League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, Ric said:

You already made it personal. You said you wouldn't believe anything I said.

No, I'm asking you a very simple and relevant question.

Do you believe the St Mirren board would have sat and quietly accepted relegation if this had happened a year ago?

It's not a difficult question. What do you reckon?

Also, I never said I wouldn't believe anything you said. Please don't misquote me.

Edited by JTS98

31 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Sleekit and snidey ffs😂  I said at the start I didnt want to see Hearts go down like this and I think it was a perfect excuse for reconstruction but Budge herself has made an absolute c**t of it.  

Perfect for reconstruction to what, exactly?

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

Please stop making obviously sensible points?

No.

The bottom line is that we all know deep down that relegation based on a season that was never completed is wrong.

"we" being Hearts fans. The rest of us know fine that if it had been our clubs sitting bottoms of the league in this scenario we'd have been relegated without hesitation.

We also know that if this had happened this time last year, St Mirren would have been making exactly the same argument Hearts are making now. Of course, St Mirren's desire to be saved from a relegation battle by just arbitrarily stopping the season now doesn't seem to be attracting the same scorn as Hearts' self-interest.

Yes just arbitrarily stopping the season, that's exactly what's happening here. There's a global pandemic which has shut down shops, schools, businesses, sport, entertainment, people leaving their houses etc, but st Mirren have just decided to randomly stop the Scottish Premiership football season because they're currently safe from relegation.

And the final point is one that I've brought up repeatedly but never had an answer to. If this is all about saving Hearts as a 'big club', then why did this not happen in 1999 when we were bottom with 8 games to go? Why did this not happen in spring 2013 when we went into administration and were obviously going to be relegated a year later? Why only now?

Because there's a global pandemic this year, not in those other years? 

The clear answer is that everybody understands that what is happening just now is basically unfair.

Don't get involved it's a trap. Don't get involved it's a trap. Don't get involved it's a trap. Don't get involved it's a trap. Don't get involved it's a trap. Don't get involved it's a trap. Don't get involved it's a trap. Don't get involved it's a trap. Don't get involved it's a trap. Don't get involved it's a trap. Don't get involved it's a trap. Don't get involved it's a trap.

ah f**k.

And used that year to give their young players a years experience, ditch all their highly paid players contracts, and still get their normal revenue meaning they were perfectly set up for the Championship season with money to spend.

But I do hope that they keep whining about unfairness.

Dry your eyes.
In that particular instance, you held off going into administration until Dundee were relegated in order to get another year in the top flight.

It's also utterly irrelevant. We are talking temporary league reconstruction.

Now are you asking me would St Mirren demand temporary league reconstruction and if it didn't happen we would take the SPFL to court? If that's the question, then no, I do not believe they would.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

I can't quote you because of the way you've replied to my post, but a couple of obvious things stick out.

1) As a football fan, how do you feel about the general concept of Club X being relegated based on a season that was never finished and that was curtailed at relatively short notice? Are you genuinely absolutely cool with that?

2) I think you've chosen to misinterpret my use of the word arbitrary. It makes perfect sense in as much as that this could have happened at any other week this season or in any other season. This is 'arbitrary'. In a season that was meant to have 38 games we are now saying that 30 is fine.

3) Yes, it's true that there was not a global pandemic in those seasons. But that's exactly my point. Nobody has ever suggested saving Hearts from relegation in any other season. The fact it is even being discussed this year is because of the exceptional circumstances. I find it hard to believe that if St Mirren, or Accies, or Motherwell, or St Johnstone were bottom of the league you wouldn't be able to see the unfairness of relegation and all that entails being based on a season that was shortened.

53 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

watch with serenity

19 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

So you wouldn't have made the same point if this had happened this time last year?

I simply do not believe you.

15 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Please stop making obviously sensible points?

No.

The bottom line is that we all know deep down that relegation based on a season that was never completed is wrong.

We also know that if this had happened this time last year, St Mirren would have been making exactly the same argument Hearts are making now. Of course, St Mirren's desire to be saved from a relegation battle by just arbitrarily stopping the season now doesn't seem to be attracting the same scorn as Hearts' self-interest.

