The SPFL recommendation?

36 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Of course all avenues should be exhausted but my point is if all else fails why shouldn't smaller clubs get a govt handout to ensure their survival, esp. with our clubs being some of the oldest in the world.Just my POV thats all.

They already are.

Why do Clyde care so much?
You will be playing against dross again with the exception of cove. Not telling me you don't fancy your chances winning that or coming second to get promoted to the new second tier...

You currently have no chance of that. A good season in the new league and you are there...

You are thinking short term disadvantages when the long term advantage is you are one good season away from some seriously big gates etc.

And yes if my team were in that position I would say go for it. If you build an unreal team then season 1 you win the bottom tier and get to championship or whatever it's called. Then have a season like Arbroath did last year and your in the premier League... Cmon guys just think of it.

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

No i want to save all/as many  clubs as possible.

But you paid for the banks.....that was okay.

I didn't say it was ok, but it was necessary because the mismanagement would have impacted millions had they failed.

How will a few football clubs going tits  up lead to the breakdown of society?

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

I didn't say it was ok, but it was necessary because the mismanagement would have impacted millions had they failed.

Listen to yourself. You think it didnt impact millions anyway?were u not weeping about the impact earlier.Are we not still paying for it.?

No arguing with a Tory voter.I'll leave this here.

Probably more than you are willing to accept.
Every expert tells us that a lot of petty crime relates to people who have nothing better to do.
Taking away football from local communities won’t help either....

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Every expert tells us that a lot of petty crime relates to people who have nothing better to do.

Don't waste your breath mate.It would be easier talking to the wall.

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

Listen to yourself. You think it didnt impact millions anyway?were u not weeping about the impact earlier.Are we not still paying for it.?

No arguing with a Tory voter.I'll leave this here.

Where do you get that from? And I was responding to someone who mentioned the impact of austerity. I'm perfectly familiar with it and I don't want it to get worse to make sure Dumbarton or whoever else can't convince their own residents and supporters to save them.

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don't talk shite are you seriously expecting a crime wave because football supporters have nothing to do on a Saturday?

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Where do you get that from? And I was responding to someone who mentioned the impact of austerity. I'm perfectly familiar with it and I don't want it to get worse to make sure Dumbarton or whoever else can't convince their own residents and supporters to save them.

Was it not labour that bailed out the banks anyway? Enough again of the political shite.   Football has the cash to save the clubs if it chooses to do so. There should be no need for govt handouts anyway.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Was it not labour that bailed out the banks anyway? Enough again of the political shite.   Football has the cash to save the clubs if it chooses to do so. There should be no need for govt handouts anyway.

It was but labour/tory nowadays more or less the same thing.Certainly under Blair anyway.Maybe today they're different.

1 minute ago, sirscottyoung said:

Why do Clyde care so much?
You will be playing against dross again with the exception of cove. Not telling me you don't fancy your chances winning that or coming second to get promoted to the new second tier...

You currently have no chance of that. A good season in the new league and you are there...

You are thinking short term disadvantages when the long term advantage is you are one good season away from some seriously big gates etc.

And yes if my team were in that position I would say go for it. If you build an unreal team then season 1 you win the bottom tier and get to championship or whatever it's called. Then have a season like Arbroath did last year and your in the premier League... Cmon guys just think of it.

My opinion, and I'm aware there's differences of opinion in this:

Our club put a financial investment into promotion. I'm personally not a fan of running up debt, or relying on a favourable cup draw, but that's the way it is. That investment was club-wide, with supporters groups and individuals making huge contributions. The plan now is to stick in League 1, where there is greater prize money and better attendances (even ignoring the rare sight of a Falkirk/Thistle down here). Even adding players in January will have been with that in mind. The financial loss from being in that division would be huge and not something we can easily adjust to. 

We are also a rare case as a club. We spent nearly 10 years in the second tier, finished second a number of times and had the Celtic win. We rode our luck sometimes, grossly overspent at others, but a lot of our fans see that as our level (rightly or wrongly). We've also just had ten years at an entirely different level. With nothing in between. Two complete polar opposites.

The culture shock going from competing with St Johnstone, Dundee, Falkirk etc. to playing the League 2 sides is stark. From minute 1 this season, against yourselves, there has been an obvious difference in the size of support and quality of footballer visiting Broadwood. It has been tremendously enjoyable and for me, the trips to Airdrie, Falkirk and Raith have provoked some brilliant nostalgia. We associate those venues with better times, we associate Borough Briggs and the like with misery. Going back there a year after the elation of promotion; you can't expect us to look forward to that? And I mean that as a representation of our history, not as a reflection on those clubs.

Going down a division would indeed open up a great opportunity in terms of the division above. I'd hope we wouldn't moan too much and instead focus on putting together a team that would challenge. However, I think the financial drop would seriously hit us. We would struggle to put together wages that would get close to Cove, QP and potentially Kelty. Possibly others like Peterhead and Forfar. I don't think we'd get close, and as we know only too well, when you get stuck at that level, it's a serious struggle to get out of it. 

4 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

It was but labour/tory nowadays more or less the same thing.Certainly under Blair anyway.Maybe today they're different.

No, Corbyn and McDonnell would have nationalised the banks in a heartbeat.

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Where did I say that?🤣