Hamilton V Celtic Sunday 2nd Feb

Even by Scottish refereeing standards that was an absolute blinder from Nick Walsh today, well in [emoji122]
Not that I'm saying we would have held out for any kind of result anyway but it's nice to be given a chance 
Seen it twice now am still unsure if its a yellow or red . the intent from LG is there for all to see but am not 100% sure if its enough for a red . mind it needs to be excessive force to see red

Seen it twice now am still unsure if its a yellow or red . the intent from LG is there for all to see but am not 100% sure if its enough for a red . mind it needs to be excessive force to see red
Aymen Souda was shown a straight red for pulling out of an attenpted overhead kick against hearts....Griffith's should have been sent off...would expect the compliance officer to ban him retrospectively for violent conduct but we know how hopeless that is

Aymen Souda was shown a straight red for pulling out of an attenpted overhead kick against hearts....Griffith's should have been sent off...would expect the compliance officer to ban him retrospectively for violent conduct but we know how hopeless that is
Don't think the compliance office would change the offence to red IMO

56 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not having a go at the boy at all. He’s inherited a very strong team and he will get them another treble the season.

Most of them Lennon signed the first time around with a little happy from Deila.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Some great banner work today Screenshot_20200202-194828_Twitter.jpeg

Looks like they had to correct another spelling error, so celtic....

38 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

It was a clear stamp from Griffiths but I hope he doesn’t get a ban for the inevitable Sevcombustion.

The compliance officer will probably ban the Accies player....

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Looks like they had to correct another spelling error, so celtic....

The compliance officer will probably ban the Accies player....

Fuckin hell you still on here making an absolute fool of yourself. It must be about ten hours straight now😂 Get out of that B&B and go for a walk Vicky

Edited by Bohemian

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah Rangers died, but they mustn't have enough room for SEVCO SCOTLAND LTD ZOMBIE b*****dS

A well thought out post, the refereeing decisions in the game certainly do raise a few questions. 

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

A well thought out post, the refereeing decisions in the game certainly do raise a few questions. 

So far you Sevco c***s have got away with a red card, a possible 2nd red card, and 2 offside goals being given, and that's just against Livi. I think you're doing no bad for dodgy ref decisions. 

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

So far you Sevco c***s have got away with a red card, a possible 2nd red card, and 2 offside goals being given, and that's just against Livi. I think you're doing no bad for dodgy ref decisions. 

Not that I recall but feel free to provide  video evidence and I'll give my opinion. 

Griffiths lost the plot for a second and stood on the boy. It's not a stamp but he knew what he was doing. Should have been a red. We'd all be saying red card if it was Morelos, guaranteed.

Are we not at risk of this becoming blurred between should it have been a red by the letter of the law vs what we think the rules should be. Much like the modern day handball rules are nonsense.

The precedent was set when Morelos himself had a red rescinded for lashing out at Scott McKenna off the ball, but a panel judged that it wasn’t quite hard enough to be violent conduct.

Personally I’d rather any off the ball incident of lashing out should be a red, indeed if it’s off the ball then the force is excessive by default, surely? Apparently not.

ETA - I think Griffiths is more Guilty of not trying to avoid contact than he is going out of his way to hurt the player.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Going by sportscene highlights, I’m not convinced Griffiths is a red tbh.

Think the Hamilton red is very harsh though.

Same, the close up on Sportscene seems to show the accies player holding on to Griffiths foot as he's trying to step over him?

16 hours ago, bennett said:

Not that I recall but feel free to provide  video evidence and I'll give my opinion. 

Course you wouldn't, it's only Sevco that is hard done to by dodgy refereeing decisions. Couldn't give a f**k about your opinion, if you can't remember them you've already made your mind up they didn't happen, must be hard for you to see with your blinkers on.

7 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Griffiths lost the plot for a second and stood on the boy. It's not a stamp but he knew what he was doing. Should have been a red. We'd all be saying red card if it was Morelos, guaranteed.

We all said the same when it was Scott Brown, to be fair, and that predictably led to absolutely fucking nothing being done. Cheating p***k 100% knew what he was doing, and 100% knew he'd get away with it.

Still, he's a character, eh?

Image spoilered cos it's fucking massive.

Spoiler

Scott Brown lands on the St Mirren player

Edited by Coventry Saint