League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me the colts are for the development of young talent, only competitive football is what's needed at a certain point in that development(18 to 21), the level is less important than getting the 50 games under their belts.if the level isn't good enough or is too good then it should be reviewed.As far as the league they play in, their position in that league doesn't matter.
The challenge cup hasn't been effected by the colts, I wouldn't think they would be allowed to play in the Scottish cup.
It's not about devaluing the league they play in, it's about creating a conveyor belt of players to increase the level of our game at club level and hopefully national level.

Even if it was only Celtic colts my question has not been answered. Which Division 2 team would you chuck out to make way for your weans? If  Rangers colts are also to be admitted which other team would be ejected? As for the cups, is it a case of never mind any regulations since the colts can pick and choose whether to play or not in the interests of creating the conveyor belt?

Total patronising stupidity!!

11 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

You’ll be reassured having Ron fully commited for the rocky road ahead, though. What? You’re not?

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

This seems like a fair summary from a Thistle fan's Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/woodstockjag/status/1273304860402778113 (Followed by Jim Spence, Laura Kuenssberg and Joanna Cherry)

You can add Schona Jolly QC, Jo Maugham QC, and David Allen Green to his *legal Twitter* followers as well.

33 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Thanks. So is the Scottish 4070 “Death Cert mentions Covid” figure like for like with the UK’s 51804 below? In which case we are (at 5/7 July) still worse pro-rata than rUK?

A506C939-3D35-4FE1-A4AB-A4C9D8C15D33.png

It's not the right thread, but deaths per million are:

England 673

Scotland 449

Wales 467

N. Ire 288

9 minutes ago, The DA said:

This seems like a fair summary from a Thistle fan's Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/woodstockjag/status/1273304860402778113 (Followed by Jim Spence, Laura Kuenssberg and Joanna Cherry)

You don't want to believe anything that wee twerp writes! @Ad Lib

Just now, welshbairn said:

I would STRONGLY advise the SPFL to desist from demoting Partick Thistle to League One.

If it’s good enough for the Coronavirus guidance it’s good enough for the SPFL.

I say when this is done.  Fine Hearts 1 Million,  expel them from the SPFL, make sure they can't play in the lower leagues. Salt the earth at Tynecastle and have that woman from Game of Thrones yelling SHAME from the plaza at the new stand.  Also kick Craig Levein in the balls.

Now as for Thistle.

tenor.gif

54 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Thanks. So is the Scottish 4070 “Death Cert mentions Covid” figure like for like with the UK’s 51804 below? In which case we are (at 5/7 July) still worse pro-rata than rUK?

A506C939-3D35-4FE1-A4AB-A4C9D8C15D33.png

8% of the population, 7.8% of the deaths according to your numbers, quite close

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The actual, eventual payout is going to be roughly what Anderson donated to the clubs isn't it ?

A great big fucking waste of time all round then.

nic3.png.34b2b95f0512697e2523ead2d64c46cc.png

I'd be surprised if the SPFL's legal costs were that high tbh. 

38 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:
Hearts fan now early celebrating being awarded £10m. Just like the celebrations this time last week when they were staying up.
Never change, lads. emoji38.png

She would only spunk it Sevco style on a ridiculously over paid squad to play the like of Alloa, Arbroath and Morton. No big deal.

Either that or it could be used to finish their new stand.

17 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

I say when this is done.  Fine Hearts 1 Million,  expel them from the SPFL, make sure they can't play in the lower leagues. Salt the earth at Tynecastle and have that woman from Game of Thrones yelling SHAME from the plaza at the new stand.  Also kick Craig Levein in the balls.

Now as for Thistle.

tenor.gif

No-one will be naked though!

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

t's not about devaluing the league they play in, it's about creating a conveyor belt of players to increase the level of our game at club level and hopefully national level.

Which club? More to the point, which country?

First time caller.....

Dyed in wool Hibee so freely admit to being biased. But also hopefully fair and balanced. Admit to having initial sympathy for Hearts - imperfect solution - but appalled by their subsequent arrogance, entitlement and delusions of grandeur. Who advised them on their PR ? And precious little self examination of the roles Budge and Levein played in getting them to this point. Any sympathy from me - and majority of other clubs - disappeared pretty quickly when they sought to threaten, bribe and coerce. 

Plenty of mates who are card carrying hard nosed Jambos. Sensible and likeable long time friends but they appear to have lost the plot over this business. No rational thought, just anger and increasingly aggressive. 

And so to Court. Nothing is certain in a court but still believe this will end in a mutual face saving out of court settlement. Amount anyone’s guess but the real cost - regardless of financial winners and losers in judicial process - will be far greater for Scottish football, friendships and communities than this whole sorry affair.

7 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53076970

Scottish football's going down the pan apparently.

If that's how he feels then maybe he should encourage the SPFL and member clubs not to pursue piss poor proposals such as 14 team leagues.

"Everything's shit, wee clubs aren't doing as they're telt, we don't have an improved sponsorship deal that we have, and there's a lack of interest as evidenced by stable or rising attendances."

"Can Celtgers go and play in England yet, please?"

- the former CEO of the Scottish Football Association.

Old Kher shitting it from the infamous bully Ross McArthur and confirming we voted against the proposal (When I'd 100% accepted the opposite):

Fucking yasssss. We are in with the good guys.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Old Kher shitting it from the infamous bully Ross McArthur and confirming we voted against the proposal (When I'd 100% accepted the opposite):

Fucking yasssss. We are in with the good guys.

I didn't know Mike had it in him.

tenor.gif?itemid=3684204