Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I also note that she made no apology for doing things that the government "believe" makes a difference such as mandatory masks. "Believe". That word's there because there's no actual evidence that they make a single difference. 

I’ve been critical of the slow ScotGov crawl back to normality but not seeing a lot wrong with this update tbh 

Can only speak personally but life genuinely feels almost back to normal for me anyway 

As long as everything else is lifted by August 9th as intended I’ll be content 

Nightclubs can open but only until midnight? [emoji23]

Folk who go to a nightclub before midnight must be the same folk who go to the football before half 2:45.

In other words, OFTW.

4 minutes ago, smpar said:

I’d presume not if distancing is still a rule. Everywhere has a 1 meter rule now, so that nah increase the capacity for some but for many there’ll be no change.

No standing at the bar and no randomly just joining another table to speak to your pals as you’re not part of that group. Boozer culture being completely eradicated here.

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

I’ve been critical of the slow ScotGov crawl back to normality but not seeing a lot wrong with this update tbh 

Can only speak personally but life genuinely feels almost back to normal for me anyway 

As long as everything else is lifted by August 9th as intended I’ll be content 

She will lose my vote if the 9th of August gets delayed. 

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Yes- because we just don’t know that hospitals wouldn’t be overwhelmed if pubs were allowed to open until 1am

Don't you know covid is similar to mogwais.

Edited by GNU_Linux

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Either 'we have to wear masks' or we don't get 'bigger crowds and pubs opening more or less as normal'. That's the logical fallacy that you are making here because those two things are not mutually exclusive at all. 

That in no way suggests I think it’s an either/or decision. 

It means I think the Scottish Government sees it as an either/or decision, and that’s something I’m prepared to accept in the absence of being able to do anything about it. 

10 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

This attitude has been a clear problem throughout (and to be clear, given your last sentence I'm not suggesting this is you)

For example, people who's life involves working from home, hosting dinner parties at weekends, getting their Ocado delivered, and occasionally popping out to nice restaurants and wine bars have never had it better.

As shown by the sports day tears, people are quite happy to accept indefinite restrictions being placed on what other people can do, so long as they aren't impacted.

Edited by Todd_is_God

The only thing I'm interested in is how many fans we get to have in the stadium next week and can I get a pint in a pub beforehand.

image.png.4e4b01162fb4a7be5491841526376980.png

The last sentence gave me slight hope except that |I remembered that it means we have to rely on Aberdeen council and they are bigger fuckwits than the Scottish government.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm normally exceptionally optimistic and nothing much gets me down but I have to say today's announcement has absolutely left me completely deflated.

I'm so deflated I'm even mulling over the idea about selling up and moving to Borisland.

That's how bad I feel right now.

Ach I need to get a coffee and a walk to clear my head.

Last time she did an update so negative the fall out was so bad she had to walk it back a few days later.

Once they’ve read the room I honestly think they’ll realise they’ve fucked it and have no option to go full reopening on the 9th August. 

Stopping the need for children to self isolate is surely a bit daft, it's clear to see that schools are a breeding ground and sending potentially positive kids home when they aren't jagged up seems a bit strange.

Just now, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Do what you fucking want but don't boast about some minor rule breach like you're a 16 year old VL bragging to their friend about having a Smirnoff Ice

I'm not sure people are bragging about it, more that they are highlighting what is happening in reality which shows how ludicrous it is to impose these arbitrary precautions further still.

Just now, Suspect Device said:

The only thing I'm interested in is how many fans we get to have in the stadium next week and can I get a pint in a pub beforehand.

image.png.4e4b01162fb4a7be5491841526376980.png

The last sentence gave me slight hope except that |I remembered that it means we have to rely on Aberdeen council and they are bigger fuckwits than the Scottish government.

Edinburgh Council are far worse. They are more interested in building student apartments in every empty building possible.