Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Vaccines watchdog JCVI says there is insufficient evidence to support giving jabs to all 12- to 15-year-olds
Bit surprised by the bold part below..
The JCVI’s decision notes that it is not within its remit to consider wider issues such as disruption to education and wider community transmission, and has agreed that ministers can seek advice on this elsewhere.

Good, common sense at last.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The problem here is that the USA and EU are vaccinating over 12's, so where does this leave UK families who wish to take their kids abroad on holiday in the future ?

A: Blackpool and Alton Towers and a bunch of other shiteholes, giving the rest of us some fucking peace.

A507576A-00E4-4BD1-BAD0-FF4BC5C5B220.thumb.jpeg.9f47449e99922f6c72fd556f864c42c5.jpeg

Nightclubs, festivals and crowds over 10K after the vote next week is it not? 

Eg - we have to trundle along with this for at least a few weeks till the app is ready?
They already said (whoever was put up for interview on evening news last night) it was unlikely to come into being even if voted through until later in the month.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Presumably with the governments to strike travel agreements with varying countries, which is going to be whats required anyway

The whole situation has been utterly shambolic from the beginning, you'd have thought there might have been some unilateral co-operation and strategy discussed / negotiated at Government levels, whether that be leading Scientists, Health secs, Foreign Secs, Business secs etc, as ultimately we're all in this together and trade, tourism, business is taking a major hit by all countries, however they just seem so dis-organised and reactive as opposed to being organised and proactive.

I mean we've had over 18 months of this now, it's not as if it's just crept up on us !!!

1 hour ago, Ric said:

It is the guards job to inform people of committing a crime.

Simply saying "it's not my job, guv'nor" is the height of negligence.

Edit: Interesting this is getting some hate, yet nobody has been willing to post why it's not the guard's job to inform people they are acting illegally on the train.

Is it a crime to drink on a train, or a Scotrail ban ? It doesn't apply on Avanti or LNER services. You can get an overpriced Carlsberg delivered to your seat on the latter.

I appreciate you're meant to have a mask on but would guess the same allowance is made as on flights, where it can be briefly removed to eat/drink

3 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Is it a crime to drink on a train, or a Scotrail ban ? It doesn't apply on Avanti or LNER services. You can get an overpriced Carlsberg delivered to your seat on the latter.

I appreciate you're meant to have a mask on but would guess the same allowance is made as on flights, where it can be briefly removed to eat/drink

Yeah, it's still banned.

Of all the sources, have a P&J one...https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/3201937/alcohol-ban-continues-on-scotlands-rail-network/

Edit: That's for Scotrail. No idea about Avanti or LNER.

The mask requirement is law throughout the land though, LNER can't just say "we won't adhere to that because the train was sometimes in England".

Edited by Ric

23 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I thought that the Kids getting the Flu Jab at school now, was not for themselves but to save a granny.

Is that not the case ? 

That would not stand up with what JCVI are saying.

JCVI now saying they haven't made a recommendation, they're passing it onto the Chief Medicals to take into account community transmission and educational benefits.

Edited by welshbairn

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yeah, it's still banned.

Of all the sources, have a P&J one...https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/3201937/alcohol-ban-continues-on-scotlands-rail-network/

The mask requirement is law throughout the land though, LNER can't just say "we won't adhere to that because the train was sometimes in England".

I was booked to go down to Tynecastle on LNER and they sent an email to remind me to wear a mask.

Just now, Suspect Device said:

I was booked to go down to Tynecastle on LNER and they sent an email to remind me to wear a mask.

Interesting, I know a few months back there was a bit of a stooshy about it, where LNER said "as we are in England it's their rules now", to which the SG went, "nah, it's not."

48 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yeah, it's still banned.

LNER were definitely doing onboard catering. Hot food and alcohol included last week.

They also had reminders to wear a mask, but you would have to take your mask off to consume, not sure if there is a specific allowance for this, as there seems to be on planes.

10 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

They also had reminders to wear a mask, but you would have to take your mask off to consume, not sure if there is a specific allowance for this, as there seems to be on planes.

It's a fair point, we're all just going off one tweet so it's tough to know the exact situation.

I wasn't particularly having a shot at guards, I get it's a tough job, dealing with the public at any time is let alone now.

20 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's a fair point, we're all just going off one tweet so it's tough to know the exact situation.

I wasn't particularly having a shot at guards, I get it's a tough job, dealing with the public at any time is let alone now.

You aren’t supposed to drink alcohol after 9pm on a Scotrail train even in normal times, lost count of the number of times the conductor hasn’t given a flying f**k and has “let” us plough on regardless.

The BTP threat is just to appease grassing shitebags who tweet Scotrail greeting about football fans sitting two tables away from them having a laugh and enjoying their Saturday night.

Edited by anotherchance

21 minutes ago, Ric said:

😂 Aye you were ffs. "The height of negligence" you called it

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

😂 Aye you were ffs. "The height of negligence" you called it

Not the profession, the actions of one person and in a very specific situation.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Not the profession, the actions of one person and in a very specific situation.

It was explained to you subsequently that train staff have been told to steer clear of mask arguments though, so your "not my job guv'nor" patter is absolutely you having a go. 

Edited by Bairnardo

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

It was explained to you subsequently that train staff have been told to steer clear of mask arguments though, so your "not my job guv'nor" patter is absolutely you having a go. 

Subsequently, so after? Are you wanting me to go back and edit the post?

I'll do it if you are genuinely annoyed at the comment.