Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sturgeon back in February, something she's repeated in nearly every Q+A when asked.

Swinney 6 weeks ago.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/scotland-will-reject-covid-vaccine-passport-plan-john-swinney-suggests-gl350qsm8

Should we just sack the cabinet because only Sturgeon speaks for the Scottish Government?  I’m doing well today.  Got rid of the civil service and the cabinet.  The money I’ve saved the taxpayer will pay for covid recovery.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Swinney 6 weeks ago.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/scotland-will-reject-covid-vaccine-passport-plan-john-swinney-suggests-gl350qsm8

Should we just sack the cabinet because only Sturgeon speaks for the Scottish Government?  I’m doing well today.  Got rid of the civil service and the cabinet.  The money I’ve saved the taxpayer will pay for covid recovery.

Swinney has to make a u-turn after just about every time he opens his mouth.

Just now, Left Back said:

You keep deflecting pal.  Everyone can see where you’re coming from.

How am I deflecting? I'm just saying there's zero chance of them forcing proof of vaccine as a requirement for use of public transport and am prepared to put money on it. You disagree, fair enough.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How am I deflecting? I'm just saying there's zero chance of them forcing proof of vaccine as a requirement for use of public transport and am prepared to put money on it. You disagree, fair enough.

No.  I’ve proved it’s a stupid statement to make based on the governments previous communications on this subject.  You’ve made a tit of yourself.  That’s what I don’t disagree about.

ETA if Sturgeon thinks it will be a vote winner there will be vaccine passports for public transport faster than you say it’s a brilliant idea.

Edited by Left Back

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

No.  I’ve proved it’s a stupid statement to make based on the governments previous communications on this subject.  You’ve made a tit of yourself.  That’s what I don’t disagree about.

Well as long as you're not disagreeing with yourself, I'll bid you goodnight! :)

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Fs people said the same thing on here when the idea of vaccine passports was first mooted - that theyd be zero chance of them happening. That aged well

Edited by Thereisalight..

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Fs people said the same thing on here when the idea of vaccine passports was first mooted - that theyd be zero chance of the happening. That aged well

I don't remember that, just people arguing whether it would be fair or not. I've always thought they were a possibility, especially since they've been rolled out across Europe. 

Edited by welshbairn

8 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
15 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
Purely out of interest and please don’t take this as a criticism of teachers, but do we actually have any statistics relating to teacher deaths due to Covid?
The EIS are obviously there to look after their members but it would be interesting to know just how justifiable their concerns are.

Hours after allegedly arriving in Spain on holiday your posting shite on a football forum. Sad doesn't even cover it.

What’s location got to do about raising a sensible question?

I take it you’re a teacher?

So, when Nicola said we have to wait to see what the vaccine gives us in terms of reduction in transmission, does anyone have the numbers to hand regarding that and the delat variant?

She literally said that mattered in terms of a vaccine passport as quoted by Welshbairn, presumably at the time when the vaccine was hindering transmission of the then dominant variant.

Making it up as they go along with a guard of honour of cheerleaders shouting down any dissent.

I can remember a time when certain elements were desperate to politicise Covid so that Sturgeon could go a different way from the Tories.... Look at us now. And still the cheerleaders cheer.

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-58406526

More chaos in Australia as the PM advises its time to leave lockdowns and come out the cave as they ditch zero covid approach.  

Interestingly though states are responsible for their own healthcare etc and Both WA & Queensland aren't up for the new approach.    At least they're finally doing a lot of jabbing and they're also doing over 12s.

I wonder what they think down Yabbie Creek...

A bit of realism from the Aussies.  They were in the envious position last year of being able to close borders and remain relatively infection free last year but, in the absence of the whole world going down an eradication route, zero Covid could only ever be a temporary policy until vaccination was available, especially after the Delta variant appeared.

I know my maw is desperate to go over and see my sister and her 18 month old twins.  Praying for a December reopening of flights so that I can utilise her case space to save on air mail for Xmas presents.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

So, when Nicola said we have to wait to see what the vaccine gives us in terms of reduction in transmission, does anyone have the numbers to hand regarding that and the delat variant?

She literally said that mattered in terms of a vaccine passport as quoted by Welshbairn, presumably at the time when the vaccine was hindering transmission of the then dominant variant.

Making it up as they go along with a guard of honour of cheerleaders shouting down any dissent.

I can remember a time when certain elements were desperate to politicise Covid so that Sturgeon could go a different way from the Tories.... Look at us now. And still the cheerleaders cheer.

The opposition parties in this country are crap, however the first reaction to any questioning of these vaccine passports just results in personal shit being flung at the likes of Sarwar for daring to challenge them.

I’m an SNP voter and I want to know what the f**k they’re playing at.

I’m double vaxed and have had a bit of a sniffle for a few days. First sniffle to speak of in probably 2 years. 
Ive noticed this morning though that I can smell nothing, and I mean nothing. 

No temperature, no cough, nothing else. No change in taste.

Wife is doing a lateral flow because she is due to head to London tomorrow. Think I’ll do one as well. 

What do you reckon though? Do I have the COVID?

3 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I’m double vaxed and have had a bit of a sniffle for a few days. First sniffle to speak of in probably 2 years. 

Wife is doing a lateral flow because she is due to head to London tomorrow. Think I’ll do one as well. 

It depends on how raging your wife will be if you ruin her trip to London. 

6 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Ive noticed this morning though that I can smell nothing, and I mean nothing

Is that a symptom? 

10 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Of the two options for diagnosis - taking a test and asking P&Bers - I for one applaud you taking the unconventional road. 

My thoughts - leprosy 

34 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

The opposition parties in this country are crap, however the first reaction to any questioning of these vaccine passports just results in personal shit being flung at the likes of Sarwar for daring to challenge them.

I’m an SNP voter and I want to know what the f**k they’re playing at.

I'm against vaccine passports but it's worth pointing out that Sarwar and Scottish Labour's position is gubbins as well. While they correctly point out that imposing vaccine passports will not have the desired effect of encouraging those who don't want the vaccine, they've also indicated that they'd rather make people take tests (presumably the absolutely useless LFTs) before going to a nightclub or large event. 

This means that if the SG can make a 'concession' of demanding testing instead and will likely have the Parliament's support. 

15 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Of the two options for diagnosis - taking a test and asking P&Bers - I for one applaud you taking the unconventional road. 

My thoughts - leprosy 

I’m taking the test, just thought maybe I could make it exciting for others by way of them making predictions.