And the final point is one that I've brought up repeatedly but never had an answer to. If this is all about saving Hearts as a 'big club', then why did this not happen in 1999 when we were bottom with 8 games to go? Why did this not happen in spring 2013 when we went into administration and were obviously going to be relegated a year later? Why only now?

The clear answer is that everybody understands that what is happening just now is basically unfair.

14 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

So, indulge me.

How do you think you'd have responded to this if it had happened a year ago with St Mirren bottom of the league?

Keep in mind that St Mirren stayed up...

10 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Ok, let's make it less personal.

Do you believe that the St Mirren board would just have sat quietly and accepted relegation if the coronavirus pandemic had happened in early 2019 instead of early 2020?

As a fan, how would you have felt about that?

Keep in mind that St Mirren, bottom of the league after 30 games in 2019, were not relegated.

7 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

No, I'm asking you a very simple and relevant question.

Do you believe the St Mirren board would have sat and quietly accepted relegation if this had happened a year ago?

Also, I never said I wouldn't believe anything you said. Please don't misquote me.

192321069-929daf04-003e-4707-898e-55145cf18dac.jpg.72ab27596d73773246ce92cfb2d914ef.jpg

Guest JTS98
5 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's also utterly irrelevant. We are talking temporary league reconstruction.

Now are you asking me would St Mirren demand temporary league reconstruction and if it didn't happen we would take the SPFL to court? If that's the question, then no, I do not believe they would.

So how do you think St Mirren's board would have reacted? What do you think they'd have done?

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Interesting that you don't think someone can discuss something and feel serene at the same time.

Your problem, I'd suggest. I'm perfectly relaxed, yet happy to make the case for logic and ethics.

I can't quote you because of the way you've replied to my post, but a couple of obvious things stick out.

1) As a football fan, how do you feel about the general concept of Club X being relegated based on a season that was never finished and that was curtailed at relatively short notice? Are you genuinely absolutely cool with that?

2) I think you've chosen to misinterpret my use of the word arbitrary. It makes perfect sense in as much as that this could have happened at any other week this season or in any other season. This is 'arbitrary'. In a season that was meant to have 38 games we are now saying that 30 is fine.

3) Yes, it's true that there was not a global pandemic in those seasons. But that's exactly my point. Nobody has ever suggested saving Hearts from relegation in any other season. The fact it is even being discussed this year is because of the exceptional circumstances. I find it hard to believe that if St Mirren, or Accies, or Motherwell, or St Johnstone were bottom of the league you wouldn't be able to see the unfairness of relegation and all that entails being based on a season that was shortened.

Tranquil. 

Like a babbling brook or the birds chirping on a spring morning.

I'm glad you have shown in the space of under an hour since telling us all, just how you've found your inner peace in these trying times.

I think today hearts have guarenteed themselves to be shown alot of animosity for a considerable time.

Scottish football is in a bad enough place.if hearts got to stay up through some temporary reconstruction then Scottish football will be seen as corrupt throughout the world.

So how do you think St Mirren's board would have reacted? What do you think they'd have done?

Go and look at the top of this thread, it's called: League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Now go and re-read my post you quoted.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Tranquil. 

Like a babbling brook or the birds chirping on a spring morning.

I'm glad you have shown in the space of under an hour since telling us all, just how you've found your inner peace in these trying times.

I'd ask you to perhaps have the courtesy to engage with posts you quote.

I'm relaxed as f**k. You seem to think anybody making a point about something has to be frothing at the mouth.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

What about us? If you get 14,14,14 to keep yourself up because the season was not finished, we were 7th and well clear of dropping down. Why should we need to go back to Stirling, Annan, C'beath and Albion Rovers after getting promoted away from them 12 months ago (today)? Same for Peterhead, Forfar.

How do you reconcile that scenario?

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

What about us? If you get 14,14,14 to keep yourself up because the season was not finished, we were 7th and well clear of dropping down. Why should we need to go back to Stirling, Annan, C'beath and Albion Rovers after getting promoted away from them 12 months ago (today)? Same for Peterhead, Forfar.

How do you reconcile that scenario?

I've never said that's what should happen.

I'd ask you to perhaps have the courtesy to engage with posts you quote.

I'm relaxed as f**k. You seem to think anybody making a point about something has to be frothing at the mouth.

I am engaging with your posts.

I'm sitting here pishing myself laughing at them.