Thistle Vs Pars - Saturday 22 Feb

The full game replay is up on jagzone, with benefit of video:

Dunfermline penalty claim: not a penalty

Afolabi foul on Brownlie (not Mayo as I thought) : looks more of a foul than it did at the game, has arm round him.

image.png.7b666f27c49ec9bde493ca3ac632a061.png

Thistle goal, not only the sort of challenge on the goalie that gets given as a foul 99% of the time, it was almost certainly offside as well when the ball comes back in (the offside player in the pic below is Graham, who scored). Makes up for the nonsense vs QoS last week I suppose.

image.png.b209e26108b24b1de1d84af8c3298e1b.png

Is it just me (and my old man) or did Afolabi not seem to bother his arse for 80%, or more, of that match.

I figured he was totally spent after all the game time recently but he fair shifts when he wants to. Total passenger the majority of the time. 

...and in that GIF he goes down like a sack o spuds and rolls about for no reason when we are trying to scrape a win out of nowhere. Thats nae use at all. 

Edited by Stoo61

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

At any point before we scored I’d have been absolutely delighted with a point, we were better 2nd half but still no where near where we need to be to finish top 4. Keeping partick and queens at arms length is just about all we can hope for now and we’ve done that the last 2 games.  It’s not good but it’ll be just about enough to try again next year.

Massive questions over how the ref can allow play to continue with OFW collapsed in his 6 yard box but when we’ve faced so many crosses through the game a goal was inevitable. 

Because it was a massive dive that he immediately got up from and then collapsed again once the cross was about to come in. He was at it, I've just watched it again on our site.

Was Murray actually left back first half? I have no idea because he kept switching from there to centre back and looked utterly lost.
The tactic of just mashing the ball upfield at every given opportunity was also maddening. Again though, I’m at least mildly encouraged that Crawford recognised what a shit show it was and did something about it.
Wasnt at the game, based it on last couple of matches.
I was wondering if maybe he is limiting him to a less physical role due to his neck injury?
Hopefully it's that because it makes no sense otherwise.

Definitely not a penalty, too soft. But if you don't give that, there's no way you can give the foul against Afolabi, he simply out muscles him fairly. Graham fouls Fon Williams which is pretty clear from the video when he looks at him then runs into him, then he's offside. 3 really poor refereeing decisions there, we haven't had much rub of the green from them this season...

That first half Dunfermline performance was as bad as I've seen this season (from opposing teams), not taking 3 points off them is piss poor.  Get Bannigan off penalties. We're a team of gutless shitebags, Cole in particular was awful, Penrice not far behind for the biggest shitebag joke on the park award.

And as much as I want to love this injection of a fairly sizeable young team that drum is fucking awful and for me is killing the atmosphere, only a couple of actual songs got sung and we were all over them shooting towards the JLS first half.

57 minutes ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

That first half Dunfermline performance was as bad as I've seen this season (from opposing teams), not taking 3 points off them is piss poor. 

100%. I’ve rarely if ever seen us play worse during a half of football. Was discussing it with my brother after the game and I think maybe a League 1 game at Stirling was slightly more atrocious but I was flabbergasted we weren’t 2 or 3 down at the break.

Very worrying for Thistle fans to hear McCall talking about how well they played, though. He’s either lost the plot entirely or is just trying to raise confidence levels.

Very worrying for Thistle fans to hear McCall talking about how well they played, though. He’s either lost the plot entirely or is just trying to raise confidence levels.

He’s been doing that the last couple of games when we’ve been bad enough to get football banned. If he thinks we were anything that resembled decent in the second half then he’s reached Caldwell-esque levels of delusion.