League Reconstruction 20/21 season

[mention=50998]wastecoatwilly[/mention] any ballpark figure to back up your claims?
Iirc, the SFA get about 10% of gate money for Scottish Cup games. Assuming two capacity crowds at the semi finals you'd probably be looking at them getting around 200-250k plus the cost for Hampden. Final would be around half that so 300-375k probably.

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:
2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:
[mention=50998]wastecoatwilly[/mention] any ballpark figure to back up your claims?

Iirc, the SFA get about 10% of gate money for Scottish Cup games. Assuming two capacity crowds at the semi finals you'd probably be looking at them getting around 200-250k plus the cost for Hampden. Final would be around half that so 300-375k probably.

Appreciate the post, but I was wondering if brains of Britain Wastecoatwilly had any idea what sort of money the SFA made from the Scottish Cup, whilst he was accusing them of forcing the Scottish Cup games to played as if they were doing it out of some sort of money grab.  

There’s no reason why the Scottish Cup can’t be played to a finish next season, due to the fact it’s a standalone cup competition and doesn’t affect teams wondering which league they would be playing in, in the way playing the play offs at a future date would have. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I would say a £1 is too much and a £1 million isn't enough.

Thanks for the reply, it makes perfect sense in relation to the question ‘How much money does the SFA make from the Semis and Final of the Scottish Cup?’ 

It still wouldn’t  make much sense tbh, but do you mean £1 would be too low and £1 million would be too much? Is that an admission that you don’t have a clue how much they make? 

2 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

He’s usually pretty clued up so I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt. 

After misunderstanding Scottish football he's branched out in to Spanish politics. His ignorance has no limits.

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

After misunderstanding Scottish football he's branched out in to Spanish politics. His ignorance has no limits.

The problem with the Catalonians is that they just don’t want independence hard enough. 

20 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Makes me laugh this worship of qc opinions which are basically an opinion on what grounds they could make a case.  They will 9 times out of 10 come up with something but that doesn’t mean they will win and that opposing QC can’t readily counter these arguments and provide other info and context that the court finds compelling

We have one of our ex-owners, a very experienced senior lawyer himself, urging us to go down the legal route, having had discussions with a QC. 

My level of  trust of his  judgement in the risks involved taking this to court, is somewhat higher than the opinion of some random on a football forum. 

8 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

A Charitable trust can make donations to the individual clubs

I agree, and that makes the way this offer emerged into the public domain even more bizarre.

If it is as simple to short circuit the SPFL and send money direct to those deserving lower league clubs anonymously, then why didnt this happen?

A cynic might conclude that - despite this offer coming with "no strings" - any lifesaving cash was designed to (covertly) ease the way with Budges reconstruction plan in the minds of Lower League chairmen.

However, I will leave the conspiracy theories to the idiots, and look forward to this cash hitting the lower league bank accounts sometime next week.

16 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

We have one of our ex-owners, a very experienced senior lawyer house conveyancer himself, urging us to go down the legal route, having had discussions with a QC. 

ftfy

22 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

We have one of our ex-owners, a very experienced senior lawyer himself, urging us to go down the legal route, having had discussions with a QC.

You mean Leslie Deans don't you? A man who, on live radio, said you can get any advice you want to from a legal advisor.

58 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

My level of  trust of his  judgement in the risks involved taking this to court, is somewhat higher than the opinion of some random on a football forum. 

Is this Deans your talking about?

I think his money laundering talents would be better used in the unconditional offer than his legal advice.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think his alleged money laundering talents would be better used in the unconditional offer than his legal.advice.

* cough *

After all, the charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence. Not no evidence, mind, but insufficient enough not to bring a criminal case to court.

Just now, Ric said:

* cough *

After all, the charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence. Not no evidence, mind, but insufficient enough not to bring a criminal case to court.

Alleged, of course, thanks.

The fact he got away with it confirms how good he is at it. Hearts have the right man in the wrong job. He could've explained to Doncaster how the money would be delivered and how they'd have a "nice little earner* off the top. Hearts stay up, the diddies get weighed in, everybody's a winner. Nudge nudge wink wink.

38 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I agree, and that makes the way this offer emerged into the public domain even more bizarre.

If it is as simple to short circuit the SPFL and send money direct to those deserving lower league clubs anonymously, then why didnt this happen?

A cynic might conclude that - despite this offer coming with "no strings" - any lifesaving cash was designed to (covertly) ease the way with Budges reconstruction plan in the minds of Lower League chairmen.

However, I will leave the conspiracy theories to the idiots, and look forward to this cash hitting the lower league bank accounts sometime next week.

A cynic might similarly conclude that the SPFL’s lifesaving cash was designed to covertly ease the path of Doncaster’s/McLennan’s/McKenzie’s original “call the league” plan in the minds of lower league chairmen.

Anyway, we’ll find out soon enough. But Ben E Factor didn’t attach any strings to the money given to Hearts.

11 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

A cynic might similarly conclude that the SPFL’s lifesaving cash was designed to covertly ease the path of Doncaster’s/McLennan’s/McKenzie’s original “call the league” plan in the minds of lower league chairmen.

Anyway, we’ll find out soon enough. But Ben E Factor didn’t attach any strings to the money given to Hearts.

That money was the normal dividend, there was nothing covert about it. Clubs knew it was there and where it was coming from. The fact they thought it was being needlessly withheld was the issue.

12 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

It wasnt covert, it was plainly stated.

Anyway, as you say lets hope that this cash arrives and allows Hearts to fulfil a full season in the Championship - which is what we all desire 🤭