Coronavirus (COVID-19)

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I just did it because I've a couple of trips coming up where the QR code might make life easier.

If the trips are to Europe a guy on another forum I'm on tried his in France this morning and it wasn't recognised when the coffee shop scanned it.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You'll need the date of your first jag.

https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp?id=recover_username

14 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I don't have my appointment letters anymore. How do you get your username otherwise?

I'll be honest and was blind as f**k when I looked at the letter, I expected (like your reference and CIH numbers) it would be located at the top right of the letter. It wasn't it was right at the bottom of the front page. Admittedly it's very clearly labelled as your username. In the end I used the recover password option that's linked above.

To recover your username you only need to know the date of either vaccination (not just the first), and your name/dob/postcode.

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

If the trips are to Europe a guy on another forum I'm on tried his in France this morning and it wasn't recognised when the coffee shop scanned it.

Yeah, Sturgeon said they were still working on integrating it with other countries systems. Will be taking a paper version too.

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I don't think it's pan-European yet. I could be way wrong but I thought the current one was for domestic use just now and will be rolled into other systems later.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58412832

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Thing is, if you need another jag you'd  likely have fewer side-effects of the Moderna next time around as your body has the antibodies all sitting in the garage ready to roll. If you change, you might get hit just as bad. 

Aw jeez. It's an endless trap.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

This isn't a counter post, more just an anecdote like yours.

I got the AZ vaccine, twice, and neither occasion did I notice any affects. Not even a sore arm. For the first one, the nurse was so good, I didn't even realise I had been vaxxed until she just went "Well that's you done..."

I seem to be the only member of my family to be hit by a reaction. My mum and dad both had AZ and were absolutely fine, think my mum was a bit knackered but that was all. My brother had his first Moderna on a Thursday and played 90 minutes of football on the Friday. My girlfriend has been fine with her two doses of Pfizer too as have her family.

I had an issue with my lung a few years ago, so I'm not sure if that's maybe what's caused my reaction. Even as I type this my breathing is quite laboured. 

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It was only later letters that came with a username.

I don't have my first letter, no idea where it went, but that was dated round about the middle of March. I didn't realise the user names weren't on the first ones sent out.

I don't think the SNP have done badly on this, they've not excelled either though, and simple things like the inconsistency of printing usernames (while perhaps understandable considering how fast things are moving) only gives grist to the mill of those wishing to attack the SG.

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I seem to be the only member of my family to be hit by a reaction.

I absolutely believe you, that's not in question, and I know a few others, notably with heart/lung problems, who also had problems - albeit as they were in the at risk group they got the Pfizer. I got the AZ at the time of concern regarding blood clots, and despite *cough* "being within the age range of concern".

Edited by Ric

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I don't have my first letter, no idea where it went, but that was dated round about the middle of March. I didn't realise the user names weren't on the first ones sent out.

I don't think the SNP have done badly on this, they've not excelled either though, and simple things like the inconsistency of printing usernames (while perhaps understandable considering how fast things are moving) only gives grist to the mill of those wishing to attack the SG.

Initially Scotgov were against doing anything that looked like they were encouraging foreign travel, being convinced that it was opening up last summer that brought the second wave. So they've been playing catch up ever since. Makes sense to delay the app until everyone has been offered vaccination though.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I won't be going to any nightclubs but for interest, tried to login into NHS vac site to get my passport.

Login failed. I've probably forgotten my password.

Clicked on "forgot my password".

"Enter user ID".

So I did.

"No such user ID".

Pressed button to try to recover my user id.

Told me my user ID was xxxyyyzzz - exactly as I'd entered it before.

Pressed "forgot my password".

Asked to enter my user id.

Copied and pasted directly from the page where it told me my ID.

"Error. No such user."

Deleted spaces before and after user id in case some bored 19 year old exchange student had coded the front end and had forgotten to discard spaces.

Tried again.

"Error. No such user. Please contact service desk". No service desk phone number anywhere.

Fucking brilliant.

This is all going to go swimmingly I can tell. 🤣

Hard to believe we were the nation which invented the TV.

Now we can't even script up a basic website's login page.

None of this is going to be a problem for anyone though, including the older generations because.......

Well anyway it's that or more lockdowns right!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Oh come on. Seriously?

There are hardcore SNP party membrs on here who have resigned their membership over the SNP's handling of things.

This isn't just people bumping their gums.

I'm not saying there are not reasons to be concerned about everything regarding Covid, whether that be split down party, religious or scientific lines. Some are valid, many are not.

My point is things like forgetting to include usernames is bad optics and provides easy criticism. It's an own goal that needn't have been scored.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Now we can't even script up a basic website's login page.

I've got to say, not a single person I know who has used it this morning, including people who did and didn't know their username, has had difficulty in accessing the website.

I'm not suggesting you haven't had your problems, but using it to correlate a broad brush "this is just terrible for everyone" is really not a valid premise.

Edited by Ric

On 31/08/2021 at 12:26, Scotty Tunbridge said:

However we then went to get our departure tests 3 days prior to leaving. I will state here from about day 2 onwards my nose had been running like a tap, I assumed this was due to sleeping/living in a hotel room with air-con on a lot and being in and out of water etc. I got an antigen(?) rapid test in my nostril that was running and it came back positive. I then had another 2 antigen tests in the other nostril which came back negative while my partners 1 test was negative and that was it, but due to this positive I was made to isolate in a room for 16 hours while these were all sent to be tested under PCR conditions which came back negative. I really doubt the veracity of this test tbh as Im about 95% sure the hotel didn’t want to put me up for 10 days. So I shall see what my return test here shows and probably just stay in the house as a precaution until then.

Following on from this my day 2 test has came back as positive, so stuck in the house for a bit. No day 8 test is a bonus though.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Your work is likely trying to cover their arse but you can test positive for up too 3 months after

Yeah they’ve literally just came back and said no you don’t sorry as they’ve obviously just been told what you said from H&S or whoever. Edited my post accordingly.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge