League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me the colts are for the development of young talent, only competitive football is what's needed at a certain point in that development(18 to 21), the level is less important than getting the 50 games under their belts.if the level isn't good enough or is too good then it should be reviewed.As far as the league they play in, their position in that league doesn't matter.
The challenge cup hasn't been effected by the colts, I wouldn't think they would be allowed to play in the Scottish cup.
It's not about devaluing the league they play in, it's about creating a conveyor belt of players to increase the level of our game at club level and hopefully national level.

Again, why should Celtic get preferential treatment to help them develop their youngsters?

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me the colts are for the development of young talent, only competitive football is what's needed at a certain point in that development(18 to 21), the level is less important than getting the 50 games under their belts.if the level isn't good enough or is too good then it should be reviewed.As far as the league they play in, their position in that league doesn't matter.
The challenge cup hasn't been effected by the colts, I wouldn't think they would be allowed to play in the Scottish cup.
It's not about devaluing the league they play in, it's about creating a conveyor belt of players to increase the level of our game at club level and hopefully national level.

Are you arguing for or against it?

13 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Or you could just not sign every player in the land, then you wouldn't need multiple teams to give them all a game.

We need more talent not less, is it a bad thing giving young talent a chance at different levels Daniel Church played U20's plus east Fife,Ewan Henderson U20's plus ross county.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We need more talent not less, is it a bad thing giving young talent a chance at different levels Daniel Church played U20's plus east Fife,Ewan Henderson U20's plus ross county.

Aye, but why should it only be the Old Firm who get to play Colt sides? Every Premiership team should have the opportunity to field them.

4 hours ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

This x100 which is why Thistle have the stronger case if court case heard & finished by end of next week!! Which of course we know it won’t. 

Cannot be bothered going back over it with the school kids from last night again but Hearts have a different plan of action & that’s to cause complete & utter chaos even if their case was to fail. 

No way the league will restart as it stands on 1/8 as court hearing won’t be completed (along with possible subsequent court appeals) by that point. 

Hearts aren’t due to start their league, as it stands, until at least mid Oct. They’re able to survive to that point. Others won’t and that’s a well known fact. 

High stakes poker and as I did say last night, the SPFL/clubs have continually kicked the can so far down the road for this to cause chaos for season 2020/21.

David Winnie ex St Mirren and Hearts a good read on this. I’m also told that there has been 3rd Party contact to one of the clubs taking SPFL to court today (maybe both).

The SPFL are resembling the UK Govt re Covid. They knew it was coming but now it’s here they’ve no idea what to do for the best. A lot of chairmen brown trousers i’d imagine especially in premiership. 

"good of Scottish football"

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Ok. With the government restrictions in place meaning that the first possible, but not definite, date that top league matches in Scotland can be played is 1st August, how would you suggest that the remaining matches could be played and Scotland’s European representatives  be given to UEFA in time for the qualifying rounds of next season’s competitions?

Edit: The qualifiers for Scottish clubs start on 27th August.

Hearts don't need to worry too much about them.

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hearts are in Drop Zone 1

:lol:

4 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That's as daft an assertion I've seen on here for a long time.

:thumsup2

3 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

SFA banned all football activity in Scotland until 12 June, before the Dundee vote was even cast.

Aye, but, it's still no' fair

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Why wouldn't they? If you mean because the rules won't permit it, that bolsters my point that there's a surefire conflict of interest.

If you mean because they won't be good enough, I disagree - there are a fair number of cases in Europe where 'B' teams have been denied promotion, or 'A' teams denied relegation precisely because there's another sister club in the league they'd travel to.

Remember,  only a year or two ago, you had Scotty Allan and Yusuf Mulumbu - no-brainer first-team picks for Premiership teams (if not star players) only the previous season - sitting in the pub on Saturday afternoon playing dominoes because they couldn't even get on the subs bench at Celtic. You think Celtic couldn't put together a 'B' team that would pretty much coast to the second tier, at least?

The mythical quadruple is within their grasp...

3 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

Jings, I hate to have to do this, but please explain how it was possible to play professional football in Scotland, when it was banned in March, and as we speak in June is still banned and the earliest date the Scottish Government has said it will lift the ban is 1 August, if it is safe to do so. Try to be brief.

It's no' fair

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I see that the mantra "It's all for the good of Scottish football" didn't last long.:lol:

What an odious steaming shite of a club. 

:thumsup2