League Reconstruction 20/21 season

9 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

My main point is it could all so easily have been avoided.

Not really. Had the Dundee vote been performed perfectly, according to your exacting standards, the end result would be much the same (no successful alternative proposal was going to be anything other than much the same as the one they eventually voted for - perhaps with some tiny concessions to nudge Dundee or some other club into a yes vote, because there was nowhere near enough support for anything else) and Hearts would still be in court arguing 'It's not fair', but with even less of a case than they have now.

Can you seriously envisage 30-odd SPFL clubs suddenly voting for null and void? For cancelling relegation to punish the good teams at the expense of the shit ones? For attempting to play out the season in defiance of Sky and UEFA and/or the Scottish government advice and/or the ability of Premiership players to physically play the resulting  schedule pileup? You guys are big on accusing everyone else of 'self-interest'. How can it be 'easy' to stop 30 club chairmen acting in their own self interest? Try persuading your boss to become an altruist, at the expense of his own financial interests sometime - and then try to persuade 29 others.

The only person who could have stopped this court case happening was Ann Budge.

Edited by Aim Here

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

400+ posts - realised that most were from or in reply to the puddle drinker.

You say that now. But I know you Dundee lot. You'll be changing your mind any minute now.

I like to imagine that JKB is like a huge NASA control room. They gather together their best minds to come up with the most salient arguments to equip their most experienced and highly trained poster for the journey to P&B. JKB think that they have launched Apollo 11 & that this will lead to their eternal glory. However, when it arrives at P&B, the reality is more like Apollo 13, a rocket exploding all over the place. 
I was thinking more Apollo 1.

Guest 8GamesToGo
15 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Not really. Had the Dundee vote been performed perfectly, according to your exacting standards, the end result would be much the same (no successful alternative proposal was going to be anything other than much the same as the one they eventually voted for - perhaps with some tiny concessions to nudge Dundee or some other club into a yes vote, because there was nowhere near enough support for anything else) and Hearts would still be in court arguing 'It's not fair', but with even less of a case than they have now.

Can you seriously envisage 30-odd SPFL clubs suddenly voting for null and void? For cancelling relegation to punish the good teams at the expense of the shit ones? For attempting to play out the season in defiance of Sky and UEFA and/or the Scottish government advice and/or the ability of Premiership players to physically play the resulting  schedule pileup? You guys are big on accusing everyone else of 'self-interest'. How can it be 'easy' to stop 30 club chairmen acting in their own self interest? Try persuading your boss to become an altruist, at the expense of his own financial interests sometime - and then try to persuade 29 others.

The only person who could have stopped this court case happening was Ann Budge.

Jesus. It's not too much to expect a vital vote impacting an entire industry and lots of people with millions of pounds in money at stake not to turn out like an episode of Some Mothers Do Ave Em.

Using your boss analogy, you've a company of 42 people. A pandemic hits. Do you fire the worst performing 3 to keep paying everyone else as close to what they'd expect as possible - without even discussing alternative options, or do you ask all 42 to take a smaller hit to look after everyone?

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

Jesus. It's not too much to expect a vital vote impacting an entire industry and lots of people with millions of pounds in money at stake not to turn out like an episode of Some Mothers Do Ave Em.

Doesn't matter. The procedure still came up with the only result that was ever going to happen.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Doesn't matter. The procedure still came up with the only result that was ever going to happen.

And in all honesty I don't expect to win and even if we do they could just order the vote to be retaken but there might be some answers provided.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Tenkay said:

Yes. If Hearts had just been a wee bit better, and overtook Hamilton Accies then we'd never had had this fukin tiresome episode!

Or if the pandemic had hit just a wee bit earlier. I'm pretty sure Hamilton wouldn't have taken it lying down either though. Kind of insulting to suggest otherwise.

Guest 8GamesToGo
5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You're Kidding?

I went to almost every game in 85/86 home and away (apart from the last one thank f**k). Your cunning wordplay is water off my back. Best season I've ever experienced watching the last team that has managed to get anywhere near the Old Firm in over 30 years. And probably the last ever to get as close.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

I can’t understand why fans of other teams think it’s fair that Hearts or Partick should be relegated.

St Mirren were bottom last season with eight games to go and survived.

Leicester were bottom with 8 games to go escaped and won the league the following season.

Wolfsberg were 4 points behind in the Bundesliga with 8 games to go this season and survived.

Hearts have beaten Rangers twice, Hibs away should have beaten Motherwell and weren’t even the bookies favourites to go down.

I believe that Hearts had a decent chance of winning the Scottish Cup under Stendal. 

Just now, DVB said:

I can’t understand why fans of other teams think it’s fair that Hearts or Partick should be relegated.

St Mirren were bottom last season with eight games to go and survived.

Leicester were bottom with 8 games to go escaped and won the league the following season.

Wolfsberg were 4 points behind in the Bundesliga with 8 games to go this season and survived.

Hearts have beaten Rangers twice, Hibs away should have beaten Motherwell and weren’t even the bookies favourites to go down.

I believe that Hearts had a decent chance of winning the Scottish Cup under Stendal. 

Another one who's kidding me on.

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Using your boss analogy, you've a company of 42 people. A pandemic hits. Do you fire the worst performing 3 to keep paying everyone else as close to what they'd expect as possible - without even discussing alternative options, or do you ask all 42 to take a smaller hit to look after everyone?

No, you discuss all the alternatives, reject them one by one by member's vote, and then settle for the status quo. A pandemic is a bad time for long term restructuring, and a terrible time for short term restructuring. Shittiest teams get demoted, best teams get promoted. Keeping some normalcy and stability in difficult times.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Another one who's kidding me on.

If you only have one joke I suppose you have to keep using it.