League Reconstruction 20/21 season

8 minutes ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

Maybe not starting, but if or when season started  & Hearts, Partick& Stranraer  DID win court case where would that leave Scottish football

It depends how much they won. Each club would be liable to pay from next years pot based on their finishing positions as far as I'm aware. Say for example 3 million was awarded, it would be a £4000,000 bill for the first place team in the Premiership, going down to only £135,000 for 12th placed team.

This of course might not be accurate, but I don't think you'll get anybody else contemplating court costs to clubs on here.  Statements by Peruvian Ron and tight-lips McGregor seem to have   created an air of invincibility among the diddy team supporters.

3 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

It depends how much they won. Each club would be liable to pay from next years pot based on their finishing positions as far as I'm aware. Say for example 3 million was awarded, it would be a £4000,000 bill for the first place team in the Premiership, going down to only £135,000 for 12th placed team.

This of course might not be accurate, but I don't think you'll get anybody else contemplating court costs to clubs on here.  Statements by Peruvian Ron and tight-lips McGregor seem to have   created an air of invincibility among the diddy team supporters.

A sensible poster @ last

A court case wouldn't stop the season starting. Not sure where that nonsense started, but for some reason it keeps being quoted and brought up, despite being a bag of shite.

Any court case which Hearts raised would likely ask for an interim interdict to prevent the league season starting. If they were successful in that crave then that would stop the season starting

7 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Any court case which Hearts raised would likely ask for an interim interdict to prevent the league season starting. If they were successful in that crave then that would stop the season starting

Why would they ask for that and why on earth would it be granted?

Hearts know that asking for such a thing would jeopardise the Sky contract and could leave them open to being sued in turn.

Hearts would be absolutely mental to try and delay the start of the season, as not only would it not succeed but would cost them a great deal if the massively unlikely event it did.

But I doubt we'll be seeing legal action from Hearts.

58 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Partick are the one club I genuinely feel sorry for.  They have been relegated with a game in hand and two points off safety, so out of every club who has been "hard-done-by" they are the number one candidate to feel aggrieved.  Their statement "which club would find it acceptable if they were in our shoes? Not one of them" is ultimately very true.

But the timing of this is utterly rotten.  They have sat on their arses for 3 months now and not said a word, letting Ann Budge make an utter pig's ear of the league reconstruction proposal.  Why have the flipped from accepting the outcome with grace and dignity (which gained massive respect) to this grovelling mess when they have tried NOTHING to save themselves until now.  It is too late.  The game must move on and move on fast.  

Sure. You’ve been banging the drum for Partick for months. Not.

btw why no sympathy for Falkirk - one point beind Raith with a home game against them to come?

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hearts know that asking for such a thing would jeopardise the Sky contract and could leave them open to being sued in turn.

Hearts would be absolutely mental to try and delay the start of the season, as not only would it not succeed but would cost them a great deal if the massively unlikely event it did.

Yeah the analogy would be if Top shop took out a complaint against silverburn and asked for all shops in scotland to be closed. Laughable

2 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Thanks for replying, pal. Remember Edinburgh City have now been promoted into the SPFL, though I appreciate they're one of the diddiest of all clubs.

Hibs obviously have an Irish history, as reflected by their name, colour and badge, so I would have thought that must have some bearing on who one would support. Also I'd imagine if I were one of the 15% of Catholics that live in the city I'd probably not choose to support Hearts. I'm not especially familiar with Edinburgh, besides the touristy bits, but aren't the north and east of the city considered the less affluent areas, e.g. Muirhouse and Leith? 

A lot of my 'knowledge' of Edinburgh comes from Irvine Welsh's fiction, btw, which is why I asked in the first place. I can't imagine Renton, Sickboy, Spud and Bruce Robertson are exactly representative of Edinburghers, but I do like to think there's some truth in it somewhere. 

Yes  the Hibees Irishness will have some influence on who supports us.  My understanding is (and I could be wrong as I didn’t go to a catholic school) is that in catholic schools in the city Hibs are the main team supported with Celtic second and then the Jambos.  My gut feeling is that maybe around 30-40% of Hibs fans might describe themselves as catholics altho probably  a lot less attend Mass. 

The Jambos are the  more middle class/ the establishment team in the city - one of their nicknames used by hibees is the bungalow bairns.  Hibees are more left wing/ anti establishment/anti monarchy than the Jambos (we didn’t win the first world war!)  but of course that might be a very crude generalisation and oversimplification of the situation. Hibs support might well be stronger in the more deprived areas of the city, which are more to North and East of the City like Muirhouse and Pilton although Leith has become quite a desirable part of the city to live in these days. The West and South of the City is more affluent - Corstorphine and Morningside for example but in the less affluent parts of “Hearts end” like Wester Hailes, Sighhill and Oxgangs my feeling would be there would be more Jambos altho quite a sizeable Hibee minority.  Maybe a Jambo should offer his/her views to give “their” perspective?

I have heard it said more fans in Edinburgh overall support the Hibees rather than Jambos but Hearts have more fans in the Lothians than us  - Hearts having larger support in West Lothian and Midlothian than us - probably Hibs ahead in East Lothian.

But this thread is about reconstruction and the Jambos going down!

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why do you think  this is all about Hearts

12 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Sure. You’ve been banging the drum for Partick for months. Not.

btw why no sympathy for Falkirk - one point beind Raith with a home game against them to come?

I never said I was banging the drum for Partick.  I am saying I still feel sorry for them but it is too late now. 

Pet Jeden: the man with an IQ of a ham and white bread sandwich.