The SPFL recommendation?

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

You mean like Raith Rovers accepting a title they haven't won when Falkirk, East Fife, Montrose and Airdrie were also still in the race? Must be a mutant Fifer thing.

Not really their fault this is happening and a majority of clubs have unanimously voted to end the season tbh m9. If it was your rabble of a club sitting top, you'd be 100% accepting the title to get out of the seaside league. But, because your club is indeed a total shambles, you aren't. Happy to help. 

No because there is no chance of any football being played prior to player contracts ending, not sure how many times it has to be said.

Some players may be happy to extend a contract for 2 or 3 months but others who have signed for other teams wont incase of injury etc. You may also have issues like a Falkirk player already agreed to sign for Partick, how does that sit. Then we have the next issue play the games with next seasons squads now that isnt fair.

If, as we are being led to believe, football is to restart soon behind closed doors, the playoffs could be completed in 2-3 weeks. Given three weeks preparation, it’s not inconceivable that it could be completed by the end of June or early July (which I am sure could be resolved from a contract standpoint).

I, like you, have always maintained that football is not going to start soon. So you may be right, but it would be easier to complete the season this way than this shambles of an undemocratic and unfair reconstruction where too many teams feel hard done by, or by trying to complete the whole remainder of the Premiership which is just nonsensical and almost pointless....

29 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

I didn’t say keep the status quo after a temporary 14-10-10-10 though did I?

I said go 14-10-10-10 next season to get us out of the current predicament and come up with a model that works best without our thinking being clouded by self interest.

The structure needs to come first then clubs play a season for their position in that structure. Instead we’re trying to enforce a structure based on the current standings, which is always going to be unfair on someone.

That's true you didn't, what you actually said was " we could go 14-10-10-10 temporarily next season which doesn’t disadvantage anyone and actually put some thought into the best option longer term, without having it led by self interest."  but you still didn't offer up that alternative preferring the "put some thought......" comment as if any future plan will miraculously be everything to everyman, but guess what? it won't, it can't be.

I understand your angst and Ire but these are as they like to keep saying "unprecedented times" and the problems the game are facing need sorting now not in  12,15 or 18 months time, I don't see the point in making a change now then making another in 12 months, should we change it every season just because some club or another is losing out?

As I said I'm all for 12,10,10,10, even 14,10,10,10 as financially I think that's benefit my club even more than 14,14,14 but it has to be about RRFC or Clyde it's about what will be least invasive to the many.

Edited by Scottydog

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

If, as we are being led to believe, football is to restart soon behind closed doors, the playoffs could be completed in 2-3 weeks. Given three weeks preparation, it’s not inconceivable that it could be completed by the end of June or early July (which I am sure could be resolved from a contract standpoint).
I, like you, have always maintained that football is not going to start soon. So you may be right, but it would be easier to complete the season this way than this shambles of an undemocratic and unfair reconstruction where too many teams feel hard done by......

Source please.

And I mean in Scotland SPL to L2 not the Netherlands.

18 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I'm sure you didn't realise this but by some weird coincidence, your two suggestions have ever so slightly moved the dividing line so that Clyde end up in the new second tier. What a stroke of luck.

Presumably Forfar and Cove could go f**k themselves in these scenarios?

I've read the post again. What season did I refer to - the wrong one? I was meaning 21-22 when everyone knows in advance.

My bad

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

Source please.
And I mean in Scotland SPL to L2 not the Netherlands.

Ahh, but I didn’t say it was being led in Scotland did I?
So stop moving the proverbial goalposts.
Am I wrong is saying that the Scottish Premiership are looking at ways to complete the season just now?
Also am I wrong to point out that our football associations tend to follow what happens in England where there is a push to complete the EPL so doors may open soon?…

18 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You mean like Raith Rovers accepting a title they haven't won when Falkirk, East Fife, Montrose and Airdrie were also still in the race? Must be a mutant Fifer thing.

Still taking it well I see. 

Lads, lads, lads (ladies and LGBTQ are also available), please, stop getting your panties in a bunch over this. League reconstruction ain't happening, the sop of "let us get the leagues finished now and we might possibly look at some form of league reconstruction in the future" was believed by far too many people at football clubs when they should have known better, having dealt with that duplicitous toad Doncaster over a number of years. If we see any form of league reconstruction before the next season starts, whenever that may be, I'll pay $100 to Donald Trump's re-election fund, OK?

