Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Was out in Dunfermline for a few last night, 4th night out of 5 #supportinghospitality.

Glorious scenes, pubs busy, people having fun no one giving a f**k.. John Swinney's wishes filed in the bin.

Almost 14 and a half thousand at Easter Road last night ignoring him as well.

I know it appears to be a small minority, but these guys fall into the demographic that NS is begging to get vaccinated.

Imagine undermining your vaccine passport and entire vaccine programme just to get a wee dig at Boris over a bad cold.

Absolute madness.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm battering through work today so haven't looked into it. But is furlough coming back for the staff of nightclubs, will their wages be paid out of the £6k grant or is there something else coming in?

Nah, of course not. it’s their duty to make sacrifices for public health.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

The SNP have been incredibly naive here.

The latest variant has been used against them to discredit them, they have gone for it hook line and sinker. Everyone knew this variant was less dangerous than the Delta. Use worse case scenario in projection models and release to the advisors and to the media and sit back and watch what happens. Of course SAGE have been watching the data from South Africa.

Scottish leaders nudged along by their over cautious science advisors and their pride seeing to be doing more than the 'reckless' UK Conservative Government.

Boris on the purse strings keeping them shut knowing this situation would arise. The public now have the idea that all the other countries in the UK are dependent on England when it comes down to it. Blame thrown at the feet of the leaders of each country, while Boris looks after his own.

Has the blame game started yet?

Reputations need to be salvaged here, Indyref 2 now in the bin.

Yeah the money given to help hospitality is a sick joke, but it might point to the fact that Scotland could now be financially broke.

Its a bit like a plot for a soap opera, so it seems.

I was red dotted (couldn’t really care) for suggesting the SNP would lose any IndyRef2, and they will IMHO. A party who needs ‘Scotland’s oil’ money jumped into bed with the Greens? Folk will get into the booth with their pencils, and vote for the status quo. Then, we’ll have saltire waving nationalists in George Square facing off with largely Sevconian union flag waving fannies… and the rabid nationalists will cry and cry for IndyRef3, refusing to accept they’ve just lost 2-0 and are knocked oot’ the cup. They just don’t accept the results of votes that they don’t actually win.

I invite anyone, anyone at all, to bookmark this and bring it out following any IndyRef2. Nationalist, Unionist, or, like me, loosely nationalist but not that political, and now a disillusioned ex-SNP voter.

12 minutes ago, deegee said:

You would think somebody in the SNP would have some balls and have a quiet word in Sturgeon’s ear, to remind her she serves the people and is now acting unbalanced and is in serious overreach of power.  Her cuckold fanboys and fa girls wouldn’t dare utter a word but I’ve always had some respect for Angus Robertson. Seems a very level headed and experienced politician, who would look at the bigger picture, rather than the insular core of the leadership.

The only snipping you tend to see comes from Cherry, MacAskill or occasionally MacNeil. MacAskill has of course fucked off to the Alba gang of losers, Cherry almost certainty ought to as well, but won't as she doesn't fancy losing her seat and MacNeil is just a strange, strange man. 

Notably all of those are Westminster MPs and will have zero impact. 

Edited by Michael W

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Nah, of course not. it’s their duty to make sacrifices for public health.

If that is the case then it's absolutely disgraceful. And no amount of 'Well Westminster wouldn't give us the money' can cover it.

Playing politics with people's livelihoods. 

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

I was red dotted (couldn’t really care) for suggesting the SNP would lose any IndyRef2, and they will IMHO. A party who needs ‘Scotland’s oil’ money jumped into bed with the Greens? Folk will get into the booth with their pencils, and vote for the status quo. Then, we’ll have saltire waving nationalists in George Square facing off with largely Sevconian union flag waving fannies… and the rabid nationalists will cry and cry for IndyRef3, refusing to accept they’ve just lost 2-0 and are knocked oot’ the cup. They just don’t accept the results of votes that they don’t actually win.

I invite anyone, anyone at all, to bookmark this and bring it out following any IndyRef2. Nationalist, Unionist, or, like me, loosely nationalist but not that political, and now a disillusioned ex-SNP voter.

