Alloa Athletic vs Ayr United

Must win IMO when you look at our 3 games after this, also must win for Alloa fighting for survival so should be two teams going for it hopefully. Changes a must after last night abysmal performance.

Doohan

Houston Muirhead Bell Harvie

Malley Kerr Kelly

McCowan Moffat Tiffoney

Kerr did mention about a couple coming back but not sure when, would say we're badly missing Doc in the midfield atm. Forrest deserves a drop he's done nothing recently. Don't think this game is really suitable for drinan, need to really go for it.

Hopefully we can continue on or recent good run of form recently, Ayr were superb  on there last visit to the Recs and deserved the spanking they handed out to us.  Ayr appear to enjoy playing on our surface which would appear to suit their style of play.  Once again I would settle for a point to continue the scoreboard ticking over.  I would look to  tinker with starting line up from last week dropping Thompson for Malcolm to strengthen  the midfield . 

Wright

Stirling       Deas  Taggart          Dick

Flannigan Hetherington

Cawley                                 Malcolm

Trouten

O'Hara

Hopefully we can continue on or recent good run of form recently, Ayr were superb  on there last visit to the Recs and deserved the spanking they handed out to us.  Ayr appear to enjoy playing on our surface which would appear to suit their style of play.  Once again I would settle for a point to continue the scoreboard ticking over.  I would look to  tinker with starting line up from last week dropping Thompson for Malcolm to strengthen  the midfield . 
                            Wright
Stirling       Deas  Taggart          Dick
       Flannigan Hetherington
Cawley                                 Malcolm
                Trouten
                                O'Hara
Banks in from start for this one only change from last week

Alloa tend to play an attractive passing game (like we used to do) and despite Drinan doing well for us from his personal perspective, I'd revert back to the McCowan, Moffat, Forrest formation and also look for a place for Malley, with Kerr and Kelly in behind.

Basically I think we need to back ourselves to out Football a side who do play similarly to ourselves.

My one worry would be from a defensive midfield perspective as Gillespie is definitely off the pace / not fully fit and with Doc, Geggan & Murdoch out, it does leave us very short of options. 

I'm not totally convinced about Tiffoney (think he's a bit greedy and not the best decision maker) but is an option from the bench along with Drinan obviously, especially if the shape isn't working.

No disrespect to Alloa, but we've got Dundee twice and Dundee Utd over the next 10 days so we REALLY need to be looking to take something from this, otherwise we could very quickly lose confidence and be dragged right back into the pack...........

heading up for this one. hope i have more luck than last attempt to get to Alloa back in January when Arbroath game was rained off while I was waiting for my train at Stirling... 
any pub recommendations? 

If you want a soulless barn then spoons or the old brewery. The station across the road from the train station is were a few of the Alloa fans go before the game, a bit more spit and sawdust.