League Reconstruction 20/21 season

5 hours ago, SJP79 said:

How much is he worth ?

I think he just gets paid for looking after other people's money but from the press coverage you'd think he owned a third of Tesla and Amazon.

Just now, Romeo said:

What is it this guy wants for this money?

Fcuk, I'm agreeing with Romeo.

Definitely been out too long in the sun, awa to lie down.

So testing could cost 100k per year, per team. This guy is just handing over 4.2 million quid for f**k all?

Hope this isn't that coresion that the big **** and the wee **** were in tears about?

This may yet turn out to be absolutely nothing, who knows, but at least it might make the posters on the Sportsound thread who were taking the piss out of the guys on the programme on Saturday for suggesting the the SPFL should talk to this philanthropist to find out if there was any basis to it, think before they jump in to pour scorn on things they know nothing about. It won't, but it would be nice if it did. 

I don't know very much about the guy, but it's fair to say the a) "he doesn't actually have any money" b) "but what does he want in return???" and c) "he just want publicity" takes don't hold too much water considering he's poured millions into Hearts for years for nothing in return (aside from a charity sponsorship) and almost nobody knew who he was.

If you think it's suspicious because he's a Hearts fan, fair enough. But in the absence of reconstruction which obviously isn't happening anyway, actually having a league to play in next season would be nice. That looks far from certain without some sort of cash injection.

At least we've got past the "he doesn't exist" conspiracy theories.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

This may yet turn out to be absolutely nothing, who knows, but at least it might make the posters on the Sportsound thread who were taking the piss out of the guys on the programme on Saturday for suggesting the the SPFL should talk to this philanthropist to find out if there was any basis to it, think before they jump in to pour scorn on things they know nothing about. It won't, but it would be nice if it did. 

Think it’s fair to say the SPFL only opened up to the prospect of talking to the philanthropist(s) directly when it was made clear by AB that there were no strings attached on the show on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Doncaster made it plain on Saturday that it was not just a matter of picking up the phone. Afraid I'll continue to take the pish out of gullible twats on Sportsound.

“I have had a number of conversations with Ann this week, including one that also involved another club chairman.

"I am delighted to have heard Ann’s comment on the radio this afternoon that there are, in fact, no conditions attached to this money.

“I had been under the impression that Ann was going to continue talking to the potential investors, but if it is now appropriate for me to talk to them directly, I am very happy to do so.

“Clearly, any income for our game, especially at such a difficult time, is something we would all welcome. I will be speaking again to Ann over the weekend and hope to be in a position to update our divisional meetings this week.”

16 minutes ago, DC92 said:

At least we've got past the "he doesn't exist" conspiracy theories.

I mean, I don't think many doubted the existence of the individual(s). More the motives and the assertion that they'd be giving this money away for nothing in a big paper bag dropped beside a bin under a bridge somewhere at 3:27pm on a Tuesday.

49 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Think it’s fair to say the SPFL only opened up to the prospect of talking to the philanthropist(s) directly when it was made clear by AB that there were no strings attached on the show on Saturday.

Absolutely. 

49 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Doncaster made it plain on Saturday that it was not just a matter of picking up the phone. Afraid I'll continue to take the pish out of gullible twats on Sportsound.

Explain how you feel that they were gullible when they were correct in that there was something in what was said by Budge?