Who's making the play-offs?

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can see us finishing 4th now. March is going to fucking kill us.

Unless Moore, Geggan, Murdoch and Doc are coming back anytime soon, which looks unlikely, Doc probably the only one. 

Experience missing could be as big a loss as the quality of each player. The team on Tuesday bar Bell and Gillespie was very young

I still expect us to make the playoffs and if we don’t serious questions have to be asked of Kerr.
2nd should still be the aim. 

2nd should definitely be the aim but we won’t get there. I don’t think we’re good enough defensively and the run of games in March will take its toll.

I think it’s fair to have a proper appraisal of Kerr in the summer. He was properly backed in January and got just about everything he wanted.

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Here @RossBFaeDundee I hope your going to put as much time and effort into this as @RandomGuy. does to to the Premiership relegation thread. 

If Dundee win tomorrow then aye.

For real though, I do intend to regularly update the thread, though I work Tuesday nights so there might be more of a focus on words than images lol.

But yeah, Dundee FC with its long term financial plans and investors are the team to worry about

Posted on the same day that Dundee post a £1.8 million loss for their last season in the top flight. You hate to see it happen.

Well, the most consequential game of the weekend for the play-off race has been postponed. Ayr now guaranteed to leapfrog Dundee with at least a draw. Morton and Dunfermline can both jump over Arbroath with a win in their respective fixtures.

Well, all teams in the hunt for the play-offs got wins today, making things even more interesting. 2nd place through 7th are now separated by just 5 (five) points.

Ayr grabs an extremely valuable 3 points away to Alloa, and jump above Dundee (b*****ds) to again take 3rd place, now just 1 point off 2nd.

Dunfermline grabbed a massive 2-0 win against league runaways and their bogey team Dundee United. This big time performance keeps the Pars very much in the talk for the play-offs.

Morton doing what they needed to do and getting a dominant 0-4 win at Palmerston over a lame QoS side, which improves their dreadful GD greatly. David Hopkins' men continue to click, but they need to keep this momentum up, having played more games than any of their counterparts.

image.png.152e0768f0452fa3f5ba0cb02ce5052a.png

Eyes now turn to Tuesday and Wednesday nights, where we have a full card that hopefully won't be dealt a bad hand by the weather.

image.thumb.png.f9a3f2308a0e76ea12a1c1fcb4c747d9.png

After a disappointing call-off, Dundee will hopefully welcome Alloa and will attempt to grab their 3rd consecutive win and 4th game unbeaten in their quest for 2nd. Having claimed all 6 points from their first 2 encounters this season and having far more rest, Dundee should be favourites, but you never know with this team. Kenny Crawford will be there though, so we're defo winning.

Massive game at Somerset Park, with Ayr hosting the league-leading Arabs. Dundee United's last visit was one to remember for the Honest Men who gave United their first loss of the season. The reverse fixture however was much the opposite, with Mark Kerr's first match against his old club being a 4-0 skelping at Tannadice. With the league leaders' form of late being spotty (compared to their previous dominance anyways) and their own favourable position, A win for Ayr would be enormous for their own push for the 2nd spot.

Coming off a big Scottish Cup defeat, John Robertson and Caley Thistle will be desperate to re-solidify their position as leaders of the pack with their upcoming home game against the wildcard Morton. Caley have certainly been up and down in form of late, but will look for this game to be the catalyst for a late-season push. David Hopkins' men will arrive at Caledonian Stadium on the back of 8 consecutive unbeaten games, having not lost away in the league since early December. This has the potential to be a very interesting game and could be key to how both teams finish their season. Do ICT have it in them to hold onto their shaky position as best of the rest, or are Morton legit play-off contenders?

On Wednesday night, Arbroath entertain Dunfermline after missing out on a game on Saturday. The Pars come straight from a huge home win against Dundee United and will be right up for this one, but Arbroath will be the more rested side and are still on a great run in their own right. Despite these two teams being 6th and 7th in the league, a win for either could easily propel them into the play-offs.

Also there's a relegation battle but who cares.

I think a point at Gayfield would actually be a decent result in and of itself but we need 3 really. 

Said it before and I'll say it again, would love to get into the play offs and win them for the journey but would rather stay in the Championship. 

Steam still coming out of my ears, but screw it, not like there's much to update tonight anyway.

In what sounded like an absolute snoozefest, Ayr United couldn't dismantle the league leaders and had to make do with a 0-0 draw, far from the worst possible outcome, but considering United's recent form and the tight group around them they could have been made to regret having not gained all 3.

I of course use the word could, but really the word should instead be "should". Dundee ran Alloa ragged at Dens tonight, but despite great chance after great chance, nothing was converted and Alloa escape with a draw. A third consecutive clean sheet for the Dee, but Hemmings was badly missed, as badly missed as any of Andrew Nelson's "attempts" on the night.

In easily the liveliest fixture of the night, Morton looked set to record yet another impressive point away to Caley Thistle, but yet another stoppage time goal against the Ton gives ICT some breathing room in 2nd, while endangering their own hopes of securing a spot in the playoffs.

IMG_20200303_215312.jpg.7a91916e6e8ff357b8894ca74438bcf0.jpg

Tomorrow night, Arbroath and Dunfermline take each other on at Gayfield, with a win for either side (by multiple goals for the Lichties) bringing them to 4th.

Mon the draw.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Really is a game by game process. Think Inverness must be confident of 2nd for now, the other two places is anyones guess. Big game tomorrow at Gayfield but in this league its not even a must win, by Saturday evening it could be completely different again. 

1 minute ago, Stoo61 said:

Really is a game by game process. Think Inverness must be confident of 2nd for now, the other two places is anyones guess. Big game tomorrow at Gayfield but in this league its not even a must win, by Saturday evening it could be completely different again. 

If Hemmings is back hopefully we're 4 points clear of Ayr this time next week. Un-bloody-likely of course.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If Hemmings is back hopefully we're 4 points clear of Ayr this time next week. Un-bloody-likely of course.

I doubt that as much as I doubt us picking up  more than 6 points from our next three games....and we're playing Queens and Thistle! 

Well, losing that last-minute goal tonight was a sair yin for us. It would be remarkable if we managed to finish fourth, given the games in hand that the teams around us have.

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

I'll be doing this every week because, well, it's better than work. Taking the PPG from the last five matches for each teams and spreading out over the rest of the season the league will finish...

Dundee United 67

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 57

Ayr United 57

Arbroath 56

Dundee 55

Dunfermline 54

Greenock Morton 49

Alloa Athletic 35

Queen of the South 31

Partick Thistle 28

53 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'll be doing this every week because, well, it's better than work. Taking the PPG from the last five matches for each teams and spreading out over the rest of the season the league will finish...

Dundee United 67

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 57

Ayr United 57

Arbroath 56

Dundee 55

Dunfermline 54

Greenock Morton 49

Alloa Athletic 35

Queen of the South 31

Partick Thistle 28

Looks plausible.

But the Scottish Championship laughs in the face of plausible.