League Reconstruction 20/21 season

18 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Our form was improving while others were pish.  We put Rangers out the cup, then  thrashed your team 3-1 going on 5-1 at Easter Road. We then drew with a strong Motherwell team, but I'll concede we were shite against St Mirren, who needed a hand ball controlled goal to score against us in Paisley.

I do not believe we would have finished bottom of the league had we been allowed to complete the fixtures.  We'll never know because the SPFL allowed everyone a self serving vote. 

Care to comment on Random Guy’s last 6 match form table?

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is the form table from the Rangers cup game onwards...

Untitled.png.4165b91fc117d8f2e83845a3202fe6c4.png

Its actually quite incredible how deluded Hearts fans have become.

Add in their form against bottom half sides over the league season...

Untitled.png.62b0079e6aa0b820e2881d1f50797b53.png

... and its easy to see why Hearts were so confident of survival heading into the split.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is the form table from the Rangers cup game onwards...

Untitled.png.4165b91fc117d8f2e83845a3202fe6c4.png

Its actually quite incredible how deluded Hearts fans have become.

Oh dear.

Speak to your wife, she'll put you right.

image.png

image.png

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The only way you can get evidence is to put it into practice,we can look at the pro and cons all day long, we can also look at the stats from other countries why it works in one country and doesn't work in another.
The point I was making about not being Celtic players is Celtic release players before they make the first team and even before we can get them to sign a professional contract (Liam Morrison to Bayern) , Celtic can't control the conveyor belt of players they can only sign a limited amount. Lindsay to Ross county,McCart to inverness,Thomson to Dunfermline.

The trickle down effect is already in place with the players I've posted above, the ones you posted do you really think Celtic didn't know about these players at an earlier stage in their careers,Celtic will know about every player in the system in Scotland from at least the age of 13 and will try to sign them when they reach 16 again Celtic will be limited to the amount they can sign, it's not about stockpiling  it's about getting the best they can get, giving them a decent wage and a decent education through the coaches.

Celtic also take advantage of the trickle down effect from the position they find themselves in, the club is only a cog in the big machine because of the massive jump players need to make from reserves to first team Celtic sign players from Man city's U21 Frimpong, Southampton U21 Jonathan Afolabi Luca Connell from Bolton's U18's and Lee O'connor from Man Utd U21's in the hope the jump to the first team isn't as big plus putting them out on loan Afolabi to Dunfermline, O'Connor to Partick Welsh to Morton Aitchison to Forest Green.
To say clubs don't benefit from this is ABSOLUTE MINCE.

In terms of Europe I use the coefficient table as a indication of where the league is across Europe it's not a true refection but it's the only one you can use.

UEFA Country Ranking 2020 

Most Scotland squads of 25 players have less than 12 players playing in Scotland so your 75% is way off the mark. 

As much as that's true an idea in isolation that isn't backed by any evidence doesn't merit being put into practice. There would need to be something fundamental behind it that suggests it'll be good for Scottish football and that isn't there. There are next to no examples of players developing at that level in Scotland that have went onto be the required level needed to progress the national team, the only example is Robertson who was only there for a season before it was apparent he was at too low a level. To think just because there's a bunch of players playing together we'll automatically get a much better quality is far too big an assumption based on far too little. When you then factor in how much it'll negatively impact fans of other clubs it's rightfully a non-starter. Thousands would walk away (including me)

Your point on Celtic releasing players, surely the colts idea is a safeguard regarding this in many instances? It'll give them much more of a chance to assess them based on first team football & much more of a platform to develop into players good enough for Celtic or be sold at profit? This all benefits Celtic, I have no doubt about that but a benefit to Celtic is a detriment to other clubs. If there was no benefit to Celtic & Rangers they wouldn't do it. It's as you say self interest & there's no reason other clubs should back something to progress these clubs at very real risk of impacting themselves. The limited amount signed up will be the ones that are best quality or most financially beneficial, all of which has a knock on effect to other clubs with no real benefit anywhere bar Celtic & Rangers. 

