League Reconstruction 20/21 season

28 minutes ago, Werner Herzog said:

Relegated 6/7 matches  before a season was finished, who had a game in hand over QOTS & will go into a division that might be mothballed. All of which was enabled by an incompetent voting process by the SPFL.

That seem fair to you?

Yes.

Now,

1) Give us Joe Cardle

2) Off you pop to the seaside league

F9DA1020-CF58-45E8-8BC3-C05C0FB434A9.jpeg

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

7 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

I am also aware that s27A(1)(b) of the Court of Session Act, as amended by the 2014 Act you refer to, allows the court to extend that time period if it is equitable to do so. Cjf2irkhw-wAx1fJikI7tAOWFSmvQaF1dM-25ExN

Is it equitable to do so though? Considering all the steps to have caused delays up to this moment were almost unanimously were put in place by Hearts, when they could've at least asked for an appeal at the same time.

Just now, Werner Herzog said:

Would you say the same if Ayr were in Partick's position?

You mean bankrolled by a multimillionaire lottery winner, spunking money up the wall on players you otherwise couldn’t afford and yet still being so unable to score you’d strike out in a brothel?

I’m sure Ayr United are green with envy...😂

41 minutes ago, Werner Herzog said:

Lots of folk laughing at Hearts today (which is understandable), but putting that aside, what has happened to Partick Thistle today is utterly shameful. 

As someone who liked to attend a number of different games across the divisions over the years, that's  26 clubs who will never see another penny from me ever again. In a time when solidarity was needed, self interest & selfishness won the day. For me, this is the day Scottish football died. Utterly depressing. 

steve coogan shrug GIF

41 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

neil degrasse tyson badass GIF

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I can't wait until a years time, @SEETHING having vanished from the forum after Hearts get an out of court settlement has his posts repeatedly quoted for point and laugh material whilst a few valiant Hearts fans will proclaim that they've seen 'justice' and inflate the amount they receive tenfold to avoid further embarrassment.

A Seville Settlement

5 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

No no, my friend; you may find that all leagues have to "sit out" until HMFC has its day in court. Cjf2irkhw-wAx1fJikI7tAOWFSmvQaF1dM-25ExN

Keeping Up With The Kardashians Reality GIF

19 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

The devastating words from McKinnon at Morton that revealed the plot to null and void the season.

Scot Gardiner said he was working with Hearts and Rangers to put in a new resolution. He said they would try to put that resolution in before the vote so there would be two resolutions for clubs to vote on.

“If not, and if the SPFL proposals were voted down, then they would try to push on with their own resolution - and that resolution was to void the season with no promotion and no relegation.

Well that one certainly backfired. If Hearts want to blame anyone blame themselves and Scott Gardiner in particular for creating the bad blood. Its not how you canvass goodwill.  

To be fair to Scott Gardiner he's did absolutely everything possible to help his club.

Pity for ICT fans that his club is Sevco.

10 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

I am also aware that s27A(1)(b) of the Court of Session Act 1988, as amended by the 2014 Act you refer to, allows the court to extend that time period if it is equitable to do so. Cjf2irkhw-wAx1fJikI7tAOWFSmvQaF1dM-25ExN

Aye but we're all sick of it, so lets move on eh?

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Is it equitable to do so though? Considering all the steps to have caused delays up to this moment were almost unanimously were put in place by Hearts, when they could've at least asked for an appeal at the same time.

It is definitely equitable. Glad to have cleared things up for you. Cjf2irkhw-wAx1fJikI7tAOWFSmvQaF1dM-25ExN

Spoiler

Genuinely tho - I would hope so. Don't think anyone could accuse HMFC of acting in bad faith by engaging in reconstruction talks in an attempt to find a solution that the vast majority of clubs would agree to. The courts are generally pretty keen on parties doing everything they can to avoid bringing disputes into court in the first place. HMFC, at this point, has no other option. 

Edited by SEETHING

15 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

You’re quite correct @SEETHING that a Judicial Review in Scotland can be against a private body

Again, assuming you’re as knowledgable as you claim to be on Scots Law, you’ll be aware that the Courts Reform (Scotland) Act 2014 states that there is a three month time bar on requesting a review. On what ground would HoMFC be asking for a review, as the suspension of games was over 3 months ago, and you have by my reckoning less than a month to go for the vote to end the season?

In addition, that handy piece of legislation also stipulates that should a pursuer prejudice their case by causing unnecessary delay to the proceedings (which arguably HoMFC have by fannying around with Reconstruction for so long in order to defeat their own ends; as well as actually voting in favour of the resolution which ultimately ended in their relegation), then the courts can exercise their discretion and dismiss the request out of hand.

The Premiership season ended on 18 May after Hearts and others voted to do so.  They are within their 3 months but played their part every step of the way.