Hearts Victory Thread (featuring Hamilton Academical)

Not that it had any real impact on the game but there was a 5 minute spell in the second half where I think the rain was the worst I'd ever seen at a match.  Thought an abandonment was on the cards at one point.

Edited by Tony Wonder

Not that it had any real impact on the game but there was a 5 minute spell in the second half where I think the rain was the worst I'd ever seen at a match.  Thought an abandonment was on the cards at one point.
Yeah, I was convinced it wouldn't last. There seemed to be an unbelievable sitter for Hearts in the midst of it but I didn't have a clue what was happening.

30 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
44 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Yeah, I was convinced it wouldn't last. There seemed to be an unbelievable sitter for Hearts in the midst of it but I didn't have a clue what was happening.

We had one off the line and then Naismith missed a sitter at the back post.

The build up to the penalty is offside as well.  Souttar tries to clear it, it comes back off the Hamilton player and is then picked up by a different Hamilton player who's offside. Wheatfield linesman having a great day.

Red does look harsh, but it's hard to say the boy hasn't meant that. It's going across him and getting away and he puts his hand out.

3 hours ago, Shteve said:

Preston was desperate for it to be all Stendel's fault, slating him for speaking to players during the game because 'the work should have been done in the dressing room' seems a bit bitter and wants the guy to fail, that's how it comes across.

Didn't Preston do the same when Cathro got the Hearts gig? Him, Fatty Boyd and a couple of others seemed to be fucking raging that none of their pals got it. 

3 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Butcher never brought in most of the players at Easter Road that were relegated under him, and he wasn't given the resources Stendel has. 

I think the problem with Butcher and the Hibs players was that he'd told quite a few of them they'd be getting emptied at the end of the season.

Tools well and truly downed to the point they were fucked and out of warranty.

10 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Didn't Preston do the same when Cathro got the Hearts gig? Him, Fatty Boyd and a couple of others seemed to be fucking raging that none of their pals got it. 

Yeh, quite possibly, Boyd especially was very vocal at the time. I don't mind people having a dig if it's justified but it always seems to be the easy targets they go for.

1 minute ago, Shteve said:

Yeh, quite possibly, Boyd especially was very vocal at the time. I don't mind people having a dig if it's justified but it always seems to be the easy targets they go for.

I got the impression they treated Cathro as an outsider because he wasn't one of the dressing room "clique". Ultimately he failed, not before humiliating Boyd by giving Rangers a proper cunting though. 

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

I got the impression they treated Cathro as an outsider because he wasn't one of the dressing room "clique". Ultimately he failed, not before humiliating Boyd by giving Rangers a proper cunting though. 

Gave Killie a pasting at Tynecastle as well when Boyd was playing which was pleasing. He was a slightly odd character Cathro, he's obviously got something about him but I'm not sure he'll ever be management material.

1 minute ago, Shteve said:

Gave Killie a pasting at Tynecastle as well when Boyd was playing which was pleasing. He was a slightly odd character Cathro, he's obviously got something about him but I'm not sure he'll ever be management material.

Yeah, hugely knowledgable guy, but really an assistant at best. 

The build up to the penalty is offside as well.  Souttar tries to clear it, it comes back off the Hamilton player and is then picked up by a different Hamilton player who's offside. Wheatfield linesman having a great day.

Red does look harsh, but it's hard to say the boy hasn't meant that. It's going across him and getting away and he puts his hand out.

The wheatfield linesman delivered the worst performance I’ve seen all season and bearing in mind I saw Berra against Hibs and have watched Pereira more than once that’s saying something

Really shows Scotland up that our media are rather vile to a foreign manager. By that, I don't just mean foreign as in nationality, just foreign to the 'boys club'.

I remember Bonetti got hounded (Willie Young in one of his after dinner speeches admitted that certain refs used to actively enjoy giving decisions against us, him included). Cathro, Angelo & Stendel have all fallen foul in recent times.

Yet if you're one of the Sportsound lads or mates with them, you're a disgraceful club if you have the audacity to punt one of their own. (See Partick Thistle with Gerry Collins & Dundee with Jim McIntyre to name but 2).

16 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I think the problem with Butcher and the Hibs players was that he'd told quite a few of them they'd be getting emptied at the end of the season.

Tools well and truly downed to the point they were fucked and out of warranty.

Some truth in that although if I recall we had a horrendous run that ended in the play offs, Hearts would take the play off now if offered. I think Stendel should have kept Berra and Whelan btw. 

5 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Point is better than losing but the first 20 minutes were abysmal and if Hamilton hadn't had a man sent off we'd likely have lost.  

Hamilton fans moaning about the officials and not mentioning the opener being well offside is convenient though. 

We dominated after the red like you would expect and if one of the chances during the pressure around the time of the heavy rain had gone in I'd have thought we'd go on to win.  

Regardless though, even if we had won I'd be terrified as the harsh truth is we are a defensive shambles.  It's no good looking more dangerous in attack if we have an open midfield and shocking shape at the back. 

Fwiw I think the critiscims of Hickey is a bit harsh, he played well and it was his first game back in weeks on a heavy pitch.

Was an entertaining game, but I'd have settled for it being pish and winning.

Hickey is dreaming of his second move from us to Celtic, so won't be arsed either way. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really shows Scotland up that our media are rather vile to a foreign manager. By that, I don't just mean foreign as in nationality, just foreign to the 'boys club'.

I remember Bonetti got hounded (Willie Young in one of his after dinner speeches admitted that certain refs used to actively enjoy giving decisions against us, him included). Cathro, Angelo & Stendel have all fallen foul in recent times.

Yet if you're one of the Sportsound lads or mates with them, you're a disgraceful club if you have the audacity to punt one of their own. (See Partick Thistle with Gerry Collins & Dundee with Jim McIntyre to name but 2).

Sandy fucking Clark was the worst. He was an absolute c**t with a stunning inferiority complex. I remember him having a rant about Dario Bonetti wearing Doc Marten's in the dugout. 

11 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Some truth in that although if I recall we had a horrendous run that ended in the play offs, Hearts would take the play off now if offered. I think Stendel should have kept Berra and Whelan btw. 

Berra was done after his Injury against Celtic. Whelan was surrounded by shite.

Still think we'll finish10th, but would take 11th if offered it now.

9 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Sandy fucking Clark was the worst. He was an absolute c**t with a stunning inferiority complex. I remember him having a rant about Dario Bonetti wearing Doc Marten's in the dugout. 

Probably because he's just bitter about Dundee in general.

Albert Kidd even had a wee spat with him about 86 just last year and had to tell him to get over it as Sandy Stewart would still like to, 'kick his head in' apparently.

He's an utter welt of a man.

ETA: Should've linked the article: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/in-full/i-knew-he-was-still-hurting-over-1986-albert-kidd-tells-sandy-clark-to-get-over-hearts-title-failure-1-4908709

Edited by Ludo*1