Lads, lads, lads (ladies and LGBTQ are also available), please, stop getting your panties in a bunch over this. League reconstruction ain't happening, the sop of "let us get the leagues finished now and we might possibly look at some form of league reconstruction in the future" was believed by far too many people at football clubs when they should have known better, having dealt with that duplicitous toad Doncaster over a number of years. If we see any form of league reconstruction before the next season starts, whenever that may be, I'll pay $100 to Donald Trump's re-election fund, OK?

If you do, consider yourself exiled from TFS too.....

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Ahh, but I didn’t say it was being led in Scotland did I?
So stop moving the proverbial goalposts.
Am I wrong is saying that the Scottish Premiership are looking at ways to complete the season just now?
Also am I wrong to point out that our football associations tend to follow what happens in England where there is a push to complete the EPL so doors may open soon?…

4 points there,

1, No you didn't so the point (unlike the league) is null & void. 😉

2,😃 Somebody has to be sensible here!

3,No but they (SFA?SPFL) are just prevaricating and awaiting UEFA giving the green light. everyone knows it.

4,Usually yes, but England has the ability to screen all closed doors games (probably even in HD) to everyone that wants it.  Scottish teams don't so TBH I just don't see this happening.

3 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

The semantics over whether they are being moved up or down, or what tier is which are irrelevant. A stated aim of the working group was to not unfairly disadvantage any team. As I've explained in my previous post, it is patently obvious that Clyde (and other sides) would be hugely disadvantaged by this.

Semantics was all I was arguing. I don't support the proposals.

2 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Yeah, we know you can go lower. We would suddenly find ourselves one relegation away from the LL rather than two.

You also find yourself 1 promotion away from the second tier/championship, which is where you are now. 

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Surely at the least that would have disadvantages all the teams that had invested for success and were winning their leagues?

What team, in any division, hasn't invested in their team in the hope they'll be successful? It's a daft viewpoint.

4 points there,
1, No you didn't so the point (unlike the league) is null & void. [emoji6]
2,[emoji2] Somebody has to be sensible here!
3,No but they (SFA?SPFL) are just prevaricating and awaiting UEFA giving the green light. everyone knows it.
4,Usually yes, but England has the ability to screen all closed doors games (probably even in HD) to everyone that wants it.  Scottish teams don't so TBH I just don't see this happening.

You may be right, in fact I’m pretty sure you are re games not starting in Scotland anytime soon, but then again, TV are more likely to be interested in exciting playoff games than a meaningless league game at the top of the SPFL when the league is already over (or are they?)......

Spfl board statement is frankly cringeworthy.  We had an investigation which said everything was cushty but as we're now going to have to have an egm we better start admitting that we made a complete arse of it but not deliberately it was because we didn't have enough folk. Honestly as amateurish as it gets ffs.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What team, in any division, hasn't invested in their team in the hope they'll be successful? It's a daft viewpoint.

It is and it isn’t, if teams were told that there was no promotion this season then they might have invested just enough to come in 8th. Did Cove look at the table in January and invest to get over the line?

5 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

It is and it isn’t, if teams were told that there was no promotion this season then they might have invested just enough to come in 8th. Did Cove look at the table in January and invest to get over the line?

Again, you could say that about any team. Forfar signed 6 players in January, Stranraer signed 3, Peterhead signed 4 - is that not those teams investing money to try and "get over the line"? But apparently the money Raith or Cove spent needs to be considered more important because they were top when the games stopped? Every club has lost money, you can't use that as justification for rewarding teams.

Edited by The Moonster

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Again, you could say that about any team. Forfar signed 6 players in January, Stranraer signed 3, Peterhead signed 4 - is that not those teams investing money to try and "get over the line"? But apparently the money Raith or Cove spent needs to be considered more important because they were top when the games stopped? Every club has lost money, you can't use that as justification for rewarding teams.

Fair point

Guest Ecosse83

Did I hear them say on sky the french league could be null and void? 

No wonder Lawwell and the spfl were desperate to force this through 🤣

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The Clyde situation certainly shows how regardless of what happens at least one team will be disadvantaged. 

It's not hard to see why Clyde and their fans are concerned. They're going to lose out on potential revenue from Falkirk and Partick Thistle to go back to facing mediocre crowds from Edinburgh City, Annan and Elgin. Certainly seems to be easier to try harder for a club with a 16,000 average attendance compared to one with a sub 1000 average attendance. 

It's not just the revenue from Falkirk, it's the guaranteed 12 points a season as well.