Ground improvement/works thread

26 minutes ago, KirkyRobRoy said:

Take a night off, the village can do without their idiot for a bit

Half the clubs in the premier have plastic pitches, seems a strange level of football to be into if thats your stance...

Yip unfortunately half the clubs have plastic pitches.

Just now, Eadie is God said:

That’s because you watch football on a poor pitch.

Nothing wrong with Beiths pitch.

Apart from the slope 🙂

11 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

You cite these cages and plastic as almost a necessity to survive.  Clubs have survived for well over a century without it . There would have been far worse winters in the 60s/70s/80s when astro turfs were barely in existence.  

Land was cheap a century ago. A football club could buy land on the edge of town without much difficulty and only use it once a fortnight. Now, the cost of development land in or around a town is astronomical. The only way a football club can afford it is if the pitch is in use all week, and that means you need a plastic pitch.

The only non-league clubs I've known move into new grounds with grass pitches in recent times have been donated the land, like Linton Hotspur who have a 99 year lease at £1 per year.

The choices for most clubs are a plastic pitch, groundshare at an established club or disappear.

Rob Roy’s first 2 attendances 833 and 424 . Be hard to sustain big numbers but from Cumbernauld and having maybe lucky to get 100 and most were season ticket holders, they can now start generating decent matchday income . Along with sponsorship once they get every set up and add more facilities at the ground , they will have a great wee set up . If they add a few standing terraces they can increase the capacity for any future bigger games that come along . 

On 28/07/2024 at 12:43, FairWeatherFan said:

Anyone know what's happening with Finnart and Crownpoint? I see they're still down as using Springburn for now.

What I remember of crownpoint it's a athletics venue with big running track around it and miles away from playing surface. Can't imagine that set up is changing or Finnart themselves have decent money to do anything with the place even if they were allowed to. 

I see they were working with Glasgow life on a plan that would work for both before any occupancy agreement is signed. 

56 minutes ago, Junior supporter said:

Rob Roy’s first 2 attendances 833 and 424 . Be hard to sustain big numbers but from Cumbernauld and having maybe lucky to get 100 and most were season ticket holders, they can now start generating decent matchday income . Along with sponsorship once they get every set up and add more facilities at the ground , they will have a great wee set up . If they add a few standing terraces they can increase the capacity for any future bigger games that come along . 

Club have for sure did really well adapting to new surroundings in a short space of time with the club putting own stamp on the place already. 

Small things matter from gatemen taking note of everyone entering ,  to volunteers selling merch and season tickets as you enter the ground to stewards manning the car park. 

I am a Falkirk supporter for my sins but live in the area and been along twice now and enjoyed it each time i am now a new fan. 

With tweaks and improvements like you say possibly couple of small terracing areas with cover,  a hospitality area which i believe is coming then they will have indeed a great set up. Campsie hills also provide a nice backdrop like the old place must have. 

The social media output now is also top notch this has definitely been a player in generating local interest as i can testify. 

Keep up the good work KRR! 

* Some new pictures attached from online sources. 

Screenshot_20240801_092549_Gallery-1.jpg

Screenshot_20240801_092553_Gallery-1.jpg

Screenshot_20240801_092607_Gallery-1.jpg

Screenshot_20240801_092602_Gallery-1.jpg

Screenshot_20240801_092611_Gallery-1.jpg

Screenshot_20240801_092321_Focust-1.jpg

Screenshot_20240801_093441_Focust-1.jpg

14 hours ago, Junior supporter said:

There are a substantial number of 'ifs' in your post so I won't hold my breath for the improvements you're talking about to happen. KRR are probably just relieved to be back in their home town but it would be good to see a bit of graded terrace here and an enclosure there as time passes. I can just about see past artificial pitches if the stadium actually feels like it was built for spectators to enjoy the football. 

They have the money to do it .

They run the stadium. 

Sure other hurdles but that's a big two. 

They have a fantastic president leading the way  and new expertise helping them with off field issues so that's also positive. 

Two games so far (over 1200 people) everyone who has been and have commented has thoroughly enjoyed the experience as local facebook pages etc have shown.

Here's hoping other teams in similar situation get even half of what this is. 

Edited by Parkranger

8 hours ago, Parkranger said:

They have the money to do it .

They run the stadium. 

Sure other hurdles but that's a big two. 

They have a fantastic president leading the way  and new expertise helping them with off field issues so that's also positive. 

Two games so far (over 1200 people) everyone who has been and have commented has thoroughly enjoyed the experience as local facebook pages etc have shown.

Here's hoping other teams in similar situation get even half of what this is. 

their/your fanbase is historically low and once the initial novelty of the new ground wears off that is where attendance numbers will most likely return.

Want to ask of the folk who 'hate' artificial pitches a simple question, what are your reasons?

I personally have played and coached on grass and astro, oh and being from Glasgow played on the lovely ash pitches back in the day.

There are great grass pitches but there are also grass pitches that should never have been lined for a game of football.

I do not know the science behind the artificial pitch, but there is also a wide gap in the quality and noticeably the upkeep of some of them which I'm aware does not help maintain good quality.

The move away from ash to grass was a major improvement. Not saying in any way artificial is a step up from grass.

Do believe there is a place for both in the game. It depends on a number of factors.

Artificial pitches being installed on new builds, grass pitch beyond repair/maintenance, income generation.

There are of course a lot of stunning grass pitches and long may they continue.

It should not  be a competition between both but what is best for each individual pitch.

37 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Want to ask of the folk who 'hate' artificial pitches a simple question, what are your reasons?

I personally have played and coached on grass and astro, oh and being from Glasgow played on the lovely ash pitches back in the day.

There are great grass pitches but there are also grass pitches that should never have been lined for a game of football.

I do not know the science behind the artificial pitch, but there is also a wide gap in the quality and noticeably the upkeep of some of them which I'm aware does not help maintain good quality.

The move away from ash to grass was a major improvement. Not saying in any way artificial is a step up from grass.

Do believe there is a place for both in the game. It depends on a number of factors.

Artificial pitches being installed on new builds, grass pitch beyond repair/maintenance, income generation.

There are of course a lot of stunning grass pitches and long may they continue.

It should not  be a competition between both but what is best for each individual pitch.

As mentioned in this instance excellent facilities,  great positivity and backing from community,  club has a bright future . 

Back to grass Saturday i see at cumbernauld let's hope the pitch plays true and isn't dry bumpy and horrible.