myself into a coma if the semi-finals and final got moved to Budapest. UK Government will probably weasel out of it, but just yet another reason why the borders will soon be open.

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I would tug myself into a coma if the semi-finals and final got moved to Budapest. UK Government will probably weasel out of it, but just yet another reason why the borders will soon be open.

Wouldn’t get your hopes up about that.  They can let in a few thousand UEFA delegates without bothering about us, especially if England make the semis (god forbid)

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Wouldn’t get your hopes up about that.  They can let in a few thousand UEFA delegates without bothering about us, especially if England make the semis (god forbid)

The reaction to the G7 thing has been interesting. The timing of it, coupled with the pushing back of "freedom day" certainly seems to have stirred a bit of additional resentment.

This would just add to that.

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I cant see them bringing it back to the 5th of July. Anyway, regardless we’re stuck up here with the Lovejoy party ruling us without question.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I cant see them bringing it back to the 5th of July. Anyway, regardless we’re stuck up here with the Lovejoy party ruling us without question.

I can tbh, based solely on the get out being mentioned alongside the initial extension. It allows for the initially suggested 2 week delay to suddenly feel like a bonus.

Sturgeon & co are all over the place, however  and any large scale easing to put pressure on them would be most welcome.

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The tories are desperate to open the economy.  Lots of MPs in the debate yesterday were talking about “one last chance” to have restrictions.  The fact the models this delay was based on have proved to be bogus means Johnson will be under a lot of pressure to bin restrictions.  His donors are losing millions.

if he folds the SG are fucked.

ETA he’ll present it as a gift because they had the foresight to have the two week breakpoint.

Edited by Left Back

Things you love to see. Full capacity, no mask, vaccine status or negative test. Well in the Giants 
52E6F941-A9E4-4FCB-BE4A-1B51CA6826CB.thumb.jpeg.f35a4f4433e18628cf7f22b8feadbb34.jpeg

Sadly for everyone involved you have to watch the Giants once you are in the open stadium.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Every sane person is desperate for the economy to be opened.

I agree.  I’m desperate for all restrictions to end.  I don’t get to make the decision though.  The UK government do which is why I specified them.  The sooner they pull the plug (which forces SGs hand) the better.

19 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Mark Harper the only reasonable voice on Question Time.  What is the world coming to?

That fat w**k Blackford coming out with the usual nauseating drivel. The SNP continuing to play up border closures, who ever thought you would see the day.

32 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Things you love to see. Full capacity, no mask, vaccine status or negative test. Well in the Giants 

52E6F941-A9E4-4FCB-BE4A-1B51CA6826CB.jpeg

@Detournement will be along to tell you that this is part of a conspiracy to force a cashless society.

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

That fat w**k Blackford coming out with the usual nauseating drivel. The SNP continuing to play up border closures, who ever thought you would see the day.

That was in response to the question about whether the 4 week delay was justified.  As usual he trotted out rubbish that was completely irrelevant to the question at hand.

Harper brought out the sane view about it being a balance.  He did miss a trick by not pointing out that these restrictions are causing other deaths than covid but Blackford was entirely predictable.