I don't doubt they knew about them but they were three specific examples of players released from Rangers youth academy. My point is would Rangers have released players like Kenny McLean & Lewis Morgan if they had colts or would they have given them more time to develop? What if they reached their potential earlier with colt teams? Again all of that benefits the teams with the colts at the harm of other clubs. There will be many other examples of players that have left these teams and starred with smaller ones. The risk in colts making Celtic & Rangers youth academy better is it prices other teams out of the talent or limits who they can sign. Again Celtic & Rangers aren't doing this selflessly, it is literally the point in them having colts, to develop higher valued young players for these clubs. Why should other Scottish clubs support Celtic & Rangers in getting "the best they can get" at their own expense? It defies logic. Decent education, coaching and wages can be achieved through other means, we don't need to turn our lower league into a development exercise and turn probably thousands of fans away from Scottish football to do it. 

I am not saying teams don't benefit from it, I am fully aware they do. My point is B teams would not progress the trickle down effect for many clubs. If Man City & others had B teams in the English Championship which is clearly a higher level than pretty much all bar 2 Scottish teams, do you honestly think it wouldn't be a likely destination for someone like Frimpong?

Where a league is, is NOT automatically a good indicator for where a national team is, that's just common sense. Leagues contain 100s of players. That means if there are 13 better top flights above us, there's space for thousands of players from many different nations to be playing in.  

Fair enough about the national team point, the unfortunate thing is where the rest of the players come from. The last squad had 13 Scottish based players in it. Probably the highest rated other team represented was either Sheffield United, Alaves or Norwich. Take out McTominey, McGinn (at a push) and Robertson and the rest of the team is at an embarrassingly low level for a Scotland national football team. We have English L1 & a Scottish Championship player in there for crying out loud.  

We need vastly better players than that squad if we're ever going to be top 20 again & like I say, there is zero evidence colts will do it or are worth the experiment. Lets also not forget there's no mechanism in this vote to get them back out. The most likely scenario will be, it doesn't progress the national team, it does help Celtic & Rangers, and clubs are powerless to get them back out because of the voting structure. 

This is all a moot point though, there's no appetite for colts & from what Doncaster has said there likely won't be for a long, long time (hopefully never). Fan power again seems to have spoken, more fool the media, Celtic & Rangers for again trying to disregard the view of other teams fans. More fan ownership needed to further solidify the stance against ever having colt teams in Scottish football.  

2 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Oh dear.

Speak to your wife, she'll put you right.

You still didnt earn more points than Hamilton or St Mirren over that period, and had one more point than Ross County.

Untitled.png.a127d979106af1b68a8f2502d8481cfc.png

So what clubs were "in awful form" compared to Hearts? 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You still didnt earn more points than Hamilton or St Mirren over that period, and had one more point than Ross County.

Untitled.png.a127d979106af1b68a8f2502d8481cfc.png

So what clubs were "in awful form" compared to Hearts? 

I wasn't talking about Hamilton or St. Mirren, they had decent form. 

Ross County had worse form than Hearts since the turn of the year with no indication that it was going to improve. Tight-mouth McGregor had the audacity to say Hearts should take their medicine. :lol:

Maybe the judge will take a look at the fraudulent use of Football Club after the Hearts name, never known such a drawn out saga. IF clubs had voted to end the season using whatever method,then that's all folks. IF clubs voted to pause the season,that's different altogether. Judge says ' on the evidence before me,I firmly believe that Hearts would have won every game to be played' ⚖️

5 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I wasn't talking about Hamilton or St. Mirren, they had decent form. 

Ross County had worse form than Hearts since the turn of the year with no indication that it was going to improve. Tight-mouth McGregor had the audacity to say Hearts should take their medicine. :lol:

You'd picked up 2 more points than Ross County in 2020.