The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 minutes ago, Lofarl said:
So if Dundee were holding out for some sort of league reconstruction in a hope that they would go up.  Then it stands to reason that one club must indeed go down.

I don't think that was ever the case - at best a 14 team top league would make the Championship not as tough - no United, Hearts or Inverness plus a weakened Ayr would make Dundee favourites - they would we'd probably f**k it up gloriously with McPake in charge!!!

Lets not rule it out though eh.

8 hours ago, Savage Henry said:
8 hours ago, Bohemian said:
emoji1.png unnecessary use of trousers IMO. Laptop on the table, legs under the table, sorted.

You can even crack one off if the meeting goes well.

I always thought that was compulsory anyway.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Right, so, you'll forgive me for asking this, but I'm still not sure exactly what either Rangers or their fanbase is annoyed about.

I'm going to be honest here, living in Govan, I'm not short of blue noses to ask, but of the 5 I've encountered recently every one has said "the league's done, there are far more important things to worry about, just call Celtic as winners and move on".

How long have you been following Scottish football? It is a pre-requisite that they always, but always, take the opposite stance from Celtic.

3 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Can I just shock you? I like league reconstruction. 

Here's the thing, I think most do too.

The problem for me is at this point it is that it seems a forced issue, which probably means a 2 season 14 team league then back to 12 (or maybe even 10) and I have the feeling that once clubs like Hearts are out of the bottom 6 they'll somehow feel different on the matter.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

How long have you been following Scottish football? It is a pre-requisite that they always, but always, take the opposite stance from Celtic.

I was just hoping for a better response than... "kafflics"

I maybe set the bar too high.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

The problem for me is at this point it is that it seems a forced issue, which probably means a 2 season 14 team league then back to 12 (or maybe even 10) and I have the feeling that once clubs like Hearts are out of the bottom 6 they'll somehow feel different on the matter.

I'd reluctantly settle for that tbqh. 

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Correct. Reconstruction is fine if the effects are far reaching and permanent. Who doesn't love a bit of variety over a season? I'd go the whole hog and have a fucking 18 team league with 3 up and 3 down.

But the fact is, Ann Budge thinks folk are buttoned up the back. 'Oh, lets have it for a couple of seasons so no-one feels the pain'. Yeah, call me cynical but that sounds like you are desperate to save your arse this season (which is fine) but don't want to potentially lose a home fixture or two vs the OF in the long term that a larger league would run the risk of.

Can't have your cake and eat it. If this is the route they want to go, then the league should be expanded and the effect should be permanent.

1 minute ago, SEETHING said:

I'd reluctantly settle for that tbqh. 

I'm sure you'd settle for a 6 month reconstruction at this point!

My, rather laboured, analogy was that reconstruction is that rather attractive friend you have your eye on but they are drunk and it would be a bad thing to take advantage of them at this time because you know come the light of day they won't really be that into you.

53 minutes ago, The DA said:

With the season officially over, who is the Premiership's 12th club, United or Hearts?

Season only officially over in the diddy leagues, of which you’re still part of until whenever next season starts.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Correct. Reconstruction is fine if the effects are far reaching and permanent. Who doesn't love a bit of variety over a season? I'd go the whole hog and have a fucking 18 team league with 3 up and 3 down.

I'd love to see how well an 18 team league (if given time to settle) would work. You'd need to give it 6 or 7 years though and you just know that won't happen.

btw, I'd be pushing for 4 teams down, with perhaps 2 automatic and maybe a 4 team playoff for the other 2 spots, if it was 18.

Which, as a St Mirren fan sounds like one of the least self preservationist things I could say!

If we do go to 14, I would be sorely disappointed if it stayed at 1+playoff.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Not according to Stranraer.

Yeah  I just read their statement ,which seems odd going by what some clubs were saying pre vote. 

If the cash sums are as low as the Stranraer statement suggests,  why did over 80% of clubs vote for it ? I imagine all clubs would have known in advance what they stood to gain. 

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I'd love to see how well an 18 team league (if given time to settle) would work. You'd need to give it 6 or 7 years though and you just know that won't happen.

btw, I'd be pushing for 4 teams down, with perhaps 2 automatic and maybe a 4 team playoff for the other 2 spots, if it was 18.

Which, as a St Mirren fan sounds like one of the least self preservationist things I could say!

If we do go to 14, I would be sorely disappointed if it stayed at 1+playoff.

4 down would be horrific. 

2 automatic and a playoff between 16th & 3rd like in Germany would be best.