League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

It works for him on Kickback, which shows he needs to get out more, and see real life outside of his tinted maroon specs. These kickback posters gather up all their unchallenged "facts", then come on to an open forum thinking they'll post all these "facts" and nobody will be able to challenge them.

This nugget wont even answer any challenges and just keeps posting more unsubstantiated "facts" in a robotic way, it's like he can't comprehend what he's read on kickback, and been brainwashed into believing, might not actually be true.

It may well break him to admit he's wrong on everything he's posting.

We have a Psychologist on this site.

Northern Irish league, after three months of staunch "we're going to finish the 2019/20 season off" chat, has been forced (by UEFA) to curtail it after all. And they're going to promote and relegate teams based on the games that were played.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53129677

Edited by JamesM82

55 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Amusingly, Thistle's case is actually better than Hearts' one; they're disputing a vote which didn't end the Premiership season early but ended the three lower tiers. The SFPL might impress on the judge that Hearts assented to the season end decision (the unfair action that they claim hurt them) and did so knowing what they claim they didn't know at the earlier vote. They harmed themselves, essentially. There's a very slim chance Hearts get relegated and Thistle don't.

I don't think it would be a 12/12/10/10 - nobody's asking for that. It would be a case of the current league structure, but with only partial relegation/promotion.

I think the chances of the SPFL reversing promotions that have already happened are incredibly slim.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

David Winnie covered it all on Sportsound the other day.

Just listened to that today while walking the dog, wow it was frustrating listening. He found it hard to speak more than three words without long silent pauses and then followed up with a noise/word eehhhhhhhhh. 

1 minute ago, Spring Onion said:

Just listened to that today while walking the dog, wow it was frustrating listening. He found it hard to speak more than three words without long silent pauses and then followed up with a noise/word eehhhhhhhhh. 

Tbf he made it clear there's not much precedent for this and obviously didn't want to trip himself up making predictions for how this would go. At times he definitely struggled to make good radio simply because there was no easy answer to the questions.

Better than someone like Leslie Deans spouting partisan nonsense.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Tbf he made it clear there's not much precedent for this and obviously didn't want to trip himself up making predictions for how this would go. At times he definitely struggled to make good radio simply because there was no easy answer to the questions.

It would've been better if he had just said that every time, there were times when RG was even trying to finish his sentences to speed it up. It was very awkward, maybe with some technical guests like that it should be pre recorded and edited. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure how he practices his law, but if it's not all on paper and computer I'd have thought articulacy and ability to summarise the available facts and procedures coherently is pretty well a prerequisite. Probably thought he was getting asked to talk more about football rather than a full breakdown of the case and the Scottish legal system. Once it was clear he was struggling Richard Gordon should have switched tack instead of digging in.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

To be fair, MegaRichJambos isn't a Hearts fan. Just some random on a second account having a wee giggle to himself at the replies he's getting.

Lockdown can't be that boring, ffs.

46 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Northern Irish league, after three months of staunch "we're going to finish the 2019/20 season off" chat, has been forced (by UEFA) to curtail it after all. And they're going to promote and relegate teams based on the games that were played.

I don't think Cliftonville will agree with that...

47 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

But, but, but..... Don't they know Tom English and the rest of BBC Sport Scotland and Jambos everywhere say that's not fair....

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't think Cliftonville will agree with that...

Slightly off topic but what you reckon on Kieran Lucids and Niall Quinns All Island league proposals? Seems to have positive response down south and negative up Norrh?

4 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Slightly off topic but what you reckon on Kieran Lucids and Niall Quinns All Island league proposals? Seems to have positive response down south and negative up Norrh?

I think it's more the Irish League and the IFA aren't too keen on it rather than the clubs per se. Tbqh, it's that long since it was first mooted I've forgotten most of the details!

5 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

I feel the point still stands that colts are there to better develop youngsters, if they had done that with players like Morgan & McLean teams like St Mirren would have missed out. That's over £600k in income for us with more to come if McLean gets a big move in the future. It is a clear negative for other teams in progressing Celtic & Rangers. You can disagree, that's fine but IMO disagreeing with that hampers one of the fundamental points in colts developing young players. 

The point you're making about these two players isn't any different to what Celtic is doing, they may have been with rangers youth but they didn't sign a professional contract until they were at St Mirren at the age of 16, McLean also went out on loan to Arbroath the same thing that Celtic are doing plus Morgan went back on loan to St Mirren after he signed for Celtic.
You seem to be getting mixed up with 16 year old players and 18 year old colt players.there is no way St Mirren would've missed out on £600K. 

5 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

The cast offs maybe being a bit better isn't a plus for Scottish football.

All you have to do is ask fans on here,Jamie McCart at Inverness (now at St Johnstone),Joe Thomson at Dunfermline,Jamie Lindsay at Ross County(Rotherham) and Regan Hendry at Raith rov, all these players are cast offs as you put it, with Celtic not getting a penny because they were released,all Celtic did was give them a chance in the game with very little reward.
The trickle down effect may not be to your standard but the benefit to these clubs can't be denied.
I don't see any fans walking away from there clubs because they have ex Celtic youth players in their teams.

The fact that you don't rate any player in Scotland negates any point about the national team, in your mind players that leave Scotland and play at a perceived higher level are the players that should only be picked for Scotland,i'm not going around in circles debating this point.
I hadn't watch an EPL game for 5 years until the weekend I watch Norwich v Southamton to get my football fix, for me Armstrong is a far better player than McLean even thou you could still play them in the same midfield, even thou McTominey is playing for Man Utd McLean is a better player just one fans opinion after watching McTominey play against spurs.
The next time you watch Man Utd just watch McTominey he is good with the ball but without it hes fecking terrible he empties the midfield and doesn't track runners off him he still has a lot of learning to do.The level a player plays at doesn't justify his individual ability when he puts on the Scotland jersey.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

2 hours ago, MegaRichJambos said:

I never said it would be forced through. I would assume a vote would come into play.

Hearts obviously wouldn't accept that due to its likelyhood of being knocked back.

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think it's more the Irish League and the IFA aren't too keen on it rather than the clubs per se. Tbqh, it's that long since it was first mooted I've forgotten most of the details!

Yeah it's gone quite of late for obvious reasons.  If the money they were promising before the pandemic is still available it might be hard for anyone to refuse. I think they even upped the cash from the first proposal. FAI need it more than the IFA probably, leagues on its knees down south.