Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I like the syringe idea, hate these wee sachets. 

I’m just surprised no-one (yet), has said something like ‘should have suited a Paisley junkie’. I’ll give it time. In all seriousness though, the conversations were perfectly amicable. For example, the bloke coming to unlock the ‘covid touchpoint’ doors , jokingly offered to scrub down the balcony itself with a bucket & mop, just about the only thing hotel management hadn’t told him to do that day.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I think these You Gove attitude polls might be a bit self selecting. They offer some raffle prize if you do enough of them so I did a few, but the questions got more and more intrusive and psychological so I binned it. You probably have to be of a particular mindset to carry on with them.

^^^ Big party found...

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's going to be interesting to see how they justify no masks being needed at a nightclub but still a legal requirement to wear one the next day to get a pint of milk.

You honestly have to laugh at this nonsense.

The paucity of intelligence amongst our leaders and the general population is frightening. I'd love to know what is behind it.

Having thousands upon thousands at mass gatherings now and packed nightclubs, bars and restaurants, but thinking a bit of cloth over your gub, plastic screens and one-way systems will keep a lid on an endemic, airborne virus. heh.png

I should be in charge of UK public health. Might stick a wee application in for Leitch's position.

Summary

1,381 new cases of COVID-19 reported

30,788 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

4.9% of these were positive

11 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

55 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

381 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

4,018,503 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,268,887 have received their second dose

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Having thousands upon thousands at mass gatherings now and packed nightclubs, bars and restaurants, but thinking a bit of cloth over your gub, plastic screens and one-way systems will keep a lid on an endemic, airborne virus. heh.png

I should be in charge of UK public health. Might stick a wee application in for Leitch's position.

Was in a pub a couple of weeks back that had plastic screens up at the bar.  Alternating about a metre of screen then a metre of no screen.  Complete waste of time.

On a positive not they didn't give a toss about you standing at the bar having your pint.

53 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

She came back with a bowl of vinegar on a plate, and a large plastic syringe with which to syringe up vinegar from the bowl, and scoosh onto your fish

Better than her coming over to your table with a 5 litre bottle and doing it for you like they do with the daft stair spindle pepper grinders in Italian restaurants.

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Better than her coming over to your table with a 5 litre bottle and doing it for you like they do with the daft stair spindle pepper grinders in Italian restaurants.

Good point, well made. Nice fish & chips we had though. Syringe vinegar is the way forward. 😀

Daily Cases Update:  Day 30 of dropping cases and as predicted same as yesterday very small 0.63% down to 142.3 cases per 100K.  That would now place us 8th in Europe.  Expect similar tomorrow.  Dundee manages 30 days of drop in a row.  Kind of evident the circle has come around when Lanarkshire looks like cementing itself back at the top much like all of last Autumn.

Better news in Jags where 1st Vaccines rose from  2,114 to 2,185   Still circa 360,000 to go.  2nd vaccines also up from  18,291 to 19,353

Total Cases Scotland 7 days from 27th July to 2nd August  were 7,828 now 7,779 down 0.63%.  Positivity was 5.6%  now 5.6%.   Cases per 100k were 143.2 now 142.3

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  275.0 to 270.5 down 1.64%, England  288.1 to 283.7 down 1.53%, Wales 145.5 to 141.6 down 2.68%, Northern Ireland  467.1 to 455.1 down 2.57%

So that's the UK down for 12 days in a row.  Scotland 30 days, Wales 14 days, England 12 days and Northern Ireland 6 days

In Europe for travellers  Spain is top at 319.8, France 234.4, Greece 182.0, Ireland 176.9, Portugal 166.9, These are the only main countries over 120 cases per 100K

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Inverclyde  219.3 to 214.1 

South Lanarkshire  214.5 to 207.0 

North Lanarkshire   195.8 to 201.7 

West Dunbartonshire  201.5 to 193.6 

West Lothian  189.9 to 182.2

North Ayrshire  168.3 to 181.0 Large rise of 7.55%

Midlothian 162.1  to 161.0 

Glasgow City   151.5 to 152.8

Fife  153.7 to 147.8 

Dumfries & Galloway    135.5 to 145.0  Up 7%

East Lothian  147.4 to 143.7

Dundee City 145.8 to 142.5  30th day in a row of dropping. 

