The SPFL recommendation?

Glass half empty [emoji106]

Clyde ahead of peterhead. Cove be a challenge, are kelty that much of a challenge? Don't think so

The fact they can throw cash about to sign players from the championship would suggest they will be a problem.

Barry Ferguson is a shite manager but their cheque book will be hard to compete against.

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Our clubs rely on gate receipts far more than most. In fact its 3 times more than the european average.

I know. But that doesn't answer the question.

The fact they can throw cash about to sign players from the championship would suggest they will be a problem.

Barry Ferguson is a shite manager but their cheque book will be hard to compete against.
The jobs they are giving said players on the side are the reason they are getting them in. Apprenticeships for them so that they have a trade behind them

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I know. But that doesn't answer the question.

I never said anything about majority I just said they rely much more than other clubs and that was due partly to shit tv deals and no sponsors.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

I never said anything about majority I just said they rely much more than other clubs and that was due partly to shit tv deals and no sponsors.

That still doesn't answer my question.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

That still doesn't answer my question.

In 2018 gate receipts made up 43 percent of clubs income with the average in europe being 15 percent. TV and sponsorship made up 36 percent.  I'm not sure how that will be next season with no title sponsor in place.  Noone expects us to have a situation like england where tv income dwarfs gate receipts but would be nice to see our tv deals being worth a decent amount this reducing the gap between it and attendances.

In 2018 gate receipts made up 43 percent of clubs income with the average in europe being 15 percent. TV and sponsorship made up 36 percent.  I'm not sure how that will be next season with no title sponsor in place.  Noone expects us to have a situation like england where tv income dwarfs gate receipts but would be nice to see our tv deals being worth a decent amount this reducing the gap between it and attendances.

For Scotland to get what you think is a decent deal from tv we would need to do what other countries do and sell every single game. That would mean staggered kick offs over the weekend so you would have a morning and evening kick off every Saturday and Sunday. These kick off times would affect every club in the premier and they could wave goodbye to any 3.00pm kick offs. This would inevitably lead to reduced crowds in the ground and clubs would become more reliant on tv money rather than in fans through the gate. Is that really what you would want?

8 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

For Scotland to get what you think is a decent deal from tv we would need to do what other countries do and sell every single game. That would mean staggered kick offs over the weekend so you would have a morning and evening kick off every Saturday and Sunday. These kick off times would affect every club in the premier and they could wave goodbye to any 3.00pm kick offs. This would inevitably lead to reduced crowds in the ground and clubs would become more reliant on tv money rather than in fans through the gate. Is that really what you would want?

Doesnt really affect my team at the moment to be honest so I couldnt really care less about when games are shown. But seriously though theres a happy medium there somewhere with a bit more cash and a few more games on the tv. 

13 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Maxwell isn't looking at the other side of that coin. Scotland has an unusually high percentage of attendance from population, partially due to Cetlic and Rangers of course, but there's decent attendances further down the divisions too. We also pay more, I think, than abroad.

The TV deal is largely for the top tier, with a few play offs covered. Only Alba are interested in lower league stuff and they're largely Government funded, when that cash dries up they'll be gone. The sad fact is you could barely give away tv rights for most of Scottish football. It isn't appealing enough for stations to sell advertising around.

4 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

In times of post-2008 austerity,

That would be post 2010 austerity. By the time of that year's General Election the economy was in recovery.  It was George Osborne's first budget that killed that recovery stone dead and entrenched austerity for a decade.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was it not labour that bailed out the banks anyway? Enough again of the political shite.   Football has the cash to save the clubs if it chooses to do so. There should be no need for govt handouts anyway.

Yes, but it was the Tories/coalition who made sure those not responsible were the ones who paid for it.

25 minutes ago, rockson said:

Yes, but it was the Tories/coalition who made sure those not responsible were the ones who paid for it.

To be honest I dinnae really give a f**k theres a politics forum for all that shite. Bad enough every time you turn on the tv to find a different 3 p***ks behind a podium spouting shite whether its lunchtime or tea time never mind talking about it in here. Rather just moan about my fitbaw team if that's ok.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

To be honest I dinnae really give a f**k theres a politics forum for all that shite. Bad enough every time you turn on the tv to find a different 3 p***ks behind a podium spouting shite whether its lunchtime or tea time never mind talking about it in here. Rather just moan about my fitbaw team if that's ok.

Everything you've posted about for weeks has been directly influenced by the Covid outbreak and political decisions since.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Everything you've posted about for weeks has been directly influenced by the Covid outbreak and political decisions since.

Doesnt mean I want to talk about George Osborne's budgets. Or who paid off the banks.

Edited by Shadwell Dog