Livi v Motherwell

2 hours ago, A Livi Fan said:

Mental how Livi managed to rip Motherwell to bits playing excellent football many times this afternoon, on a plastic pitch. 

Get it right up you

Our having an off day doesn't change a simple fact.

25 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Well, you just have to look at the stats to see how the game went. 

Screenshot_20200201-200537_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9742ee1d3ab41ca481f141b740c537f5.jpg

That only shot was the one at 90+1 minutes and hit the post. Also mark is definitely leaving at the end of the season. His contract ends in the summer and we have already extended Trevor Carsons who will be the main keeper going forward. So he will be a free agent for anyone interested.

I demand a recount, Gallagher got a soft header on target and Hartley got his shot away at the end, that was two efforts

8 minutes ago, nsr said:

Yeah the amount of times I've seen that excuse rolled out after Livi beat a team, we absolutely dominated Motherwell today, and that's why you had 'an off day', we made you have one.

Think i'd have been inconsolable for the rest of the weekend if Motherwell had scored with their one and only shot in the 91st min, it would've been daylight robbery.

I was confident we could scrape a win today, but holly feck, we strolled it, how the hell it was only 1-0 was the only surprise. Gillespie was on fire today, the amount of times he kept us out, I was beginning to think we'd never score, even though we thoroughly deserved to do so and get all 3 points. Honestly couldn't be more proud of this Livi team, they are absolute stars the lot of them. Never thought i'd say it, but I think they're even better than the team of season 2001/02. 

Watched the highlights there hoping to understand the refereeing decisions with a fresh look at them....NOPE. How Bartley got booked for a perfect tackle is mental...also looks like we should have had a penalty when Brown was dragged down in the box...lots going on but from the angle of the camera and what I saw at the time it looks a stick on.

Robinson had an absolute shocker of a day tbh.  Turning up to Almondvale expecting to play our normal game is just naive as f**k. I fail to see what Ilic brings, starting Tait over Grimshaw and dropping Ndjoli from the squad altogether require further explanation as well. Persisting with a 3-5-2 without any width or creativity very nearly cost him his job last year and was equally unwelcome today,and the less said about Mugabe upfront the better.

Watched the highlights (Livi's Official YouTube page looks like a fan page FWIW) and must be honest, I did not expect it to be that one-sided. A knee-slide on plastic looked painful. 

Just wondering, what it will take for Livi to get 2,000-3,000 home fans again. Seem to be stuck at the 1,200 mark.

Battle for Third looks like it'll be interesting, Aberdeen are favourites with them spending nearly £1m on players in January.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Watched the highlights there hoping to understand the refereeing decisions with a fresh look at them....NOPE. How Bartley got booked for a perfect tackle is mental...also looks like we should have had a penalty when Brown was dragged down in the box...lots going on but from the angle of the camera and what I saw at the time it looks a stick on.

The referee was incompetent, he gets asked to explain his decisions, so books our management team and striker. And walks away from Holt asking him why he pulled play back for a foul when Dykes was clean through to run from the halfway line towards goal, but didn't get to play advantage. Twice he pulled us back from an advantage to get a foul.

Would be helpful if refs acted with a bit of civility to managers and explained themselves, instead of behaving like jumped up c***s running about on a power trip.

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The referee was incompetent, he gets asked to explain his decisions, so books our management team and striker. And walks away from Holt asking him why he pulled play back for a foul when Dykes was clean through to run from the halfway line towards goal, but didn't get to play advantage. Twice he pulled us back from an advantage to get a foul.

Would be helpful if refs acted with a bit of civility to managers and explained themselves, instead of behaving like jumped up c***s running about on a power trip.

Stop greeting about the referee.  If you fail to mention when you benefited you just look like a hypocrite.  

Anyway that was so bad, that if we had scored with our chance that hit the post it would have been absolute day light robbery.  Gillespie is the best keeper in Scotland by the way.

The plastic pitch is an easy excuse and I don't buy it. I play 7s on a plastic pitch every week with no issues so why should PROFESSIONAL footballers be any different?

Wasn't at the game yesterday but the stats speak for themselves and Livi hammered us. Sounds like it was 1 going on 5 or 6 but for Gillespie.

Celtic during the week where we'll likely lose but as long as we turn in a performance I'll be reasonably happy because that yesterday was a shambles.

