Alloa Athletic vs Ayr United

I feel for Alloa, we are fast becoming their bogey.

8 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

In more positive news, Moffat was brilliant when he came on, he done a great turn, almost Bergkamp esque to beat the Alloa defender, which Houston should've finished off.  

100% I'm looking to forward to watching that again, not quite sure how Moffat managed it.

4 minutes ago, wuffster said:

I suggest you reflect on that pathetic comment given your own comments in the Ayr thread earlier today.

What pathetic comments would that be then? 

Edited to add do you know what, don't bother because it'll just transcend into another 4 pages of shite. 

Humour should always be allowed. That wasn't humour. 

coverphoto.jpg

Edited by BukyOHare

I for one have been watching and supporting Ayr for 60 years, if a plastic pitch comes in I’ll not be back, that’s why I wasn’t there today and won’t be at Dumfries in a couple of weeks absolute torture watching games on it, only good for training on to keep up fitness.

I for one have been watching and supporting Ayr for 60 years, if a plastic pitch comes in I’ll not be back, that’s why I wasn’t there today and won’t be at Dumfries in a couple of weeks absolute torture watching games on it, only good for training on to keep up fitness.

They’re not all like the ones in Dumfries. The one today was absolutely fine and suited the way we want to play.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They’re not all like the ones in Dumfries. The one today was absolutely fine and suited the way we want to play.

Yes but  I think we all know that if we did go that route then inevitably we'd end up with one like the one in Dumfries.

Yes but  I think we all know that if we did go that route then inevitably we'd end up with one like the one in Dumfries.

If Alloa Athletic can get a half decent one then there’s zero reason why we can’t. No disrespect to Alloa, they’re a marvellous club with a great selection of match day scran.

There’s ones we’ve played on further down the leagues that are better than the ones in Kilmarnock or Dumfries.

11 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

What pathetic comments would that be then? 

Be transphobic whilst raging about use of a word deriding people with disabilities

You probably still "head down to the C***ky on a Friday night" but got absolutely frothing at the wee guy calling someone a "p**i" on the North Terrace a few months ago

You cannae pick and choose what other people can be offended by, ya dinosaur

3 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Be transphobic whilst raging about use of a word deriding people with disabilities

You probably still "head down to the C***ky on a Friday night" but got absolutely frothing at the wee guy calling someone a "p**i" on the North Terrace a few months ago

Howling. 🐺

Haven't got a clue what your asterisked words are either. 

Edited by BukyOHare

26 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Am I missing something here?

43 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Another dinosaur who would rather watch players scrambling about on a tattie field than play on a bowling green surface.Mark Kerr loved it and i will bet so did all the Ayr players as it lets you get it down and play.Most grass pitches in Scotland at this time of year are in crap condition and our clubs dont have the money to keep them good.Our pitch is in its 4th year and there have been no injuries to players caused by the pitch,another myth from years ago.

A plastic pitch is only worth if if you can do what e.g. Stenny do and use it constantly. It's been an uphill struggle over the years to even get the team to train locally, and the facilities for community use simply don't exist. Forking out for an artificial surface to be used for precisely two hours a week would be mind-numbingly stupid. And I have no problem at all with them in general.

Anyway, glad to get the points, but the way other results went is horrendous. Still fully possible to finish this season seventh.

Anyone else surprised the ref didn't ask for a kit swap? There's quite a clash in those stramashes.

20 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Anyway, glad to get the points, but the way other results went is horrendous. Still fully possible to finish this season seventh.

Anyone else surprised the ref didn't ask for a kit swap? There's quite a clash in those stramashes.

Come on get your positive  hat on ..... Still fully possible to finish second !

Edited by Robbo63

Interesting debate about artificial pitches. I have been against them for many years but now accept they are the way forward because:

The younger players coming through know nothing else, grass is all but alien to them.
If the current weather pattern continues then postponement and wet heavy pitches will become the norm for large parts of the season.

I really enjoyed the football played by both teams yesterday. The first time in weeks we have been able to pass and move the way we can.

The future is artificial!!

4 hours ago, JohnGAYR said:

Interesting debate about artificial pitches. I have been against them for many years but now accept they are the way forward because:

The younger players coming through know nothing else, grass is all but alien to them.
If the current weather pattern continues then postponement and wet heavy pitches will become the norm for large parts of the season.

I really enjoyed the football played by both teams yesterday. The first time in weeks we have been able to pass and move the way we can.

The future is artificial!!

The newer hybrid / semi-artificial pitches work very well at a few clubs in England now and more and more clubs are adopting them. They effectively lay a carpet which sits underneath the main topsoil and intertwines with the grass to hold it in place. Until this development,  I too was dead against astro turf surfaces but having seen these pitches 'in the flesh' now as it were, I'm coming round to the idea especially given our fixtures backlog this season (which will do us no favours at all, especially if we do manage to get to the promotion play offs again). The downside is the cost of laying them in the first place and I'm not sure about their longevity (i.e. when do they need to be re-laid) and will they always 'survive' a Scottish winter - no point in laying something that expensive if you then need to do it all again after a relatively short space of time.     

Edited by Jazzar