Coronavirus (COVID-19)

44 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Hong Kong and the culling of hamsters, rabbits and other small pets.

This is an example of what a zero COVID policy would really mean.

So who in Scotland would want our government to pursue this policy?

the last 2 years has shown that 95% are wholly servile to the state, they will go along with whatever the state drums up enough fear about.

if the state wanted to, a month from now anyone questioning mass killing hamsters, rabbits would be called an extremist granny killer conspiracy theorist by that 95%

people happily stick muzzles on their kids for hours a day ffs, unthinkable abuse two years ago

I assume that if Scotland’s top dentist is saying facemasks will be ditched in schools, then there will be no need for mandatory facemasks to be worn by triple-jabbed adults in places such as shopping centres, cafes, concert halls, gyms….

Edited by pozbaird

41 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Oddly enough, today after this long, I witnessed my very first call out of someone not wearing a mask in a shop queue.

The chap questioned was quick to tell him, quite aggressively, that it was none of his fucking business and his heart just about dropped out his arse at the response - likely at the realisation he wasn’t far off getting a wrap in the puss.

Much more forthright than I would ever have been myself and tbh the guy was a bit out of line in the nature of his response, but I dare say it’ll make the questioner think twice before asking other folk in future, when it was indeed, none of his fucking business.

Whenever I have been maskless (usually in the wee shop, or at the takeaway) I do wonder what my response would be in a situation like that if I was challenged. What words could I say that would end up with everyone else in the shop giving me a round of applause?

Guess we'll find out one day.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Whenever I have been maskless (usually in the wee shop, or at the takeaway) I do wonder what my response would be in a situation like that if I was challenged. What words could I say that would end up with everyone else in the shop giving me a round of applause?

"no thanks" and "youre ok mate cheers"

Just now, Glennie said:

"no thanks" and "youre ok mate cheers"

In my imagination I am passionate and eloquent. Think Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mockingbird. 

In reality I'll probably just mumble that I left it at home. Then come on here and give a completely fictional version of the encounter whereby I win round the said challenger and convince him to take his mask off. 

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

I'd be almost certain the flight was returned due to the passenger becoming disruptive/violent after being asked to wear one and not the non-wearing of the mask itself tbf. 

The pilot still should have plunged the jet into the north atlantic, tbf.

50 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Oddly enough, today after this long, I witnessed my very first call out of someone not wearing a mask in a shop queue.

The chap questioned was quick to tell him, quite aggressively, that it was none of his fucking business and his heart just about dropped out his arse at the response - likely at the realisation he wasn’t far off getting a wrap in the puss.

Much more forthright than I would ever have been myself and tbh the guy was a bit out of line in the nature of his response, but I dare say it’ll make the questioner think twice before asking other folk in future, when it was indeed, none of his fucking business.

Another reason why this pantomime needs to end. Just another needless potential flashpoint and source of division in society. It has long since had its day in a massively immune population. Everyone will continue to catch it throughout their lives regardless.

Enough now.

On 18/01/2022 at 18:57, oaksoft said:

What are you guys like.... 🤣

what do you mean?

the lesson people are finally seeing is reducing 'the fight against covid' to a single variable like cases was and is a hugely destructive mistake

those who can now see that are surely able to apply the same lesson elsewhere, like not reducing the success of the jabbing scheme to a single variable

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I suffer from a minor ailment called ‘angular chilitis’ which affects the corners of my mouth, they dry and crack, requiring the application of steroid cream. Indeed, at the dentist last week, it had flared up again and the dentist prescribed a different cream. I sent off for a Krankie approved exemption card, which I carry with me any time I go out. I also have in my pocket a tube of my steroid cream, as this irritating daft ailment can, and does, cause me irritation… I have been challenged by shop staff maybe five or six times during the past two years. Only one of them was a cheeky basturt,, the others were simply doing their job. When you whip out your Krankie Card and ointment, saying ‘I’m exempt on medical grounds because I have a painful mouth problem that requires me using this…’ you have never, in your life, seen someone apologise so quickly, and you can almost see their arse collapse right in front of you. To every single one of them, bar the cheeky kunt, I then say to them ‘don’t be daft, you’re just doing your job, you are quite right to ask’… and both of us go on our merry way. Only once, has a member of the public had a go at me in a shop… never mind an arse collapse, this kunt literally gibbered like Boris Johnson before literally disappearing out the shop.

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

In my imagination I am passionate and eloquent. Think Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mockingbird. 

In reality I'll probably just mumble that I left it at home. Then come on here and give a completely fictional version of the encounter whereby I win round the said challenger and convince him to take his mask off. 

f**k that, dont give an inch to the game and its moonhowling cultists

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

If the PM was a regular corporate politician rather than an alcoholic chancer we would have been under much tougher restrictions since the summer.

I don't really understand this Johnson Variant bit. I assume he thinks it is funny?

Not watching the video of him, cheers!

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If the PM was a regular corporate politician rather than an alcoholic chancer we would have been under much tougher restrictions since the summer.

As your conspiracy nonsense turns out to be the utter shite that it is, will you continue to revert to 'ifs'?

In reality, we weren't. What Labour would have done in government versus the political games they play from opposition is a different matter. Especially when the Tories would be pushing them and public opinion was starting to turn.

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

As your conspiracy nonsense turns out to be the utter shite that it is, will you continue to revert to 'ifs'?

In reality, we weren't. What Labour would have done in government versus the political games they play from opposition is a different matter. Especially when the Tories would be pushing them and public opinion was starting to turn.

You don't think it's strange that Partygate was pulled out on the first full work week after Johnson broke ranks with the rest of Europe on Christmas restrictions?

If Starmer had been in power he would have done exactly what Sturgeon did but been able to use all the propaganda methods Whitehall has at it's disposal to stoke up more fear and compliance.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

For shop staff yes.

But if a normal member of the public tries that there would be fireworks.

it would depend how agro they were i think

my despair with the dim servility is real, but i do also feel a bit sorry for the 95% victims whove been terrorised into covid hysteria

Edited by Glennie

17 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You don't think it's strange that Partygate was pulled out on the first full work week after Johnson broke ranks with the rest of Europe on Christmas restrictions?

If Starmer had been in power he would have done exactly what Sturgeon did but been able to use all the propaganda methods Whitehall has at it's disposal to stoke up more fear and compliance.

You're a complete headcase 😂