The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

It's now about 48 hours on from the Dundee farce and the SPFL board have come up with no convincing explanation for the events surrounding that. Who spoke to whom and when? Is there any connection between any communications with Dundee and their failure to simply resubmit? Are Dundee being 'induced' to change their vote? If so, by whom?

And, of course, they still haven't answered the question of why they keep insisting that they cannot give out money to their own members without drawing a line under the season.

It's hard to avoid drawing the conclusion that somebody is manipulating this. And when asking who that is, it is perhaps most sensible to ask who benefits most from simply calling the season as it lies.

It is becoming increasingly difficult in the face of the unanswered questions and illogical justifications around this, and considering who has most to gain from this attempt to railroad the process, not to look towards the east end of Glasgow.

Well, tbf, Dundee Utd, Raith Rovers and Cove all benefit immensely. But - call this a wild guess - they don’t have supporters on the SPFL board, do they?

Could it be that the SPFL can’t be sure that they’ll actually have the funds available for distribution ?.....eg maybe the funds include money still to be paid to them by sponsors or broadcasters. Or if all such funds have already been received by the SPFL , maybe they’re concerned about possible claims for repayment against them by the sponsors or broadcasters etc in the event of the final league placing having  to be declared without all of the games having been played.

Pure speculation on my part. And if the reason is something along these lines , or any other reason , why won’t they just say so ?

I see Budge is now proposing a one year reorganisation of the league which - rather handily - means Hearts wont be relegated regardless of the circumstances.

As I am sure she knows, it needs an 11-1 top league vote for that to pass Go.

Face Palm GIF

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, A96 said:

Pure speculation on my part. And if the reason is something along these lines , or any other reason , why won’t they just say so ?

They haven't said why in public and they haven't even leaked a reason why to a friendly journalist or pal on Twitter or whatever.

The lack of a leak or rumour of a leak is the most damning thing for me. It makes it seem like there is just no reason.

17 hours ago, JTS98 said:

It doesn't though, does it?

You keep digging though.

It's quite funny to think of the police kicking down the door at SPFL HQ and screaming "WHO THE f**k SENT MONEY TO ALLOA?"

They're not on the board. Same old Alloa, always cheating...

Edited by Pet Jeden

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I see Budge is now proposing a one year reorganisation of the league which - rather handily - means Hearts wont be relegated regardless of the circumstances.

Face Palm GIF

Is she meant to just take a three million quid hit?

Textbook business management that would be. What would you have her do?

She's keeping every option that benefits her business on the table. It's called negotiation.

Edited by JTS98

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Face Palm GIF

The 11-1 thing is the main reason I think it won’t happen. If she comes up with a master plan that sees clubs being looked after financially then she could be in luck. Be interesting to see what she comes up with. 

I know this wont be popular with the Hearts chaps but - to reiterate - Budge needs an 11-1 vote in her favour for that "fantasy island" 1 year reorganisation to pass.

Celtic wont back it, Hamilton, St Mirren - highly unlikely.

Hibs have already said they dont back a restructure.

I havent ever started on the implications for the TV deal...............

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

They haven't said why in public and they haven't even leaked a reason why to a friendly journalist or pal on Twitter or whatever.

The lack of a leak or rumour of a leak is the most damning thing for me. It makes it seem like there is just no reason.

Aye, can’t argue with that.

But also , unless I’ve missed something (which is quite possible) , have any of the various representatives for the numerous clubs that have issued public statements or been interviewed made it clear that they also require the SPFL to provide an explanation as to why they can’t distribute the funds ?    As far as I can see it’s only the likes of Michael Stewart (as well as many mere fans) that are calling for an explanation.

25 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

If Robertson is involved in any decision making at the emergency SPFL meeting & considering his clubs current position regarding SPFL jiggery pokery, does this not raise questions of a conflict of interests.

Surely for the purpose of "sporting integrity" he has to decline to attend or be excluded from taking part ?

It’s a fair point - and if it gets to legal proceedings, as a minimum he’ll have to not vote. Don’t you think McLennan will have to stand aside too, or does he no longer have financial links to a Celtic main shareholder? What about Karyn McCluskey - it would be good to know if she had allegiances  to any team that stands to gain from these decisions.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, A96 said:

Aye, can’t argue with that.

But also , unless I’ve missed something (which is quite possible) , have any of the various representatives for the numerous clubs that have issued public statements or been interviewed made it clear that they also require the SPFL to provide an explanation as to why they can’t distribute the funds ?    As far as I can see it’s only the likes of Michael Stewart (as well as many mere fans) that are calling for an explanation.

Hearts' statement of a few minutes ago:

"In my (Budge's) earlier statement, I also indicated that I did not accept the position being argued by the SPFL that the only way to make much needed funds available to members was to pass this Resolution. It is difficult not to argue that linking the vote in this way to releasing funds, was an attempt to unduly influence the outcome of the vote."

Hearts saying they believe this insistence is simply a ploy to get the vote through. The SPFL have said nothing whatsoever to discredit Hearts' view on this. Hearts have argued this point consistently and it has not been dealt with.

ICT's Scott Gardner also said on the radio that he brought this up in an SPFL meeting and was not given a good reason for it.

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Hearts lads becoming increasingly desperate.

Your going down boys.

Better get used to it.

No desperation,we’ve been terrible for a year and it’d be likely we’ll finish bottom if the league was to ever get completed.Most of us have accepted that.
That said,would you just expect us to fall on our sword and not pull up the SPFL farce,as you lot would say “we demand some clarification”.

No desperation,we’ve been terrible for a year and it’d be likely we’ll finish bottom if the league was to ever get completed.Most of us have accepted that.
That said,would you just expect us to fall on our sword and not pull up the SPFL farce,as you lot would say “we demand some clarification”.
Not at all, big changes needed. Hopefully in this is the end for Doncaster.

I've wanted a bigger top flight for a while. Maybe it'll happen. Too many clubs with vested interests though.

The meltdown is becoming most amusing.

The SPFL have made a rip roaring c**t of this however I don’t think payments should be made until,a consensus on the way forward is reached. Self serving fuckers wanting seasons null and voided or concluded without promotion/relagation etc all have their own self interest way ahead of those who are most likely to suffer. The irony of ICT and them not wanting to relegate teams, they were quite happy to pull that particular trigger in 2012 though when it suited them 

Hopefully it motivates these clubs to screw the nut, conclude the season as its looking increasingly unlikely it will happen soon, pay out prize money based on league position and then everyone can focus on staying safe and keeping healthy until this shit is gone

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

The SPFL have made a rip roaring c**t of this however I don’t think payments should be made until,a consensus on the way forward is reached.

Why not? What possible good comes from keeping the money back from the clubs?

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Not at all, big changes needed. Hopefully in this is the end for Doncaster.

I've wanted a bigger top flight for a while. Maybe it'll happen. Too many clubs with vested interests though.

Im in agreement,time for a lie down 😄

3 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Why not? What possible good comes from keeping the money back from the clubs?

I'd imagine it's brinksmanship. If the clubs are paid now, what's to stop Rangers, Hearts, Dundee, ICT and Thistle blocking any relegation? The league will remain unfinished and that will put the new season, and the new TV deal into doubt.