Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

OK, leaving aside the fact that nobody actually needs to use a smartphone or that you could leave it at home and wouldn't then be traceable in shopping centres and also leaving aside the fact that traditional retail is coming to an end as people switch online, what would be the purpose of all this surveillance and population control?

some prep work for our future A.I overlords, they feed on data

Jan's vaccine update: Missing the Scotland game tonight as I'm wrapped up in blankets on the sofa, only leaving to spew every few hours.

I checked the list of side-effects on the wee sheet I've got. Currently ticking 7/8 with just wheezing to come.

16 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Jan's vaccine update: Missing the Scotland game tonight as I'm wrapped up in blankets on the sofa, only leaving to spew every few hours.

I checked the list of side-effects on the wee sheet I've got. Currently ticking 7/8 with just wheezing to come.

Is there a point score when you should phone an ambulance?

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is there a point score when you should phone an ambulance?

I have been wondering that myself. My girlfriend has told me to call 111 tomorrow if I'm still like this. Probably in the hope they'll cart me away in an ambulance to give her some peace from my whinging.

I'm telling myself I'm making progress. Yesterday was awful, it was like having a migraine and flu at the same time. I couldn't deal with light at all. Now I just feel rough and can't seem to keep food down. I'm taking that as a sign of progress.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I have been wondering that myself. My girlfriend has told me to call 111 tomorrow if I'm still like this. Probably in the hope they'll cart me away in an ambulance to give her some peace from my whinging.

I'm telling myself I'm making progress. Yesterday was awful, it was like having a migraine and flu at the same time. I couldn't deal with light at all. Now I just feel rough and can't seem to keep food down. I'm taking that as a sign of progress.

Definitely don't wait till tomorrow if it gets worse tonight. 111 is asking advice, not summoning an ambulance.

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Definitely don't wait till tomorrow if it gets worse tonight. 111 is asking advice, not summoning an ambulance.

Spoke to my maw and she said the same. 

I've just eaten my first proper meal since Thursday night (well a small plate of pasta). I'll keep everyone updated when (or if) it returns. Might be more gripping than the Scotland Moldova game.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 hours ago, Suspect Device said:
I have an 11 year old. I'm not sure I see the benefit for that age group. I also assumed the tactic seemed to be letting them build their immunity the 'natural' way the has worked for most of human history.

The benefit isn't for that age group.

If you're trying to tell me that getting her vaccinated is to protect the already vaccinated 80 year olds, that doesn't make sense.

32 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

If you're trying to tell me that getting her vaccinated is to protect the already vaccinated 80 year olds, that doesn't make sense.

Whether you agree with someone getting vaccinated to protect others or not, it makes sense.  

If vaccination cuts down transmission rates (at least in part), then the more who are vaccinated, the less transmission.  Given vaccinating 80 year olds doesn’t give 100% protection, then by simple maths, it will help protect the already vaccinated 80 year olds.

Edited by Wee Bully

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Had a great day in Glasgow with family, few drinks, nice meal.  City is packed.

Wee man and I having a wee drink in hotel bar.  Can't wait until we finally get back to normal...

Screenshot_20210904-204404_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.b929470ca6f9929a256b5f281cb78b2a.jpg

I'm in Malone's right now and it's absolutely heaving. Not a mask in sight.

Hardly saw anyone wear a mask at Hampden tonight when queuing to get in and inside. 

SG really need to accept that majority of people don’t give a f**k about masks anymore and get rid of the law surrounding them. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hardly saw anyone wear a mask at Hampden tonight when queuing to get in and inside. 

SG really need to accept that majority of people don’t give a f**k about masks anymore and get rid of the law surrounding them. 

^^^ murdering scum