East Dunbartonshire   144.4 to 140.7

Clackmannanshire  156.0 to 140.4 Down excellent 10%

City Of Edinburgh    138.4 to 137.8 

Aberdeen City   134.0 to 134.5

South Ayrshire 135.5 to 133.8

Renfrewshire   131.0 to 131.6

Stirling  142.4 to 126.5  Down huge 11.17%

East Renfrewshire   123.9 to 124.9  

East Ayrshire   114.3 to 116.0

Scottish  Borders   101.5 to 109.3 

Falkirk  106.5 to 108.4

Angus   101.0 to 101.9

Aberdeenshire    88.2 to 93.9  

Highlands   96.4 to 92.6

Western Isles   139.6 to 90.6  

Argyll & Bute   78.4 to 90.1

Perth & Kinross    94.1 to 86.9

Moray  79.4 to 79.4

Shetland Islands   74.3 to 61.2

Orkney Islands 8.9 to 4.5

Edited by superbigal

5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Was in a pub a couple of weeks back that had plastic screens up at the bar.  Alternating about a metre of screen then a metre of no screen.  Complete waste of time.

On a positive not they didn't give a toss about you standing at the bar having your pint.

There was a report recently saying the plastic screens actually reduce airflow and the recommendation was that they should all be removed.

This is when the SG shouldn’t let the council’s making up the decisions on crowd capacity. 

Edinburgh Council it appears are doing everything they can to not let full capacity at both Easter Road and Tynecastle from next week. 

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

This is when the SG shouldn’t let the council’s making up the decisions on crowd capacity. 

Edinburgh Council it appears are doing everything they can to not let full capacity at both Easter Road and Tynecastle from next week. 

I’m fairness to councils, they likely don’t even know the parameters they are working within to allow capacity or not.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I think these You Gove attitude polls might be a bit self selecting. They offer some raffle prize if you do enough of them so I did a few, but the questions got more and more intrusive and psychological so I binned it. You probably have to be of a particular mindset to carry on with them.

They are the complete opposite of self selecting. 

Yougov select people to question from their database which means they can predict who will give which answers. There are loads of anecdotes on social media of people who gave answers Na***** Zahawi probably wouldn't like and were never asked another question about the pandemic or politics in future calls.

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Good point, well made. Nice fish & chips we had though. Syringe vinegar is the way forward. 😀

12 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

I'm assuming neither  of you have seen the We Want Plates twitter account as this wouldn't even register on a scale of weirdly-presented food.

9 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Like I said, the fucking losers who think nonsense like this makes any sizeable difference when you're going to have thousands mixing anyway, IN THE REAL WORLD, need to be taken out the back and put down.

Celtic & Rangers granted capacity crowds as Aberdeen seek same permission - BBC Sport

if other teams aren't given the same permission it'l be yet another farce in a long line a farces. 

if it's safe enough for 60k to travel from all over the country then it's safe enough for everycunt else

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If it was ‘getting at you’ id have said something really rude and cheeky like I always do. Just think these types of discussions always go one way and people forget that theres some people not enjoying it. 
eta i wasnt even quoting you ffs.

Fair do's and sorry, I just thought with all the red dots (that didn't make any sense) that people were taking offence to my earlier post and I couldn't understand why.

From a personal perspective I worked as a Union Rep long enough to appreciate the pressures that some are put under and I'd never decry anyone for only doing their job.

On 04/08/2021 at 10:21, Honest Saints Fan said:

Anyone had to covid test a 2 year old? Any tips? Our wee one is borderline high temp on the nursery thermometer and if it goes up he will be sent home and unable to go back unless he produces negative covid test. Praying it goes down as its hard enough getting calpol in him 😭

Our 15 month old granddaughter had to get one. No idea how they managed it, so I'm not much use to you.