Managing Saints, with a RandomTwist

RandomGuy.

Untitled.thumb.png.207314c73222b4772143b388b00f1ef6.png

Targeted this guy as a top target.

Audacious as f**k, and I can't afford more than £3m at an absolute stretch, but I think he'd be worth it.

See what two months of chasing him can bring about, he'll likely end up at a club who can pay infinitely more than me but its worth a punt.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Lots of fixtures early in the season + playing a dirty as f**k side + me deciding to run without any real full back depth =

Untitled.png.ef34e4987978d8262041d018b2f969dc.png

Untitled.png.40566723d737a4fb18520ba1e5e69be0.png

November 2024/25

Untitled.png.7f7e36483dafba125014267fbdd5a882.png

Sevilla destroyed us, as comprehensive a defeat as I've ever had in terms of performance. We struggled to even get up the pitch never mind score.

Hearts game the usual sluggish one after Europe, caught between trying to play my best side, who are inevitably tired, or the back ups, who aren't the same standard and who, generally, don't have as good relationships with their team mates on the park.

Sam Smith then decided he was bored and obliterated any defence he could fine. I felt sorry for the BATE centre backs by the end. Don't know what it is about him but hes really dominant physically despite not having outstanding attributes.

Untitled.png.f917efebbcf355d72ce0d0e797a70004.png

Already safe, IMO.

Top half the main aim to secure now, and then try and get top four and Europe again, but...

Untitled.png.82d01aa9bd73bc6c2a320773d888eade.png

I believe 3rd drops me in the Conference League, so either way I'll be playing in Europe after Christmas.

Great, but not great, as we struggle to win the game directly after an away tie.

Final day showdown away to PSV to qualify, the Sevilla game destroyed all my confidence tbh.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Untitled.png.c499ac5d7a5be727b8c5a54165182e97.png

Celtic are just obscene.

They dominated every stat aswell.

Real Madrid are top of La Liga, and made it to the UCL Final last season.

Playing away to Celtic with only one first choice defender, a CB forced to play at RB, and a midfielder playing in the centre of defence for the first ever time, went as well as you probably would expect.

I am no longer unbeaten in the league. 

December 2024/25

Untitled.png.3f3015cc8880682574c43a2ace6b31ee.png

I won't lie, we didn't play well in any game this month. Most victories were total slogs reliant on defensive mistakes.

By the end the players just seemed burnt out and lethargic, thankfully the winter break now hits.

Untitled.png.040bd1e26435c1eff9ff5461df271d7a.png

Second place is now the aim, thinking about the title is utterly fucking pointless as Celtic are just ridiculous. I'll be lucky to ever get near them over the course of a season. They've conceded 4 league goals all season.

Four.

I scored 3 against them in their only loss of the season, so they've conceded 1 solitary goal over 19 league games.

How the actual f**k do you compete with that?

Untitled.png.628152197a015e3a7df2c6663a21fccb.png

Last minute equaliser against PSV sees us finish 2nd, which is decent.

We'll be out in the next round though.

Untitled.png.30f218425bf0e624efb9fa6e6bd80005.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

Mid-Season squad review 2024/25

Goalkeepers

Untitled.png.885d7ca55170d54e0da70f0426bcc85e.png

Clark remains class.

Defenders

Untitled.png.fff76084ff7350e3313caf2d84baff92.png

Ralston obviously picked up a season ending injury, which sees Miller as first choice RB now.

Kpohomouh with an impressive first season so far.

Midfielders

Untitled.png.c8ede4da5b58ca603821fbd71f871286.png

Shock. Oli Ewing a top performer.

Very pleasing to see Heath playing so well, but record signing Connelly needs to step up.

Bowie predominately found himself out wide, and has contributed absolutely f**k all.

Strikers

Untitled.png.d9621664ccda5858f23672ce154dc957.png

We're lucky Sam Smith is so good.

Going to have a massive problem if he loses form/leaves the club/gets injured.

Reading this thread has got me in the mood to get my Aberdeen save on the go again. Can I see Celtics squad in yours? Would be interesting to compare it to my save.

