Hearts Victory Thread (featuring Hamilton Academical)

Manager’s record since arriving is awful - he is a one trick pony and doesn’t seem to have an idea how to vary his tactics based on the opposition. Most Hearts fans thought it was impossible for Stendel to plumb the same depths as Cathro and Levein but this guy looks just as far out of his depth as they both were.

2 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Manager’s record since arriving is awful - he is a one trick pony and doesn’t seem to have an idea how to vary his tactics based on the opposition. Most Hearts fans thought it was impossible for Stendel to plumb the same depths as Cathro and Levein but this guy looks just as far out of his depth as they both were.

It's harsh to blame Stendel when the rot had set in long ago under Levein, the one's to blame are Levein for being shite and Budge for not seeing through him, loads of fans saw this coming, possibly not to this extent but the warning signs were flashing near enough 2 year ago. 

Obviously we expected Stendel to pick up better results than he has but he's came in to an utter shit show, I still have hope that long term if we do survive this season he will come good.

A few of the new boys that have been brought in look like donkeys anaw mind.

Allan Preston hammering Stendel on the radio for being bottom with a £9m budget.  How is that his fault exactly? Everyone he's brought in was based on players going out.  He never filled the squad with guys like MacLean, Wighton, Whelan, Mulraney etc.  

There are legitimate things to criticise him for as he's making mistakes.  But blaming him for the performances to budget is daft.  

Preston was desperate for it to be all Stendel's fault, slating him for speaking to players during the game because 'the work should have been done in the dressing room' seems a bit bitter and wants the guy to fail, that's how it comes across.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

Allan Preston hammering Stendel on the radio for being bottom with a £9m budget.  How is that his fault exactly? Everyone he's brought in was based on players going out.  He never filled the squad with guys like MacLean, Wighton, Whelan, Mulraney etc.  

There are legitimate things to criticise him for as he's making mistakes.  But blaming him for the performances to budget is daft.  

Butcher never brought in most of the players at Easter Road that were relegated under him, and he wasn't given the resources Stendel has. 

10 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Butcher never brought in most of the players at Easter Road that were relegated under him, and he wasn't given the resources Stendel has. 

What's your point? Blaming Stendel for Hearts wasting a big budget is stupid.

It's harsh to blame Stendel when the rot had set in long ago under Levein, the one's to blame are Levein for being shite and Budge for not seeing through him, loads of fans saw this coming, possibly not to this extent but the warning signs were flashing near enough 2 year ago. 
Obviously we expected Stendel to pick up better results than he has but he's came in to an utter shit show, I still have hope that long term if we do survive this season he will come good.
A few of the new boys that have been brought in look like donkeys anaw mind.

Hearts have got a wage budget of £8m+ while teams like Hamilton will be lucky if they can go much beyond £1.2m. Stendel has enough resources at his disposal and has had enough time to start making some tangible progress. With the notable exception of the Rangers game the results and performances have been dreadful. A lucky and undeserved point at St J, 2-3 at home to a struggling Killie side, a win at Falkirk in a game that they deserved to lose, 0-5 at Celtic and a home draw against 10 men today. This guy has obviously convinced the Hearts Interview Panel but the results and performances don’t lie and if he doesn’t get his act together imminently the boo boys will circling with some considerable justification.

1 minute ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Hearts have got a wage budget of £8m+ while teams like Hamilton will be lucky if they can go much beyond £1.2m. Stendel has enough resources at his disposal and has had enough time to start making some tangible progress. With the notable exception of the Rangers game the results and performances have been dreadful. A lucky and undeserved point at St J, 2-3 at home to a struggling Killie side, a win at Falkirk in a game that they deserved to lose, 0-5 at Celtic and a home draw against 10 men today. This guy has obviously convinced the Hearts Interview Panel but the results and performances don’t lie and if he doesn’t get his act together imminently the boo boys will circling with some considerable justification.

They will eventually but I would say that wage bill is a result of mismanagement from the previous manager/DOF/dictator that still hangs around the club taking a wage despite being sacked. 

Fans will turn on him if we don't start getting results that is just obvious, I'm sure a few already have, I thought at the time it was a risky appointment considering the state we are in, I think long term he would be good maybe a 'safer' choice just to keep us up may have been the answer.

It's just a fucked up situation, still seems unimaginable to actually get relegated from this league but it's a real possibility.

Since the defeat to Hibs we've only actually lost 2 in 9 and one was at Celtic Park.  But we are leaking stupid goals and drawing far too many.  I genuinely think it'll go right down to the wire.

Edited by Tony Wonder

Since the defeat to Hibs we've only actually lost 2 in 9 and one was at Celtic Park.  But we are leaking stupid goals and drawing far too many.  I genuinely think it'll go right down to the wire.

Recognising today and the fluke at Perth for the losing draws that they are, as well as discounting two victories over third tier dross, makes it sound much less impressive.

Then again, so does me saying “one win in eleven” and “same form that got Levein sacked”.

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Recognising today and the fluke at Perth for the losing draws that they are, as well as discounting two victories over third tier dross, makes it sound much less impressive.

Then again, so does me saying “one win in eleven” and “same form that got Levein sacked”.

I wasn't claiming bit was impressive.  I'm saying he managed to stop the rot in terms of defeats but draws are killing us. Hence going down to the wire.

Mind you if we count draws where we scored last as defeats then we’d have to count the Aberdeen game as a win

So possibly we should just count draws as draws