The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder what the chairmen of those clubs on the cusp of promotion - say Dundee Utd - think about the much talked about sporting integrity if we introduce some bullshit 1 year reconstruction scenario, given the money they have spent nailing promotion this year?

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Mr Heliums said:

I'd imagine it's brinksmanship. If the clubs are paid now, what's to stop Rangers, Hearts, Dundee, ICT and Thistle blocking any relegation? The league will remain unfinished and that will put the new season, and the new TV deal into doubt. 

I don't think the new TV deal is under any threat whatsoever.

It'll just be dependent on when football starts up again.

If this season has to remain unfinished, then that's the way it goes. But there is absolutely no reason for the SPFL to hold the money back.

We know some clubs need it, so it should be paid out.

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Quite amusing to see duplicitous bun without the bus fare Scott Gardiner being painted as a paragon of moral fortitude. Even Dundee supporters, some of the most credulous in the country, saw though that charlatan.

Play the ball, not the man.

His moral virtue is neither here nor there. What matters is whether what he said is accurate.

Nobody that I've seen quoted anywhere has contradicted any of his quite public revelations.

You'd imagine that if he was talking shite, he'd have been quite publicly TELT by some other clubs. No?

Edited by JTS98

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I wonder what the chairmen of those clubs on the cusp of promotion - say Dundee Utd - think about the much talked about sporting integrity if we introduce some bullshit 1 year reconstruction scenario, given the money they have spent nailing promotion this year?

How would Dundee United be negatively affected by a temporary reconstruction?

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Based on what?

Why would it be?

Sky paid for it because they want to show Old Firm games. There will still be Old Firm games. Sky will still want to show them.

Every league in the world is going to be moving things around and guessing with kick-off dates, and hoping for the best in terms of the virus letting next season continue.

There's no more reason to fret over our TV deal than anybody else's. And it's very unlikely all the TV deals suddenly get pulled. People will be dying for fitba on the TV, Sky know this and it will suit them very nicely.

7 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Quite amusing to see duplicitous bun without the bus fare Scott Gardiner being painted as a paragon of moral fortitude. 

No-one's saying that - Gardiner has previous for being a twat - we all know that.

Maybe he was wrong to reveal what he did on Sportsound yesterday - I think it's a good thing that he did, though. 

Edited by paranoid android

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

What would the temporary reconstruction look like? 

Nobody knows. That's why nobody (except you) is pretending they know what's going to happen.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Honestly I'd be very surprised.. if there is football it will behind closed doors

Good news for the TV deal.

Just now, JTS98 said:

Nobody knows. That's why nobody (except you) is pretending they know what's going to happen.

I dont know whats going to happen -  as I said before, we dont have any skin in this particular game as we are mid table dross.

However, reconstruction means less money per team (assuming a larger top division?) so again, this needs an 11-1 vote (I know its boring, I have mentioned it 4 times already today but its true).

Also, Sky have signed a deal (as you note) based on assumptions of a number of Rangers/Celtic matches.

Changing the league would require adjustment to the deal - and given the economic situation that would seem to be madness.

But, hey - if it saves Hearts thats fine, eh?

My previous point re Dundee Utd - they have spent an absolute fortune to get promotion, I cant see them being happy if some shite like ICT who are utter crap get a leg up to the top table on the back of Hearts resolution.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, woolf said:

I can’t see it,this virus isn’t going to just go away.Some semblance of normality will be reintroduced but mass gatherings are a long way away.

😩

Seems certain.

Could result in a huge change in the TV deal. There's no way we lose a TV deal though. If anything, it might get much better.

The A-League in Australia has every game televised. If mass gatherings are banned, there's no reason for the SPFL and Sky not to discuss moving towards putting every game live on TV. Viewing figures would no doubt be strong since so many people will be at home quite a lot more than they usually would be.

These are unusual times and many things are uncertain. But fitba on TV is one thing that will be around for sure.

3 minutes ago, woolf said:

I can’t see it,this virus isn’t going to just go away.Some semblance of normality will be reintroduced but mass gatherings are a long way away.

😩

So only Hamilton matches then?