Qp vs Elgin

Just seen the highlights , did look like some good football was played, Elgin did look toothless especially in the first half & the Queens Park defence looks lot stronger just now, with the new signings, number 3 looked like he had great game
To be fair to Elgin, the only downside to their game was indeed the finishing. They knocked the ball about well.

19 hours ago, houstonspider said:

You would've thought today of all days with the weather being what it was that stewards wouldve relaxed their strip search policy at the turnstyles and let fans get quickly into the ground. But know, it was the usual frisk fest and i even witnessed them being obnoxious to an elderly gent who wasn't complying until his daughter pointed out to them that he has dementia. Shocking.

I have been lucky and never been frisked and this frisking has been brought up several times on this sight.

I am sure that several members of the Committee read and indeed post on this this sight, so common guys, you pay the wages of G4S, so just tell them to stop doing this.

The difference in Hester between last week and yesterday was night and day unfortunately. If he took one of those chances it could've been very different. First goal we didn't do enough to close down the cross (which happened a few times) and second tbf was a decent strike by Galt. Another massive game next week.

Think both sides deserve huge credit for the way they applied themselves in the conditions. We're bedding in pretty well and look like we're becoming a real unit. Two excellent goals from our perspective as well. Next week will be as tough as it gets. It'll show us exactly where we are. 

59 minutes ago, an86 said:

Next week will be as tough as it gets. It'll show us exactly where we are. 

Really looking forward to it. Grant v McAllister, Doig v Megginson,  battles to savour all over the pitch. We haven't really laid a glove on them in the 2 games so far this season. Despite their 100% home record, we are going there to win. Bring it on!!!

I have been lucky and never been frisked and this frisking has been brought up several times on this sight.
I am sure that several members of the Committee read and indeed post on this this sight, so common guys, you pay the wages of G4S, so just tell them to stop doing this.
I never really understand all the complaints about the searching at hampden. True, I've never experienced at any other ground or at Scotland games, but it really makes no difference to my day whether I'm searched or not.
It's the same guys at the turnstile every week, sometimes they stop me for a search, sometimes they dont. If I'm stopped I'm out in the rain for an extra 10 seconds max (it's not really a very thorough search). I've seen folk standing objecting to it for a few minutes (only to give in and get searched anyway) and all it does is delay them and others getting into the ground.
Whether anyone likes it or not, it's obviously the policy at our home games, and it's unlikely to change while we're still playing at Hampden. If you go expecting a ten second search, you wont be disappointed, if you dont get stopped think of it as a bonus.
Or get your self worked up about it, spend a few minutes in the cold upsetting yourself in front of people who, to be honest, just think your making a tit of yourself, and then moan about it later on an internet forum.
I know which suits me better.

Really don't know what the point of searches at QP games, when Ben rightly points out it doesnt happen at Scotland games or other grounds. I either attend with my 85 year old father in law who walks with a stick or my teenage daughter. Every single time my father in law and I get searched but my daughter never gets searched. So what's the point. I would love to know what it is they routinely find on QP fans that justfies the searches. Has the committee every asked the stadium management what this is all about ?

Really don't know what the point of searches at QP games, when Ben rightly points out it doesnt happen at Scotland games or other grounds. I either attend with my 85 year old father in law who walks with a stick or my teenage daughter. Every single time my father in law and I get searched but my daughter never gets searched. So what's the point. I would love to know what it is they routinely find on QP fans that justfies the searches. Has the committee every asked the stadium management what this is all about ?

There isn’t a female steward outside usually which makes no sense if they want to search people. I’ve started going in the front door with my members ticket as it’s quicker and I get no hassle. It’s not a good look especially for new potential fans, it’s not welcoming.

Another point is people not allowed to sit on the seats at the top of the stand. People were trying to sit there on Saturday due to the weather but were getting grief from the steward? Why?

We need to create a welcoming atmosphere and this needs to be addressed before we make the move next door.

16 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

I never really understand all the complaints about the searching at hampden. True, I've never experienced at any other ground or at Scotland games, but it really makes no difference to my day whether I'm searched or not.
It's the same guys at the turnstile every week, sometimes they stop me for a search, sometimes they dont. If I'm stopped I'm out in the rain for an extra 10 seconds max (it's not really a very thorough search). I've seen folk standing objecting to it for a few minutes (only to give in and get searched anyway) and all it does is delay them and others getting into the ground.
Whether anyone likes it or not, it's obviously the policy at our home games, and it's unlikely to change while we're still playing at Hampden. If you go expecting a ten second search, you wont be disappointed, if you dont get stopped think of it as a bonus.
Or get your self worked up about it, spend a few minutes in the cold upsetting yourself in front of people who, to be honest, just think your making a tit of yourself, and then moan about it later on an internet forum.
I know which suits me better.

Bootlicker.

20 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
On 15/02/2020 at 20:28, houstonspider said:
You would've thought today of all days with the weather being what it was that stewards wouldve relaxed their strip search policy at the turnstyles and let fans get quickly into the ground. But know, it was the usual frisk fest and i even witnessed them being obnoxious to an elderly gent who wasn't complying until his daughter pointed out to them that he has dementia. Shocking.

This is down to the people running the stadium and not QP. 

The searches are a directive from our club secretary/general manager. Now I have no idea if she is telt to do this by "the people running the stadium" but she is very insistent and not at all apologetic about it.   

On 13/02/2020 at 13:45, Big Badger said:

2-0 QP is my prediction. Salim to get back on the goal trail.

You called it BB. 

Strong performances all over the park and Galt producing his magic just when it was needed. Elgin were dominating second half possession until that goal completely deflated them.

Good times.

25 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

The searches are a directive from our club secretary/general manager. Now I have no idea if she is telt to do this by "the people running the stadium" but she is very insistent and not at all apologetic about it.   

How often is she searched on the way in? If you have a search policy it must apply to everyone.

54 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Not at all surprised. A product of a bygone age. No commercial acumen. Customers seen as a nuisance.

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

That is unbelievable Mick and indeed disgraceful, that this is the policy of our club. Note that TMWNN has not made any comment. Questions must be asked of the Club and the Committee.

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

How often is she searched on the way in? If you have a search policy it must apply to everyone.

Exactly.

Members who have complained about the policy have been advised to go via the main entrance to avoid it. Spectacularly missing the point of any complaint, as usual