Rangers vs Accies - The Pressure Game. March 4th

I like Brian Rice.  He got it spot on when he said, "It must be great to be under pressure when you're second in the league and in the Europa League last 16,"  Terrific quote and one that we Gers fans need to take cognisance of.

Also, we're going to light in midfield with Jack and Arfield out injured so I have no idea how we'll line up though I suspect Polster will start.

Nervy home win.

1 - 1, Hamilton will have watched our games against arts and StJ etc, go in hard against this team giving them no space and they'll crumble. 

We'll probably see Kamara and Aribo for Jack and Arfy. Upfront I'd be tempted to go with Morelos and Kambeari (if Gerrard plays Alfie) as it should give us a bit more force. 

If Accies sit in then we need to start showing a bit more patience when trying to break them down, you can't pass the baw past ten defenders. 

Easy home win by a few goals.

Accies will get the backlash from the home side being shite against Hearts & as we are the perfect side to play when the opposition need a pick-me-up result.

Accies support less than 100 as most - including myself - refuse to pay £29 to go, another dent to our GD & just having to hope Hibs do us a favour tonight.

Easy home win by a few goals.

Accies will get the backlash from the home side being shite against Hearts & as we are the perfect side to play when the opposition need a pick-me-up result.

Accies support less than 100 as most - including myself - refuse to pay £29 to go, another dent to our GD & just having to hope Hibs do us a favour tonight.

I agree. Hibs are a great bunch of lads.

Can see Hamilton going in 1-0 up at half time and then Rangers doing the usual three in the last 15 to win.

Southwood
McGowan Want Hamilton McMann
Smith Gogic Martin Alston
Ogkmpoe Moyo

Could also be a 5-3-2 with Gogic at CB, but Rice went with a 4-4-2 in the previous two games v Rangers.

I think that team kind of makes sense (no to Alston but if Miller isn't fit enough to start then it's a choice between Alston and Hunt at LM). We did a better job of closing the space between the strikers and CMs in the cup game after Jack gave us a rinsing in the league, however Davis is better there than whoever they played last time - it wasn't Jack or Davis anyway. I don't think Hamilton and Want have played in a two before, and I'm really worried about both of them getting turned by Morelos all game.

Strong first 10, then Rangers missed two good chances, now we're doing quite well again. Pressing them fairly effectively, and Moyo-Oggy with Smith drifting in looks like it could result in something good. We've been a split-second/good pass away from a great break a few times.

Strong first 10, then Rangers missed two good chances, now we're doing quite well again. Pressing them fairly effectively, and Moyo-Oggy with Smith drifting in looks like it could result in something good. We've been a split-second/good pass away from a great break a few times.

If Moyo couldn’t jump 12ft in the air he’d have been emptied.

If Moyo couldn’t jump 12ft in the air he’d have been emptied.
He can though, and none of our other strikers can. It's a nice option that will every so often be useful - not tonight though.

We've done alright while conceding quite a few good chances. Rangers are giving the ball up in dangerous positions but tend to recover - like if Jamie Hamilton were an entire team.

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The **** having a minutes applause for Gerrard on the 8th minute.

*fatgarry.jpg*

Did that actually happen? I thought it was a joke some weird Celtic fan made up on Twitter :lol:

What an embarrassing support.