The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No one else really gives a f**k about Hearts going down either except Hearts. Is there a point to be made here?

Sporting integrity must be on holiday right now.

23 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Because it allows clubs to put their own self interest first.

if Hearts, Rangers and the the rest who voted no actually had the primary interest of the other clubs at the forefront of their thinking we wouldn’t actually be debating this.

we know why these clubs voted no and we know if has f**k all to do with them being concerned with the fate of others

Celtic only has the primary interests of other clubs at the forefront of their thinking?

41 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Honestly I'd be very surprised.. if there is football it will behind closed doors

No it won't be, a bit of silly thing to post mate. Closed door games would still risk peoples health and lives. 

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, but that's only because,

1. There's nothing else on so no competition

2. The initial novelty has already worn off.

If Scottish football restarts behind closed doors it will be competing against all the major leagues in Europe and some of the not so major, in other words it will be miles down the list of "essential viewing" for most.

Yes. But your average Scottish person doesn't really want to watch Juventus v Genoa.

All sport will be behind closed doors, so that's no disadvantage.

I think you're underestimating the lengths that people in general are going to go to to keep things going.

Your view of the future seems to involve Scottish football just sitting down and having a good cry before deciding to give up because it's pointless.

Nobody is saying we're suddenly going to be pulling 20million for Hearts v Hibs. If games are happening, they'll go on tv.

35 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Because it allows clubs to put their own self interest first.

if Hearts, Rangers and the the rest who voted no actually had the primary interest of the other clubs at the forefront of their thinking we wouldn’t actually be debating this.

we know why these clubs voted no and we know if has f**k all to do with them being concerned with the fate of others

You think Celtic voted yes for the good of others?

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

Celtic only has the primary interests of other clubs at the forefront of their thinking?

Sporting integrity 😂 the new we don’t do walking away. 

It seems to me that Celtic aren’t the problem here nor are they the barrier to clubs being paid

Edited by Jinky67

18 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Hearts have been quite public about their primary concern. It's in the statement they put out an hour or so ago.

Ahh yes the statement where Budge credits no one with any intelligence whatsoever.

League reconstruction where the biggest beneficiaries of such a proposal would be who? 

15 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The TV companies will be absolutely chucking money at us to screen Hamilton v Ross County behind closed doors.

Lol.

Safe distancing measure could be adhered to at this one 👍

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

I think I speak for the majority of non-OF fans when I say, "stop using the other as justification for your actions, the league contains 42 teams not 2".

To be fair this is not aimed solely at you @bennet, I've used your quote purely as demonstration, it's to everyone who posts "aye, but the other guys, they are/aren't doing this".

6 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Yes.

But, as has been discussed at length over the last couple of weeks, what is a 'season' and can it be redefined?

Again, why haven't the SPFL just said so if there is a reason?

Who is going to complain? Who will be arrested? What will they be charged with?

If the breach their articles then the Directors are guilty of a criminal offence.  This isn't a little private club that you alluded to earlier.  It is a legal entity that has to obey company laws.

I'm not getting what you think a season can be refined as that would allow the remaining games to be played yet be outside the "whole of the season".  This really is a case of cake and eat it.

The current SPFL definition of a season is

Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League Match in a Season and ending on the date of the last League Match in the same Season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the Close Season;

57 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Temporary reconstruction can f**k off

Either reconstruct the league or don’t 

It's a pathetic proposal to be honest. 

It reads. 'Please don't relegate us, let another couple of clubs up for a season and then go back to 12 teams season after next as we don't want to risk less home games vs the OF long term' 

Just now, JTS98 said:

Yes. But your average Scottish person doesn't really want to watch Juventus v Genoa.

I think you're underestimating the lengths that people in general are going to go to to keep things going.

Your view of the future seems to involve Scottish football just sitting down and having a good cry before deciding to give up because it's pointless.

Nobody is saying we're suddenly going to be pulling 20million for Hearts v Hibs. If games are happening, they'll go on tv.

