League Reconstruction 20/21 season

8 minutes ago, smc4761 said:

Bottom line is Accies had finished bottom, no one would have given a feck, about reconstruction, Accies fans aside,

For Budge its all about self preservation of her investment.

Accies winding up the SPFL for 7 seasons now

Actually I think that hearts are getting more flak because they're a bigger team. 

If Accies, St Boo, county, kilmarnock etc were in the same boat then they'd get a bit more support. No one should be negatively hit by this.

48 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52775835

Headline = "Hearts: No relegation ruin fears as reconstruction plans take shape"

Yet the article, as of 1430Hrs, says nothing that remotely relates to the headline.  The fucking BBC are getting as bad as the Evening News and Scotsman bigging the successful business woman up at every turn.

I'd be very surprised if they're relegated from the Championship...

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

You have still given exactly zero evidence as to why you think Sky would be able to (or even want to) weasel out of this deal if the season starts as scheduled and delivers the number of games that they paid for.

Evidence? You want me to produce a tapped phone recording of 2 Sky execs plotting? Looks inevitable. I suspect Doncaster thinks so too - which will be why he was so desperate to get this season curtailed asap

1 hour ago, smc4761 said:

Bottom line is Accies had finished bottom, no one would have given a feck, about reconstruction, Accies fans aside,

For Budge its all about self preservation of her investment.

Accies winding up the SPFL for 7 seasons now

And who exactly is giving a f**k other than Hearts fans?  

It's getting more coverage because we are a bigger club. It's pretty simple.

Edited by Tony Wonder

19 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

And who exactly is giving a f**k other than Hearts fans?  

It's getting more coverage because we are a bigger club. It's pretty simple.

He's meaning it would all have been done and dusted ages ago, and not still dragging on with reconstruction talks to try and save Hearts from relegation.

Theres zero chance Hamilton would be given two separate chances to reconstruct the league, or that they wouldnt have just been laughed down if they threatened legal action.

Hearts fans not seeing its them trying to bully folk around because they're a relatively big side are blinkered beyond belief.

43 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Evidence? You want me to produce a tapped phone recording of 2 Sky execs plotting? Looks inevitable. I suspect Doncaster thinks so too - which will be why he was so desperate to get this season curtailed asap

They wanted this season curtailed so that next season could start on time, mainly because that is when this new TV deal kicks in.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres zero chance Hamilton would be given two separate chances to reconstruct the league, or that they wouldnt have just been laughed down if they threatened legal action.

Hearts fans not seeing its them trying to bully folk around because they're a relatively big side are blinkered beyond belief.

Two chances? The first "chance" wasn't even allowed to be presented. 

24 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

A brave man taking on RandomGuy.

He'll play his ace card and bore you into submission.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I believe that's known as playing the man, not the ball. Is he wrong?

Yes. We haven't had two chances and it's a members organisation so we can present an option for discussion if we want.

Considering the uncertainties for many clubs - including some in the Championship incl. QoS and Dunfermline - regarding the ability to play football behind closed doors for a full season, is there a possibility that there might be an amalgamation of all teams ready and willing to try into one league for the season? I suggest this as clearly not all Championship sides look like they'll be able to compete.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-could-pushed-towards-financial-22072970?fbclid=IwAR2cGB0FSaaviNg43cqbIe8AwdP7j884HxozfUyMn-YTarolsPgse99Du7I

Let me specify by saying I am certainly not suggesting this as a preferred idea, but with the increasingly negative discussions that seem to be popping up regarding the feasibility for smaller sides to play under such conditions I wonder if such drastic action would need to be taken. I don't see clubs like Hearts and Dundee sitting idly by if only the Premiership was scheduled to play next season, and I can see the inherent risk in teams like QoS attempting to get through a full season with minimal income. I hope we don't have to come to a situation like that, but it feels like something that may have to be explored.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

How did Dunfermline get on the previous season when they had a full summer's notice?

