Braehead looking for (another) new owner?

15 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

@dele
@L’immortable Par
We doing this?!

My old man was a shopping centre manager. A bit ironic as he hated shopping. He did like choosing the tacky Christmas displays though. Pretty sure he wasn’t my real dad anyway. 

3 minutes ago, L'immortale Par said:

My old man was a shopping centre manager. A bit ironic as he hated shopping. He did like choosing the tacky Christmas displays though. Pretty sure he wasn’t my real dad anyway. 

Not a very good Haiku but well done for trying at least.

I'm not sure where you fit in. I've always imagined you as a bit scruffy. Not as bad as [mention=40259]throbber[/mention] but not much better.

Well that’s remarkably incorrect, and not very kind.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

I know one of the area managers of the holding company Intu in England. I don't know what his salary is but his bonus was £200,000 last year. From what I can gather his job is essentially to go around 4 shopping centres being an annoying wide boy to all the staff. I couldn't tell you what he actually does.

It's a mystery how someone can get a bonus like that during an irresistible retail apocalypse. Maybe less of a mystery how Intu is losing so much money.

It would have taken me 7+ years to earn that.

I think the biggest bonus I ever got was £100.00.

Edited by Jacksgranda
grandma

58 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Crazy eh? I'm sure he'll fall upward but I'm sure someone could do this job perfectly well with 1/4 of that as a flat salary. Or you could argue it's not a necessary job at all.

Probably this. And I'm sure his is not the only one with that sort of money.

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I know one of the area managers of the holding company Intu in England. I don't know what his salary is but his bonus was £200,000 last year. From what I can gather his job is essentially to go around 4 shopping centres being an annoying wide boy to all the staff. I couldn't tell you what he actually does.

It's a mystery how someone can get a bonus like that during an irresistible retail apocalypse. Maybe less of a mystery how Intu is losing so much money.

Doesn’t sound like much has changed. My old man used to describe these moron big bosses that would pitch up now and again and he’d have to take them and their assorted wives and ratty wee dogs out to lunch etc. He had no idea what their job was meant to be.