There will be no IndyRef2.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I know it appears to be a small minority, but these guys fall into the demographic that NS is begging to get vaccinated.

Imagine undermining your vaccine passport and entire vaccine programme just to get a wee dig at Boris over a bad cold.

Absolute madness.

Right.  It’s the same in the pubs.  The one group Sturgeon wants to stay at home,  isn’t.  Everyone else is being cautious and the pubs are taking a walloping.  

None of which should be a surprise to her, but here we are.  

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

There will be no IndyRef2.

It's not really the thread for it, but this is correct in that there certainly won't be one anytime soon. From referendum, to Brexit vote, to Brexit implementation, to Covid, I can't see there being any appetite for one as folk are just desperate to get their lives back to normal for a while. Meantime, it's difficult to assess how this will have affected the SNP/Indy movement, from this forum it would appear support is weaning.

Anyway, I e-mailed my MSP a few days ago and he doubled down on the modelling saying that he can't agree with me, and that he feels they need to look at the worst case scenario and base decisions from that. Primary school levels of numeracy/data interpretation. Terrifying. If ever you needed reminded that those in parliament are not actually that intelligent. 

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Absolute madness.

Presumably we can therefore inject the booster up said gentlemens bottoms ?

I take it as an invite.

Edited by superbigal

14 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The SNP have been incredibly naive here.

The latest variant has been used against them to discredit them, they have gone for it hook line and sinker. Everyone knew this variant was less dangerous than the Delta. Use worse case scenario in projection models and release to the advisors and to the media and sit back and watch what happens. Of course SAGE have been watching the data from South Africa.

Scottish leaders nudged along by their over cautious science advisors and their pride seeing to be doing more than the 'reckless' UK Conservative Government.

Boris on the purse strings keeping them shut knowing this situation would arise. The public now have the idea that all the other countries in the UK are dependent on England when it comes down to it. Blame thrown at the feet of the leaders of each country, while Boris looks after his own.

Has the blame game started yet?

Reputations need to be salvaged here, Indyref 2 now in the bin.

Yeah the money given to help hospitality is a sick joke, but it might point to the fact that Scotland could now be financially broke.

Its a bit like a plot for a soap opera, so it seems.

I think it’s fair to say Bojo has comprehensively out-politicked Sturgeon.  And I genuinely never thought I’d ever say that.  At the same, they both advocate the same abhorrent policy which will destroy an industry and people’s livelihoods. 

You would think somebody in the SNP would have some balls and have a quiet word in Sturgeon’s ear, to remind her she serves the people and is now acting unbalanced and is in serious overreach of power.  Her cuckold fanboys and fa girls wouldn’t dare utter a word but I’ve always had some respect for Angus Robertson. Seems a very level headed and experienced politician, who would look at the bigger picture, rather than the insular core of the leadership.
If Labour and the Tories back her restrictions why would anyone on her own side break ranks ?

I see it was Swinney who announced the nightclub closure. Just as it was Swinney who yesterday urged the fans to stay away.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this. But it seems like he's being used as the face of unpopular decisions to protect the FM.

39 minutes ago, Binos said:

No surprise 

But apparently vast majority of people in hospital are unvaccinated 

We have fucked this again by not mandating vaccinations

You can't drag people kicking and screaming but if you made it law and handed out fines the take up would be more

If only we had some sort of Vaccine Passport that people could show before entering an event 

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

Spain back to mandating masks outdoors at all times lol

In fairness the majority of the Spanish have been wearing masks outdoors for the past year or so.

The official advice in Spain was always to wear a mask outdoors where it was difficult to social distance, so many took that as shopping streets, beachfront promenades etc and also seemed to be doing it through personal choice as opposed to any fear of prosecution etc.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Right.  It’s the same in the pubs.  The one group Sturgeon wants to stay at home,  isn’t.  Everyone else is being cautious and the pubs are taking a walloping.  

None of which should be a surprise to her, but here we are.  

Do you work in a pub in Inverness?