Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Anyone ever had issues with the LFT?
I've been getting a very slight positive result about 80-90% of the time I take a LFT for about 5/6 months now. Both new test and old ones.
Had a few PCR tests after the positive LFTs and they're always negative.
It's quite irritating.

18 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think either of them actually were sacked just got loads of laughable criticism

I thought Abbot had been sacked but youre quite right, Thornburry resigned after a discussion with Milliband and agreed she should go.

Mental stuff.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/rochester-byelection-labour-mp-emily-thornberry-apologises-for-white-transit-van-and-england-flags-tweet-9874088.html

24 minutes ago, charger29 said:

Anyone ever had issues with the LFT?
I've been getting a very slight positive result about 80-90% of the time I take a LFT for about 5/6 months now. Both new test and old ones.
Had a few PCR tests after the positive LFTs and they're always negative.
It's quite irritating.

Stop taking the LFT's?

23 minutes ago, charger29 said:

I only really take them out of curiosity now. Any PCR I take is related to physical symptoms and the LFT result is pretty much ignored.

I'm just surprised that I've never read about this happening to anyone else.

Are you isolating every time you take a PCR?

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Planned obsolence?

How does the market set a price for a vaccine if the impact of not taking it is exclusion from society? It's just as well Big Pharma are so trust worthy. 

why would it mean exclusion from society ? the majority of people aren't going to big events or even pubs and restaurants and i don't see Tesco or Asda refusing you entry if you haven't had a booster

15 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

the majority of people aren't going to big events

The majority? Well obviously over 2.5M are not going to big events because loads of that number are children or decrepit, but that doesn’t detract from the fact that large numbers of people do go to large events and enjoy them.

52 minutes ago, Detournement said:

exclusion from society

I cringe when I see this phrase continually used. There are all sorts of reasons to object to covid certification, but needing it or an lft test result for post midnight entertainment or big football games does not amount to "exclusion from society", just as under 15s aren't because they're not supposed to get into 15 plus films, and I'm not because I don't want to spend 500 quid to see Adele in Hyde Park.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I cringe when I see this phrase continually used. There are all sorts of reasons to object to covid certification, but needing it or an lft test result for post midnight entertainment or big football games does not amount to "exclusion from society", just as under 15s aren't because they're not supposed to get into 15 plus films.

How can you post disingenuous bullshit like this with a straight face? Even if you had a point - which you don't - your comparison to age certifications on films is completely meaningless. The reasons for objections to covid certifications have been posted at length on here by several people and go well beyond the time they happen or the amount of people they host.

Age limits on products exist for a number of reasons for the benefit of those restricted, in the case of media because it contains content that children of certain ages aren't emotionally mature enough to understand and process. A concept which has literally nothing to do with any point you're trying to make.

For all the talk of moonhowlers vs. bedwetters on this thread, I genuinely don't understand what you get out of this act you're playing here. I thought you were far too old and intelligent to spend as long on it as you have, but every now and then you make a post as dreadful as that which still riles me, so well done if that's what you're going for. 

24 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

The majority? Well obviously over 2.5M are not going to big events because loads of that number are children or decrepit, but that doesn’t detract from the fact that large numbers of people do go to large events and enjoy them.

so 2.5 million are kids, they're parents will be at home being parents, so in fact its a large minority of 20 & 30 somethings with disposable income who are whining like wee fannies, and i'm glad i'm not on a 1st name basis with any of that generation, absolute knob ends

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Planned obsolence?

How does the market set a price for a vaccine if the impact of not taking it is exclusion from society? It's just as well Big Pharma are so trust worthy. 

In the years ahead a booster every autumn, if for the vulnerable, is not a problem.