League Reconstruction 20/21 season

7 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

FTFY 

hows that 1 mill a month making a loss coming on?

I am not actually Dave Cormack but I believe we're managing it.

You know, adapting to the circumstances, taking our medicine...

5 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Well of course it doesn’t , but it is a more accurate version than the nonsense previously put forward. Although I see you have fallen in to the same trap as the troll, nobody is sacked, roles are simply redistributed after the annual staff appraisal process has been completed.

But it was earlier than usual, so "it's no' fair".

2 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Well of course it doesn’t , but it is a more accurate version than the nonsense previously put forward. Although I see you have fallen in to the same trap as the troll, nobody is sacked, roles are simply redistributed after the annual staff appraisal process has been completed.

No, the failure involves the fact that relegation is absolutely a recognised and necessary feature of how it works when you have different divisions in a football league set up.  

The trap involved attempting to address the "nonsense previously put forward" as if it involved enough parallels to be remotely relevant.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I see the Welsh have their whiny bitches too. English really in their case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53182025

Interesting, if we accept the arguement made by TNS then we would have to wind back to the point where each team had played each other twice. 

Which would make Celtic Champions and Relegate Hearts 

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No, the failure involves the fact that relegation is absolutely a recognised and necessary feature of how it works when you have different divisions in a football league set up.  

The trap involved attempting to address the "nonsense previously put forward" as if it involved enough parallels to be remotely relevant.

Monkey's gonna monkey 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I See 'Naisy' has been given the script from Ann Budge. All the buzzwords from him.

STEVEN NAISMITH has branded Hearts’ relegation a SCANDAL — and says he’s embarrassed by the way the game is run here.

Jambos star Naisy reckons beaks have been such a laughing stock during the coronavirus crisis that football has looked more like a COMEDY.

An SFA arbitration process will decide if Hearts now go down to the Championship after they finished bottom of the Premiership when the season ended early.

Naismith said: “It’s been the darkest time since I’ve taken an interest in football. It’s shown up a lot of bad practice.

“The whole thing is ludicrous and a scandal. The mentality of a lot of clubs in Scotland is self-interest.

"For the last ten years Scottish football has been getting lower and lower in quality.”

Former Everton and Norwich man Naismith has struggled to defend the game here when he speaks to ex-team-mates and friends down south.

He said: “Scottish football is a laughing stock down there. Trying to explain what’s happening is like a comedy strip.

“It’s embarrassing and the way things are set up is ridiculous. You’ve got a structure that doesn’t work.

"It’s for the sake of people going to a board meeting, saying they’ve made changes and how good it is for the Scottish game. No it’s not.

“We’ve got too many professional teams. There’s always this comparison between England and Scotland.

“There’s NO comparison.

"We’re never going to be the same as the English leagues and have the same backing, so stop trying to compare.

“We need to build something that’s different, generates good quality young players coming through academies, which will give players’ better income and is competitive year on year.3

“Another mind-boggling decision was what happened to Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers. The whole thing is a scandal.

“It was such a good chance to try and build some foundations to project Scottish football in a new light but it was a missed chance again.

“This was a great opportunity at such a hard time to build a plan that pushes Scottish football, makes it more competitive, gets more crowds in and moves it forward.

“But since I’ve been full-time it’s just regressed and regressed in nearly every department.

“Taskforces were put in place, different group after different group tried to come to some conclusion to find a way forward that minimised the costs to clubs and was a plan forward for everyone.

“It now costs more money for everyone involved and just kicks the can down the road for a month.

"You have the fallout at the end of it where everyone is going to suffer.

“It’s ironic you’ve got clubs saying they need to try to come together to pay for these legal fees.

"A month ago they voted to punish other teams for a competition that wasn’t even finished.

“Now it’s got so messy and gone to legal arbitration processes which has left club relationships up in smoke.

“Everyone is pointing the finger at each other.

“There needs to be an appointed board that has the power to make Scottish football better.