Poorly 😄

But that down to naive management who severely underestimated the quality of the league and severely overestimated the squad. We signed guys like Paddy Boyle, Paul Burns Craig Easton and Mark Kerr for f**k sake! Our defence featured Alex Keddie and Jason Thomson!

14 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Yes. We haven't had two chances and it's a members organisation so we can present an option for discussion if we want.

But whats happening now - and its hilarious after all the mewling about Doncasters "briefings" in that other vote - is that Budge is holding off presenting anything (despite having had weeks now to come up with the plan) and clearly using her wee pals in the BBC to push an agenda to suit Hearts and pressurise other clubs.

First we have stories of financial meltdown at Tynecastle, then we hear that - quelle surprise - they actually have a few quid after all.

What was amusing listening to Sportsound, Lachlan Cameron the Ayr Utd chairman was asked about the supposed consensus amongst championship tams to play an 18 game championship  - News to him, he said  nobody's discussed this with him.

5 minutes ago, Green Day said:

But whats happening now - and its hilarious after all the mewling about Doncasters "briefings" in that other vote - is that Budge is holding off presenting anything (despite having had weeks now to come up with the plan) and clearly using her wee pals in the BBC to push an agenda to suit Hearts and pressurise other clubs.

First we have stories of financial meltdown at Tynecastle, then we hear that - quelle surprise - they actually have a few quid after all.

What was amusing listening to Sportsound, Lachlan Cameron the Ayr Utd chairman was asked about the supposed consensus amongst championship tams to play an 18 game championship  - News to him, he said  nobody's discussed this with him.

Heard that as well from Cameron,  I think that's more evidence of the communication between clubs and the SPFL being a joke though rather than it not being an option.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

How many separate times has Budge been "head" of creating a reconstruction plan?

43 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Considering the uncertainties for many clubs - including some in the Championship incl. QoS and Dunfermline - regarding the ability to play football behind closed doors for a full season, is there a possibility that there might be an amalgamation of all teams ready and willing to try into one league for the season? I suggest this as clearly not all Championship sides look like they'll be able to compete.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-could-pushed-towards-financial-22072970?fbclid=IwAR2cGB0FSaaviNg43cqbIe8AwdP7j884HxozfUyMn-YTarolsPgse99Du7I

Let me specify by saying I am certainly not suggesting this as a preferred idea, but with the increasingly negative discussions that seem to be popping up regarding the feasibility for smaller sides to play under such conditions I wonder if such drastic action would need to be taken. I don't see clubs like Hearts and Dundee sitting idly by if only the Premiership was scheduled to play next season, and I can see the inherent risk in teams like QoS attempting to get through a full season with minimal income. I hope we don't have to come to a situation like that, but it feels like something that may have to be explored.

In what way do you 'not see Hearts and Dundee sitting idly'? What are they going to do about it, break away or line up glamour friendlies instead?

If Dundee and Hearts had secured a place in the top flight then they would be able to play football behind closed doors, as it is feasible and quite possibly necessary at that level for a short period of time. Instead they were utter dung and so are stuck in a lesser division with much smaller budget clubs and where a closed door restart is neither of things. That's just tough. 

30 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Heard that as well from Cameron,  I think that's more evidence of the communication between clubs and the SPFL being a joke though rather than it not being an option.

When exactly did the SPFL come out and state that an 18 game season was on the cards?

Going by what various chief executives have said the clubs as well as SPFL executives are considering lots of options right now for different levels: which makes total sense given the high level of uncertainty about what restrictions will remain in place by August never mind October. As soon as one of these back of a fag packet ideas hits daylight though the otherwise story-starved Scottish football media presents it as The Definitive Restart Package and then asks clubs to respond to it. 

Edited by vikingTON

4 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

All seems to be doom and gloom scenarios coming from the championship and nowhere else,

They're like bairns wanting a sweetie.

I'd be surprised if the vast majority of Championship doom and gloom statements right now couldn't be sourced back to a half finished main stand in Gorgie.