And I know what you mean about thinking of the title being pointless :lol: Thought I was in with a good shout last season until the fixture backlog after the new year because of the extended break for the 2022 World Cup. Celtic ended up cruising it in the end by 24 points.

Edited by C. Muir

This is their squad in my save in September 2023, in order of highest - lowest paid player.

image.thumb.png.3bd48ed5d00a2a04114235fffe4d23f6.png

Taylor, Bayo and Bolingolis wages in particular - jesus f**k :lol:

Paul Hale is a regen who's only 18.

Mikey Johnston is transfer listed for £5m and with his current wage being in my budget he's one I might consider in January.

22 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Can I see Celtics squad in yours? Would be interesting to compare it to my save.

Untitled.png.1640f1ffbe844af56a280d75d450b2a1.png

Obscene.

I looked at Coffey as his contract is expiring, and he would simultaneously become my best CM, CAM, and ST if he joined. I can't get near the money he wants though.

In the past two windows Hibs have signed at least one player I've moved for, by offering exactly £1kp/w more than I do.

Theyve just done the exact same fucking thing in this window, and have now made an offer for my second choice in that position just 2 days after I agreed terms with the player.

Its driving me nuts and I'm genuinely on the verge of punting my entire backroom staff, at all levels, as I'm absolutely convinced one of them is a rat.

Untitled.png.afdc4f3384780a11617193fc7fa68de5.png

Honestly, what the actual f**k.

So pissed off. Can't get near a domestic trophy because of Celtic, can't buy any players because of Hibs, and I've got almost no defenders because of injury.

Just an absolute mess.

January Transfers 2024/25

Out

Bruce Anderson left to join Dumbarton on loan. He'll be leaving us at the end of the season.

In

Tobias Knoste on loan from Hamburg.

Untitled.thumb.png.6139459ff6473129c59b5ac6f37d8c2a.png

He's shite and was abuot my 8th choice as a full back signing, but the rest either suddenly decided they wanted ridiculous wages or Hibs signed them.

Half thought I could sign him in the Summer if he done well but within a day of joining me on loan he signed a PCA with Cardiff, so its now completely pointless.

An utterly fucking awful window thats completely scunnered me. Every player I tried to sign was instantly signed up by bigger clubs.

Squad is in a really bad way in terms of depth, we're ravaged by injuries, and now suspensions are hitting.

January 2024/25

Untitled.png.70b52539b7ba9bb45507afd40c7c5553.png

Raith game was embarrassing, dont think we even had a shot.

Aberdeen we went down to 10 men in the first half, then conceded two goals after 90 minutes to lose.

Awful against Hearts.

Raith was fine but they're bottom of the Championship.

Hardly had a defence for these games, the wingers arent contributing and my central players aren't doign anything well.

Untitled.png.e0ef0eca2e0eadf99f1ee430643eedbc.png

Feels inevitable we'll drop to 4th soon. Last two months have been a complete slog.

Untitled.png.de90ec9afcc925eba5b727cc3653f076.png

Sums up how frustrating my season is going.

2-1 down not a bad result away from home in Europe, with 2 minutes left we end up getting a man sent off and conceding two goals, and thats us out.

So close but never close enough.

February 2024/25

Untitled.png.4bc2f7036fee3eec122ec0864e888124.png

Odd month.

It feels pointless playing Celtic, and the two stoppage time goals conceded in Lisbon end up being vital. Without them we'd have gone through on away goals.

Hibs game just the usual struggle after Europe, while I tried to be too smart against Falkirk.

Untitled.png.2ad661b660e7073b2fd042dcbd301997.png

2nd place, and Champions League football, now looks like getting away from us.

European football in some form looks guaranteed though.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

What stages do the league finishers go into Europe at?

Untitled.png.fd5feb16b45a98acc1ad287ecda6ad79.png

The Scottish Cup Winners apparently affect 3rd-5th in some way, but I've no idea how as I can't see through the Scottish Cup rules, and previous years have Celtic or Rangers winning it while finishing in the top 2.

I think 5th places entry goes to the Scottish Cup winner if theyve not already qualified.