I came away from our game at Livingston a couple of weeks ago annoyed at the performance but in the cold light of day, appreciated that actually, the hosts had just played pretty well and been the better team on the day. They are a good team and results are starting to show it. 

Unfortunately for Livingston fans, and definitely speaking from personal experience, you aren't fashionable enough to get the credit you'll deserve. 

5 hours ago, A Livi Fan said:
12 hours ago, nsr said:

Ahahaha seriously? Grow up and dry your eyes. We fucking battered you today and played some absolutely brilliant football doing so. Get it right fucking up you.

I don’t think you understand the sentence you have quoted

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Unfortunately for Livingston fans, and definitely speaking from personal experience, you aren't fashionable enough to get the credit you'll deserve. 

I know the feeling - however a history of shenanigans with incompetent owners also had its cost.  As I recall our first season in the (then) SPL we sold over 3000 season tickets. Not any more unfortunately.

That wasn't as enjoyable game to watch as it should have been. Despite them obviously having an off day; Motherwell are a good side and its not too difficult to see why they're sitting third. 

Easily the best goalkeeper in the division and some strong defensive and midfield options. Its worth noting that when Dykes was playing more on the left he was up against Gallagher and got very little quarter; switching to the right he got a lot more freedom.

With virtually no bite for Motherwell up front; our defence seemed to have almost all the time in the world; allowing for our backs to push more forward and flood the midfield.

We played very well (in my opinion) but Motherwell's lack of attack really played into our hands; interesting particularly as our "wing" backs were both Motherwell "rejects".

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Robinson had an absolute shocker of a day tbh.  Turning up to Almondvale expecting to play our normal game is just naive as f**k. I fail to see what Ilic brings, starting Tait over Grimshaw and dropping Ndjoli from the squad altogether require further explanation as well. Persisting with a 3-5-2 without any width or creativity very nearly cost him his job last year and was equally unwelcome today,and the less said about Mugabe upfront the better.

It's a guess but unless Grimshaw has been carrying an injury or such Tait ahead of him seems to be our 'rotation'. We did that in the cup tie against Dundee ahead of having the league game against Aberdeen midweek. The fact we've got Celtic on Wednesday and the cup game at the weekend might explain it - again it's another reminder that we're really not a good enough team to f**k about - or carry 10 outfield players having individual and collective shitemares, but that's a different story.

The Mugabe up front business is a nonsense. It's also a tacit acknowledgement that we're short of different options. Clearly Ndjoli and Aarons were unavailable but the former doesn't look like a player who'll hold the ball up and the latter is a 5ft 9 winger, so neither address the issue of what do we do if Long isn't 'at it' or the system isn't working. As you say Robinson fucked it last season by amassing a collection of landfill 'physical' centre forwards and leaving us shelling the ball up the park this season he's gone the other way with fairly lightweight forwards to play 'anywhere across the front 3'.

Don't get me wrong aesthetically I'd rather Hylton, Long etc than Sammon, Main and Bowman but it's the same principle. #ANNOUNCETONY 'sake.

Edited by capt_oats

His solution 2nd half was to bring on Mugabi to try and contain Dykes with what could only be described as rugby tackling him whenever the ball came anywhere near him, how he wasn't booked showed what an incompetent arse Beaton was. It didn't work anyway, Dykes thrives on a physical battle, as Jullien found out when we pumped Celtic 2-0.

Don't think Robinson actually knows how to play against us, not at the Spaghettihad anyway, in his post match interview he looked bewildered when trying to explain what he needs to do against Livi. He falls into the lets give Livi a physical battle trap, and abandons how you usually play, that just plays right into our hands, we are used to playing the way we do, other teams trying it, just aren't as good.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

7 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Stop greeting about the referee.  If you fail to mention when you benefited you just look like a hypocrite.  

Anyway that was so bad, that if we had scored with our chance that hit the post it would have been absolute day light robbery.  Gillespie is the best keeper in Scotland by the way.

The fact we won and played Motherwell off the park yet our fans, management team, and players were seething at the ref's piss poor performance shows how bad he was, irrespective of him being bad for Motherwell too, he incensed our fans when we were winning the game. Normally when we win i'm not too bothered about the ref being bad, but he was ridiculously bad with decisions against us, and his 4 yellow cards booking 2 of our players and management team for his piss poor decisions made it worse.