Well, they probably should, Serie A is a fantastic league with lots of goals (especially when Atalanta play) and is actually very competitive and exciting.

Being an Ayr season ticket holder I enjoyed watching the Championship matches on a Friday night mainly because they're very competitive and I'm familiar with most of the players etc, ok they're not necessarily great in quality but being on BBC (mostly) they're also free. Then again as a neutral and a gambler I have absolutely no interest in watching Hamilton V Celtic or Ross County v Rangers namely because the result is almost certainly a foregone conclusion, there's no decent market for a gamble and it's really just a vehicle to further enhance and push the profile of the two Glasgow clubs.

I'll admit to having the full package with Virgin which included Sky, BT and also Premier but I was finding myself increasingly watching the Scottish Championship matches on the Friday (BBC & BT) plus La Liga, Serie A and the big Primeira matches involving Porto, Sporting & Benfica playing one another (All Premier Sports), furthest down my list was actually the English Premiership and Scottish Premiership, yet ironically that's what was costing me the most money with Sky.

Crystal Palace v Bournemouth or Sevilla v Valencia ? Only one winner there and it wasn't English. Likewise you were getting Man City and Liverpool at home with crazy odds ranging from 1/5 to 1/20 with the opposition sticking 11 guys behind the ball and just praying to only lose 2-0 or 3-0, that's just pathetic, and nobody wants to be watching mince like that.

I actually cancelled everything about 4 weeks back and if and when things restart I'll only be adding Premier for £9 per month.

In a nutshell I'll NEVER return to paying Sky the silly money for their English offering alongside all that American dross and Womens fitba that they keep trying to shove down our throats and I'd doubt if I'm alone in that.

24 minutes ago, woolf said:

You think Celtic voted yes for the good of others?

Doesn’t matter what I think. What I know is there is one club who voted no and forwarded a league construction proposal to which only one club benefits....the one who avoids relegation which is funnily enough the proposer. Imagine that 😂

It’s desperation that I haven’t seen since 2012 yet we are to swallow this is done from a position of concern for the greater good 

Celtic will be here next season no matter the outcome, we will still be going for the title wether that be 9 or 10, we will still be here. I’m not so confident Hearts may be if the outcome doesn’t go in there favour so it seems to me Hearts by far and away have more to lose and stand to benefit the more 

Edited by Jinky67

33 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Is that not exactly what they're doing right now with this vote ??

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Doesn’t matter what I think. What I know is there is one club who voted no and forwarded a league construction proposal to which only one club benefits....the one who avoids relegation which is funnily enough the proposer. Imagine that 😂

It’s desperation that I haven’t seen since 2012 yet we are to swallow this is done from a position of concern for the greater good 

Celtic will be here next season no matter the outcome, we will still be going for the title wether that be 9 or 10, we will still be here. I’m not so confident Hearts may be if the outcome doesn’t go in there favour so it seems to me Hearts by far and away have more to lose and stand to benefit the more 

Strange stance for someone who’s club always demands “clarification”!

Ra sellik vote to confirm themselves as 9IAR winners and it’ll be forever known as ‘not really 9IAR’, notwithstanding the current points distance. 

OR

Ra sellik reset the meter and start again. If I were a sensible sellik fan (obvs not!) I’d be all over that option. (I think). 

45 minutes ago, bennett said:

No it won't be, a bit of silly thing to post mate. Closed door games would still risk peoples health and lives. 

This coming from a zombie that wants the season finished no matter what..(for sporting integrity ha) so what's your proposal Vicky?

35 minutes ago, strichener said:

If the breach their articles then the Directors are guilty of a criminal offence.  This isn't a little private club that you alluded to earlier.  It is a legal entity that has to obey company laws.

I'm not getting what you think a season can be refined as that would allow the remaining games to be played yet be outside the "whole of the season".  This really is a case of cake and eat it.

The current SPFL definition of a season is

Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League Match in a Season and ending on the date of the last League Match in the same Season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the Close Season;

Didnt really want to comment on your post, just bring it to the front as its one of the few sensible things posted on this thread today.

Edited by Green Day