League Reconstruction 20/21 season

I'm glad you have formed an orderly queue to thank Anne Budge for bringing this man and his money to the table. You should probably ask yourself how Ann Budge can attract this money to Scottish Football, but Docaster on his ridiculous salary fails miserably.   It's almost like over and above the tribal hatred there is a fair bit of misogyny going on among some of you.
What a about a job swap?

Come now, let's nip this in the bud. The only person claiming successful businesswoman Ann Budge is responsible for Anderson punting in millions is successful businesswoman Ann Budge herself and she clearly did it as some attempt to leverage favour for her club. When she was called out on that little petty bluff it immediately became clear the offer was unconditional.

The only person who should be thanked is successful businessman James Anderson.

27 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I'm glad you have formed an orderly queue to thank Anne Budge for bringing this man and his money to the table. You should probably ask yourself how Ann Budge can attract this money to Scottish Football, but Docaster on his ridiculous salary fails miserably.   It's almost like over and above the tribal hatred there is a fair bit of misogyny going on among some of you.

Personally I think the timing right on the back of the interview was a huge mistake. Let’s be honest it was always going to be highlighted as a bit of a bribe even if it’s not. Doncaster jumped straight in and as we know went direct and if his statement is correct it sounds very positive. I actually think Budge does deserve credit for putting this together and many clubs should benefit.  I think the backlash may come from Hearts supporters with some already making it clear if they fail to stay in the Premiership the money should not be made available. On the one hand some want Scottish football to suffer and here they are now seeing a possible financial boost that’s come through Budge. I fully expect the latest plan to fail and when that happens I can see more Heart’s dissenters. I’m still of the opinion that the longer this drags on it becomes more and more negative for Hearts the club, simply can’t see any positive outcome for them if it goes down a legal route. A huge amount of wasted money, supporters of other clubs turning against them, Hearts supporters themselves talking of boycotting away games which again will see no winners. 

Guest The Phoenix
1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You couldn't turn that down!

That didn’t get the volume of respect it deserved. 

4 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Personally I think the timing right on the back of the interview was a huge mistake. Let’s be honest it was always going to be highlighted as a bit of a bribe even if it’s not. 

After weeks of Budge getting pelters for not considering the fate of smaller clubs it's at least a change for her to be criticised  for actively trying to improve the lot of smaller clubs.

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

Arseholes could yet chase the guy away. Clearly not wanting the  publicity. He managed to stay anonymous for years while putting millions into Hearts. One single phone call with the SPFL and the Daily Retard have him outed within 24 hours. 

If he stayed anonymous then how do you know he was putting millions into Hearts?

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Arseholes could yet chase the guy away. Clearly not wanting the  publicity. He managed to stay anonymous for years while putting millions into Hearts. One single phone call with the SPFL and the Daily Retard have him outed within 24 hours. 

The Record is a shite newspaper, but it is their job to try and uncover this guy. Perhaps if Budge didn't go on national radio to mention him and lambast Neil Doncaster then the guy would've remained anonymous.

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

After weeks of Budge getting pelters for not considering the fate of smaller clubs it's at least a change for her to be criticised  for actively trying to improve the lot of smaller clubs.

She’s probably in a bit of a no win situation regardless simply because it’s always going to look like this is all about saving Hearts from relegation. The threat of legal action has been a mistake in my view, that just solidified that view.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

The Daily Record has no duty of confidentiality to James Anderson or the SPFL. Anyone anonymously trying to influence public life via power or money is perfectly fair game for journalists.

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

She's been pretty scathing about lower league clubs, and consistently so over many years so forgive me if I don't really buy into this Damascene Conversion theory.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Now who's gullible, to think that they actually meant that literally. 

Shut up. It was a projection of the knee jerk response of loads, who clearly couldn't understand the rules about accepting high amounts of unaccounted for money. 

12 minutes ago, Ric said:

She's been pretty scathing about lower league clubs, and consistently so over many years so forgive me if I don't really buy into this Damascene Conversion theory.

Alternatively put

People have been arguing for 278 pages on this thread that Hearts were daft for asking other clubs to vote against their self interest. Now they're complaining about "bribes"

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Alternatively put

People have been arguing for 278 pages on this thread that Hearts were daft for asking other clubs to vote against their self interest. Now they're complaining about "bribes"

Yeah, just playing, you've been generally pretty reasonable through all this TC. I shouldn't really be so nippy with your comments as I am with some others.

If it's just testing he's paying for then it's next to useless, and makes Budge come across (somehow) even worse. 

Money just for testing isn't going to help clubs who can't run without their usual income sources. Sounds like a bit of a 'bribe' from Budge to try and ensure that games are played. In theory not terrible, but in practice more arrogant and ill thought out nonsense that doesn't take reality in to account.

29 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Obviously not enough for Hearts not to ask their players to take a 50% pay cut