Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

28 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Are they really?  Is it in the best interests of Scottish football to delay payment to clubs who might need the money now, rather than in a month or two? And these clubs aren't being greedy. Many of them lead a hand to mouth existence.

Please keep up. Those payments could’ve been made as loans if applied for. 

Can Thistle or ITC please just change their vote to yes? 

I'll take relegation just to stop Dundee from rasing their skirts an inch or two every now and then, before deciding their not going to go full gusset at the end of it all

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The people running Scottish football are those that the clubs appoint to run Scottish football.  I’m not sure why people struggle to understand this.

Fucking hell, what one earth were the clubs smoking when they decided to appoint Doncaster

Guest Flash
18 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

The Thistle statement is a pretty good summary in plain English of what the lawyers are saying.

On the Dundee Rejection vote specifically they're saying: "you sent a No vote shortly before 5pm. That had effect as soon as you sent it not when the SPFL received it. That means 3 Championship votes against, the resolution officially defeated. What Dundee did or did not send you at 6pm therefore doesn't matter. Nae points, p***k"

Are they not also suggesting that the overall vote wasn’t valid because the clubs were given insufficient information prior to the vote?  If they are right about that, they’re asking for Dundee’s vote to count in an overall vote that wasn’t valid.

Just now, rb123! said:

I'm just hoping for Dundee United to come out with a statement which has a finely veiled swipe at Dundee, would spice things up to the next level

They're too busy arguing with fan groups at the moment.

5 minutes ago, bad chad said:

Can Thistle or ITC please just change their vote to yes? 

I'll take relegation just to stop Dundee from rasing their skirts an inch or two every now and then, before deciding their not going to go full gusset at the end of it all

The Jags' legal advice says that No votes cannot be changed.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The people running Scottish football are those that the clubs appoint to run Scottish football.  I’m not sure why people struggle to understand this.

Including Sevco, a club claiming the SPFL is riddled with corruption. Their own man in that I presume. What do clubs do with and perceive of this apparently secretive organisation? 

Who are these people?! As a man once said of a group he had met and spoken to. 

Seems to be a distinct lack of gloating Dayglos all of a sudden. Perhaps you’ve spaffed your jizz a little prematurely lads.

I like the fact we are defending the integrity of Scottish football and I fucking love the fact we are doing everything in our power to keep the DABs doon [emoji4]

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Fucking hell, what one earth were the clubs smoking when they decided to appoint Doncaster

Doncaster doesn’t take the big decision on his own.  The people that do are appointed by the clubs.

1 minute ago, Flash said:

Are they not also suggesting that the overall vote wasn’t valid because the clubs were given insufficient information prior to the vote?  If they are right about that, they’re asking for Dundee’s vote to count in an overall vote that wasn’t valid.

They are alternative arguments.

If there was no other impropriety about the vote, it should be regarded as a rejection because 3 Nos in Championship lodged.

But Thistle also thinks there was impropriety about the manner in which the proposal was put, therefore if it is still live (for whatever reason) it should be withdrawn and a fresh proposition put.

Either outcome of which is "go back to the drawing board please, this vote died, like Rangers."

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'm just hoping for Dundee United to come out with a statement which has a finely veiled swipe at Dundee, would spice things up to the next level

They're too busy fighting with their own fans at the moment unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

You misunderstand my point (I may have misunderstood yours!). I mean that a No would lead to a possible new proposal tweaked to suit to get a YES vote, rather than steam rolling any No vote at the time. The SPFL would sound out a close vote (like this) to see what could be done and put a new proposal in to vote on. 

4 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

All the more important to find out if and when the vote was sent and what happened to it.

4 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

One for the older viewer there!

Confused... You will be.