“But it’ll never get like that because there are too many people who love where they sit and have this ego of where they are.

“They’re happy with that and with making no decisions. It’s rubbish.”

Scottish Football might be a laughing stock down south, but Hearts and Naismith are a laughing stock here

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You’re spot on there. That seems a ridiculous decision to stop one league, but carry on with the league underneath. We’ve come up with some strange scenarios in Scotland over the past four months, but none as strange as that.

I think that it's actually been handled fairly well here overall. Options were put to the clubs, votes were cast and clubs were given the opportunity to put forward their own proposals.

The SPFL and Cockwomble are shite, and there are questions over the Dundee vote (which may turn out to be fine), but the process was a decent one.

It's only the ones who it went against who are screeching about shambles etc.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Naismith seems like quite a nice guy, gives money to homeless charities etc.

But his "piece" here might as well be badged as "please save Hearts" because - like so many of them - he doesnt actually come up with anything like an idea.

I do particularly like the bit in bold.............at least he is keeping on Budges "too many teams" message which went down a treat with L1 and L2 teams during the voting. However he gets a bit confused then when talkign about adding the Keltys and Broras😆

There are more than one Kelty and more than Brora?

33 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I presume this appointed board should contain some 'successful business people' (or their friends) ?

Alternatively, can you imagine the outcry if such a board decreed that for the good of the game the league should be called early, relegating the Hearts.
"Oh, woe is us, we should all have a chance to vote - the majority would never accept this, sack the board" etc etc

Budge was indeed on the board herself a couple of years back.

29 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

He is creating the narrative that it will be Scottish football and not Hearts he is running away from when he doesn't fancy playing in The Championship

Naismith played the last time Scotland had a game (3-1 v Kazakhstan) and is/was probably hoping to hang on for the Euro playoffs. It seems unlikely that he would get picked for the squads in September and October if he stays with Hearts, because as it stands they won't be playing proper games before October.

Just had a look at JK loved this comment

I've nothing to evidence this but I am fairly certain we can take the appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne.

Well here is the evidence

Chairman of the Scottish Arbitration Centre Brandon Malone has categorically stated it cannot be taken to COA in Lausanne

Facts can be annoying

12 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Different guy Monkey, I'm talking about my taxi driver mate not the ex footballer. 

Wait they might be one and the same 

Ask him if he has a conviction for driving whilst three times over the limit ?

That should help differentiate them 

What option did she have? Even Neil Doncaster said he thought there was support. Quite a number of clubs are quoted as saying they were surprised how little support there was in the end. Anonymous sources were quoted in the Record saying some chairmen had decided they wouldn't vote for anything that benefitted Caley. It seems to have been a total charade.

To say that reconstruction in the form she suggested would not pass. Which she was told early and knew.

There was some support for reconstruction. There was never anything remotely approaching enough to have what Budge proposed passed.

It was a complete waste of time and energy. And to me it looks like it was only done to wind up Hearts fans when it was rejected. How many new FOH subs and season tickets have been sold on the back of other sides rejecting Hearts reconstruction plan?

The reason why reconstruction is difficult is because you have to produce something better than what you have for the majority of teams. The Budge proposal was better for 6-8 teams and definitively worse for another 36 sides.

54 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think the goalposts have been changed maybe not for the tarts but for the jags and below,if the league season doesn't start until October the question should be can they play the play off games.
If they're still looking to play the Scottish cup semis and final for me there is not much difference for the play offs.

I think the goalposts have been changed maybe not for the tarts but for the jags and below,if the league season doesn't start until October the question should be can they play the play off games.
If they're still looking to play the Scottish cup semis and final for me there is not much difference for the play offs.

There is a world of difference between finishing the cup and the play offs.

Teams deserve to know the league they are going to be in well in advance. Look at what happened when Dundee (?) took Rangers place when they were liquidated and we refused to allow sevco into the SPL. They were horrible that season and I’m sure it was partly down to being unable to plan properly not knowing what league they would be in.